You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we put Inrunners in all 90mm jets?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to leave it as is, an option. Inrunners add cost as well as weight. I fly off a 300 ft. paved runway, so weight is a factor in landing speed. The current offering of outrnners give respectable speed imo. I also have to deal with a limited hobby budget.

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

Please no Porkers like the F-15/16 .. Stick with the current direction of the new F-18 Hornet .. Less Bling equals more Zing & Bang with the Inrunners :Cool:
      Personally, there is a balance to be had for sure, but I love the scale gadgets. Especially gear doors. They clean up the air frame and make it look so much more like the real bird. To me, they are a must have on new 90mm edfs. And I would love to see more beautiful scale landing gear like on the F-16. Switching over to the lighter FMS fan on the F-16 has made it one of my favorite birds to fly now. I know this is derailing a bit from the original topic, so I'll just leave it there.

Comment

About weight - The inrunner setup we are testing would be the same weight as the current outrunner setup. No weight penalty.

About offering it as an option - we do this now with the F-15 but the price delta is $50. To cut that delta in half, we have to buy inrunners in volume which essentially means dumping the outrunner all together.

I suppose that could lead to another question. Would you want to keep the outrunner? continuing outrunner PNP planes at the current price would make the inrunner a $50 price premium because the volume would be much lower. We worked out a big discount to order inrunners in volume which we'd pass along.

Option 1: outrunner PNP at current price, inrunner PNP at $50 premium
        Option 2: no outrunner, inrunner PNP at $25 (or so) premium (could be less, not 100% sure yet)

Comment

Option 2 please.

Comment

Option 2 by a long shot. I can skip a few Starbucks runs and make up the difference in price from Option 1. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Option 2 by a long shot.
              Myself and thousands others concur. ;)LOL
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Option 2 always! just make sure the performance difference is noticeable, not negligible.

Comment

Option 2! Without a doubt.

Comment

I almost wrote a reply yesterday that would say: "Why don't you say goodbye to outrunners and install inrunners in all your EDF's and be done with it. That would be your price increase and hopefully you won't have another for quite some time and there wouldn't be extra charges for inrunners if you filled every order with one...." I didn't send that reply because I knew that Motion had to make decisions on how to save pricing and give the people what they want. The old saying: "Give the people what they want and they will be happy" is what it looks like here...Inrunners for every man, woman and child and life will be good again!!!! There Ya Go!

Comment

Tom I have read carefully your thoughts as well as those responding..If you look at my purchases from Motion RC they have been substantial but you will also find they cover many types of planes, so my comments are not limited to one type of plane. Over the years I have been leaning toward performance with all types. I suppose that is my nature. Option 2 seems to be the most perferred and I would say the same.But I think it would be a bad business decision for your company. Personally I would be happy to pay the extra fifty dollars.In fact if you could have the option to have a receiver with a gyro installed I would love it.As a matter of fact when I'mlooking for new planes I look for gyro included.And getting back to it I would bet most of the fellows that want an inrunner would go for the price increase.Just my thoughts. Over the years I have been very happy with Motion rc.

Comment

Another +1 for option #2

Comment

Option 2 for sure!

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but this would go into affect for ALL future shipments of current 90mm edfs or just in the future releases?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                              Maybe I missed it, but this would go into affect for ALL future shipments of current 90mm edfs or just in the future releases?
                              Yes, all current (existing) and future 90mm jets. We can get better inrunner pricing if we purchase in volume. That brings the inrunner cost down but we have to dump the outrunner to do it at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

Yes, all current (existing) and future 90mm jets. We can get better inrunner pricing if we purchase in volume. That brings the inrunner cost down but we have to dump the outrunner to do it at a reasonable price.
                                Then I am even more in than before! Go ahead and toss one of those new inrunners in a B/A F18 for me and I'll pay the extra and report back how it does!! :):f18

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Then I am even more in than before! Go ahead and toss one of those new inrunners in a B/A F18 for me and I'll pay the extra and report back how it does!! :):f18
                                  Put me on that list too.... Preferably the big one out of the High Performance F-15 and the 155A ESC...

Comment

Do the right thing... never stay stagnant. Advance the hobby with minimal cost and maximum fun.
                                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Go for it!!!!

Comment

Even in this microcosm format I submit humbly that the overwhelming vote for YES to inrunners would translate across the entire sector of all RC EDF Jet enthusiasts.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I already have upgraded my 70mm and 80mm jets to inrunners and am very pleased with the results. I would much prefer to buy future jets of all sizes with inrunners already installed. The price increase mentioned seems to be a worthwhile trade-off. Drop the outrunner option completely.

Comment

Working...
                                          X