You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/7.5 Scale 3D Printed T-2A Buckeye (1550mm Wingspan, 80-90mm EDF)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/7.5 Scale 3D Printed T-2A Buckeye (1550mm Wingspan, 80-90mm EDF)

Here is my latest 3D printed design. The Attack Guppy!

So far 15 flights logged since June. Its a very stable airframe and can get down to a crawl with landing flaps deployed. The fuselage and wings are fairly thick, so its not a speed demon but still lots of fun.

Specifications:
    Wingspan: 1550mm (61 in)
    Length: 1560mm (61.4 in)
    Wing Area:41.23 dm2 (639 in2)
    AUW: 6700g (236 oz)

The plane can be downloaded here:
    https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...e-rc-model-jet

Very interesting ... and IMO cool looking! Nice to see something different, both in choice of materials used and in airframe.

Comment

That is very cool. I love the forgotten jets and the buckeye is one of my favorites next to a Scorpion. Please post more pictures.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Dirty Dee
        Folks like you with your design/3D print skill set are just amazing to me.(and amazing is a very cherished compliment from me because it is so over used and out of context in todays adjective standards )
        I'm guessing that you printed the gear also. Maybe someday I'll get there

Regards,
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

That is awesome, love the Buckeye, I even mentioned it to MRC back when the discussion about what jets we would like to see, maybe sell your design to MRC and they could produce a few foamies or you could start producing them yourself.

Comment

Thanks all!

Part of the fun with 3D printing is being able to make aircraft that are less known/popular. As much as I enjoy scratch building with balsa and foam, the beautify of 3D printing is the repeatability. I already have a second airframe almost finished, and the only time I have spent on it was starting up the various print sessions while the printer toiled away for ~480hrs to make all the components.

OV10 you are correct, the struts are printed as well

Comment

Hello Dee. Great plane. I have a 90 mm edf, ESC, and retracts. What do you charge to print on of the Buckeye for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Banditone View Post
                Hello Dee. Great plane. I have a 90 mm edf, ESC, and retracts. What do you charge to print on of the Buckeye for me?
                Thanks.

Its a pretty involved project with about 500 hours worth of printing and ~20hrs of part prep, Carbon Fiber installation, and gluing. It would be more affordable if you were to buy a printer and print it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                  Thanks all!

Part of the fun with 3D printing is being able to make aircraft that are less known/popular. As much as I enjoy scratch building with balsa and foam, the beautify of 3D printing is the repeatability. I already have a second airframe almost finished, and the only time I have spent on it was starting up the various print sessions while the printer toiled away for ~480hrs to make all the components.

OV10 you are correct, the struts are printed as well
                  Did you use the PLA air light weight pla? Also what printer did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Did you use the PLA air light weight pla? Also what printer did you use?
                    I Use ABS on a prusa MK2S. I use a home Depot cardboard box with a clear Petg window taped on for my enclosure.

Comment

Sharing some pictures another builder sent me

Comment

And here is a maiden video of the T-2 buckeye by a 3rd builder.

Comment

Tandem flight with a ME-262, using a 360 camera

Comment

Very cool. I need to get a new printer for abs use. Mine does it but it's too open and when printing large parts they warp.

Comment

I'm fixing to start work on a 80" wing tomcat. My thoughts are to print some parts along with cutting wood for other parts.

Comment

Hybrid approach is a good solution! Here are some more pictures from another builder, who installed a Turbine. I'll share their youtube video when he uploads the video, but he has some clips visible on his instagram.

Comment

The plans have arrived, looks like I'll be sourcing 125-130mm fans for this F14. Its gonna be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                  X