X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x3S in Viper

Hi. Is it posiible to put two 3S lipos in series in Eflite Viper instead of just one pack?
    Would say two 2.800 3S packs be too much?

Nikom Two 3s 2800mAh packs in series would result in a 6s 2800mAh pack. Verify the weight and capacity is sufficient for your model and within its recommended parameters for voltage. It also needs to CG.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

This Viper requires a 6s battery between 3200mah to 4000mah. Going with only 2800mah would result in a very short flight time, even if you flew it very conservatively.

Comment

i’m confused. Should’nt you add up the numbers? Meaning 2x 2.800 are 3.600mah? Doh, of course the 2.800 is still 2.800:) Sorry, but thank's for your help.

Comment

Nikom If you wire two batteries in series, you add the voltage but the capacity (mAh) remains the same. If you wire two batteries in parallel, you add the capacity but the voltage remains the same.

You would need two 3s 4000mAh batteries, wired in series, to obtain a 6s 4000mAh battery, which as Xviper said is recommended for this aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            Nikom If you wire two batteries in series, you add the voltage but the capacity (mAh) remains the same. If you wire two batteries in parallel, you add the capacity but the voltage remains the same.

You would need two 3s 4000mAh batteries, wired in series, to obtain a 6s 4000mAh battery, which as Xviper said is recommended for this aircraft.
            Exactly:) Thank's anyway.. Just a side kick.Could this servo horn: https://www.tjdmodels.com/hitec-alum...o%20arm&page=3 '
            Replaced this: Click image for larger version

Name:	gearhorn 2.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	221082
            Aren't the servo rods the same in diameter?

Comment

Update. I didn’t get the Viper. Don’t think i’m ready for edf’s yet. Got the Hobby zone Aeroscout for leaning.

Thank’s for inputs.

Happy holidays.

Comment

Nikom Sounds like a good choice, Nikom. It is better to keep learning until you're comfortable to move into EDFs. The Viper is a popular bird and will be there when you're ready for it.

Comment

I really hope so. Like the plane soooo much:)

Comment

Working...
                  X