X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing SU-35 Technical Questions

Hey! So I was curious how the SU35 performs now adays. Since it now has dual 12 blade fans compared to the old 5-6 blade angry bee fans they had from when I remember it. My father had one way back when banana hobby used to carry them and I have considered picking one up from motion for months, i would like to see if anyone of the other diehard Sukhoi owners on here have any advice or tips regarding this bird. I will try my hardest to respond to all responses but if I do not I really appreciate all input!

I’ve had a couple of these. The first one was the original with low blade fans and my current one is the latest gen of this plane. Love it. Flies really nice, even nicer than that new Eflite SU-30.
    There’s a fairly long and extensive thread on the SU-35 here:
    Just pulled the trigger on a gray Su-35. Since I cannot seem to find the official thread on this one, I would appreciate any insights, experience, or advice

Comment

xviper Oh sweet! Well looks like I know my next purchase! Also another question I hope you may be able to answer, I have a spare inrunner and esc out of my crashed f5, is it possible to purchase a 90mm fan assembly and put the 80mm inrunner into it? Or are the motors different sizes. I was going go retrofit it into my v2 F18 that's in the shed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vextren View Post
        xviper Oh sweet! Well looks like I know my next purchase! Also another question I hope you may be able to answer, I have a spare inrunner and esc out of my crashed f5, is it possible to purchase a 90mm fan assembly and put the 80mm inrunner into it? Or are the motors different sizes. I was going go retrofit it into my v2 F18 that's in the shed.
        I happen to have a couple of those 80mm EDF units laying around as well as a 90mm EDF unit from a Freewing jet. Although the motors are very close in diameter, that's where the similarity ends. If you buy a 90mm fan assembly, it must be able to accommodate an inrunner. You can't put an inrunner motor into an outrunner fan unit. The mounting and housing are different. Now, whether or not you can put an 80mm inrunner motor into an inruuner 90mm fan unit, I can't say. I don't have a 90mm inrunner fan unit to check. The other consideration is whether or not an 80mm inrunner motor can safely drive a 90mm fan. The fan may prove to be too much for the motor. It could draw too much amps and burn something up.

Comment

Ah okay, well thank you for sharing your knowledge! I am going to begin to look into it a bit further. We can hope right!

Comment

A10warthog

Today, 12:10 PM
            Ok having issue qith CG , i have a 6s 5000mah 50 c battery in the plane at 150mm its very tail heavy, i stack a 4s 3200mah 30c on top of that to get it CG , now i may not know alot about aircraft rigjt now , but i am a rc car and boat guy so i do understand the legestics of CG with racing its all to the left , but air craft its balance and alittle nose weight, ( correct me if im wrong ) but back ro the stacked batteries for CG , there has to be something im missing

Comment

Originally posted by A10warthog View Post

A10warthog

Today, 12:10 PM
              Ok having issue qith CG , i have a 6s 5000mah 50 c battery in the plane at 150mm its very tail heavy, i stack a 4s 3200mah 30c on top of that to get it CG , now i may not know alot about aircraft rigjt now , but i am a rc car and boat guy so i do understand the legestics of CG with racing its all to the left , but air craft its balance and alittle nose weight, ( correct me if im wrong ) but back ro the stacked batteries for CG , there has to be something im missing
              woahhhh dude. If I were you, read through more of these threads and watch some videos on the mechanics/understanding of RC planes. It's a completely different world (and axis!) from RC cars and boats. If you're just starting out, I wouldn't recommend a cool, sleek jet like the Su-35. Especially one with thrust-vectoring/super maneuverability. Find a nice, easy trainer and work your way up through warbirds or racers and such. If you do have rc plane experience and can fly no problem, then great! As far as CG, you generally don't want to use a battery, as in a crash they can catch fire so you don't want any more battery than you already have, not to mention they get heavy. And when it comes to Cg as well, it's easier to think of weight placement as a lever, with the CG as the fulcrum. I don't know the CG of the Su-35, that can be found in the hobbysquawk thread (or user manual if you'd like), but first things first, find the CG point on the wings, and try to get it to balance there. Since it seems like yours is tail heavy, you're correct to add nose weight, but its beneficial to use as little weight as possible, so back to the lever thing! Applying a larger force closer to the fulcrum is equivalent to applying a smaller force farther away. So instead of using a big, 3200mAh 4S battery closer to the CG, you can use just a couple of ounces of lead weights that lets say that you can put in the nose cone. You can use basically any dense metal as a weight. Lead is a common one, and I'm sure you can find some in shop/online or just ask around too. I hope this helped, and happy flying/clear skies for you, my friend!

Comment

Thank you for your reply, i got alot of feed back on this one , i do fly a trainner jet right now , and i made a rookie mistake measuring CG , thanks so much good flying to you

Comment

Thank you for your reply, i got alot of feed back on this one , i do fly a trainner jet right now , and i made a rookie mistake measuring CG , thanks so much good flying to you
                  More than happy to help! I'm really glad you got help with this one as if there is one thing I learned in this hobby is to make mistakes, learn from them, learn from others, and share your knowledge with the next guy. The RC aircraft community is a great place and there's no better example than hobbysquawk and great people like you who come to learn. You didn't make a mistake measuring CG, in fact, from what you've told me, you know how to measure CG. It's just how you got there was a bit... unorthodox! Again, thank you, and have fun with that Sukhoi! You'll be tearing up the sky in no time :D

Comment

Asking questions and getting feed back has been the meat and potatoes of my flying time

Comment

Asking questions and getting feed back has been the meat and potatoes of my flying time
                      Same here! Been flying for about 8 years and every time I go out to fly, I also come back with more knowledge or a good story. Sometimes both!

Comment

Right on i been flying since october 1 ,lol
                        i just got back from our field , high winds was a trick to land today ,but it sure showed me to stay in the throttle , push through those wind guest

Comment

Working...
                        X