You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Or FlightLine Spitfire MK.IX 1600mm for my second plane ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

If you're looking for something Canadian, check out my F-18 on this You Tube Video: https://youtu.be/JMQTuHvB4yA

Canucks Rule!
    OMG I hate you !!! 😏 Thats exactly what I will have one day !!!

Comment

Yah, it only took 3 weeks to do the 3D cockpit and another 3 weeks to do the paint and graphics. Fortunately we were locked down for the virus and had the time, but painting was difficult and even getting the graphics applied correctly was a pain (not Callie's fault, her graphics are superb) and thank God my wife helped in the application because all I did was complain and swear a lot trying to get them lined up and stuck down on the curves. After finishing, it weighed in at 1.2 pounds over the stock base grey, but it still flies great and I hardly notice the extra weight. This is definitely an F-18 version worth doing, no matter how insane it makes you (I was already tipping the insanity meter so you can't add more water to a fully loaded glass).
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
      X