• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
    T-CAT I'm still in !
    Awe yayahhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
      F-111 please! I don't see how an F-117 could be aerodynamically stable and still have scale appearance. The full scale was unstable in all axis without a fly-by-wire control system.
      Actually I found LX's F-117 to be very stable in the air. She was just a slow pig is all.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
        F-111 please! I don't see how an F-117 could be aerodynamically stable and still have scale appearance. The full scale was unstable in all axis without a fly-by-wire control system.
        If you put the CG far enough forward, a F-117 with a scale shape and outline can be made to fly.

Years ago, a local modeler built one from scratch that was fairly large and quite scale. Flew very decently.

Remember, the F-16 is also unstable and unflyable in full scale without a fly by wire control system. Yet, a F-16 model can be made to fly great.

Get a good grip on the center of pressure, and balance the model so that you have a stability margin of 5-10% of the mean aerodynamic cord, and nearly anything can be made to fly.

Comment

All please! The F-117 or the SR-71 or the F-111. The B-2 would look great too!

Comment

Another vote for F-111 here. I'd love to see either a single or twin 80mm Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) F-111C air superiority grey. (I'm a bit biased though as I'm an Aussie). It's a sexy, aggressive looking strike aircraft. However, I appreciate the complexities of a wing box that would have to come with it, but it has a shape that I think would be appealing to people, especially those who remember in US service as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X