You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - Which Freewing AL37 version do you plan to purchase?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callie should post requested themes on this thread. I'd be interested in seeing pics of the decal themes.

Comment

Clean, unaplied decals

Comment

We really appreciate everyone's feedback. We now have enough data to finalize our ratio of base white and pre-applied decal versions for final production. Please be advised we have made a small change to Version 1 mentioned above. Version 1 will have all decals pre-applied EXCEPT for the Motion RC Airlines decal. Version 2 will remain unchanged, base white with decals included in the box but not pre-applied. The pre-order pages, coming soon, will have specific details about each version. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Marco Polo.
          The adjusted version one is a nice idea, as the tail decals are pretty tastefully done, now allowing for the addition of our own airline, whether fictitious or not. Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by urrl View Post
            Callie should post requested themes on this thread. I'd be interested in seeing pics of the decal themes.
            licensing issues could easily prevent her from doing this.

Comment

I'll install the decals myself. Another order for Callie.

Comment

Please make both versions...Man this plane is a dream come true...Thank you !

Comment

Much easier to paint my version on a clean slate! Tomco

Comment

I plan on customizing a Base White. It seems like others are already doing the P-8, so I may end up doing a firebomber just for fun.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

# 2

Comment

The all white version as I would
                        love to do the United Airlines scheme. Thanks
                        Roy Mayoral

Comment

will there be a version in the future with passenger windows cut out ? so we can place led lighting inside for even a more realistic look???

Comment

luke115 Hi Luke, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Good question! I'm happy to answer it for you. Initially, we explored the possibility of molding the AL37's fuselage with windows, however ultimately it was not feasible for several reasons.

First, at about 10mm, the wall thickness of the foam, which is necessary for strength and mold consistency, would look very unrealistic. From most viewing angles from someone standing on the outside looking in, they'd see the foam sidewall. Illuminating the windows is a neat idea, but in practice, the entire interior surface needs to be painted black, and even then, our testing showed that lots of light would still bleed through the thick foam side walls of the windows. We reasoned that spending extra time, money, and resources to create a result that didn't look how people would expect it to look, wasn't worth the expenditure.

Second, the large number of holes comprised the structural rigidity of the model during prototype flight testing. I'd rather an airplane stayed in one piece.

Third, the cost in time and manpower involved to mold and install clear plastic over all those windows, flush against the necessary edge returns, was considerable and would significantly increase the model's price point. We really worked hard to keep the AL37 in the pricing "sweet spot" to get most people in the air with an airliner in the first place, and we didn't want to risk pricing too many people out of the model.

There are three additional reasons which caused us to rule out this approach, but suffice to say they all pointed to the same conclusions which resulted in the AL37 being exactly as it was delivered to customers earlier this month.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha for your post. I was thinking the same about the windows. it’s a beautiful model!!
                              Roy Mayoral

Comment

The white with Pan Am Callie graphics on the way.

Comment

Version 2. Looking forward to making it into a 737 BCF.

RStrowe

Comment

Working...
                                  X