Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and if you really like it, buy that last one BEFORE you post about it or I may snap it up first. :p

Comment

Good advice! ;)
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

We are gathered here today to celebrate the all too short life of Aros' LX B-2. After installing the twin 64mm 12-blade power system, the first hand toss was unsuccessful falling flat to the ground due to excessive weight and low speed at toss. Second attempt went haywire and she torque rolled into the dirt with spectacular fashion.

To make matters worse my Mobius crapped out on me today so the footage did not survive. :@

The power plant will be transplanted into my LX SR-71 which weighs MUCH less than this fatty McButterPants did.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Sorry to see that Aros. Hopefully eventually freewing will make one that won't have the abundant problems that this one has. On the bright side, the airframe still looks decently fixable. Epoxy on the outer panels and add some carbon spars and it could be made to fly again, if you aren't tired of dealing with this airframe. Also that SR-71 should be ballistic with those fans, can't wait to see it.

Comment

Thanks, yeah she's repairable technically-speaking but I'm at that fatal point where I don't care enough about the airframe anymore to expend the effort. This bird is not meant to be a hand tosser with all the ballast needed in the nose. I agree with you, I would love to see Freewing come out with a superior version with the proper gear. If they did, this could be a fantastic jet.
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I understand that feeling. I got to a similar point with my LX F-4, was just more trouble than it was worth.

Comment

I might buy the kit though...Maybe I will just transplant the power setup into the kit, and get some better gear in her....Ah, the heck with that. Blackbird it is. LOL
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

The joys of owning a lx model... :-S lol

Comment

Run to the relative safety of the SR-71! Good decision. I love the B-2 but yikes LX needs to *listen* and improve several things on their bird otherwise it will continue to wallow in its current kiddie pool in the corner while the rest of the the EDF guys throw a tasty ribs-filled BBQ.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Mine has been good to me most of the time except the times I ran off the runway and it rips off the gear doors :-() BH and GH both sell this bird still which is good news. The bad news is finding a battery that actually fits in this thing. I was using a 5000mah 25c 4s Turnigy battery which it appears that HK no longer sells, finding the right weight and length is a major pain in the rear so I have to measure and compare batteries until I found one that works.. Graphene Turnigy might be a good option for me but somebody must make a battery that fits this bird.
                      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Working...
                      X