X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti s LED light replacement.

Hello everyone, a quick question, I’d like to fit some Unilights to replace the standard lights. Does anyone know what wattage or power the current wing lights are in the Avanti. I think I could fit 4w lights in the wings but I just wondered what the standard ones are to make sure It’s noticeably brighter for the money to make it worth it.

Many thanks.
    Tom.

Stock are 1W. Remember that the circuit board cuts the voltage to about 3V that the LED uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Stock are 1W. Remember that the circuit board cuts the voltage to about 3V that the LED uses.
      While I haven't actually pulled the board apart, I believe its simply a current limiting resistor in there.. Different color LEDS need different voltages.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...3e6fb0f02e9c89

IF that is correct, then putting in a higher powered LED but using the same supply from the board won't help much, since the limiting factor will be the current.

Comment

It is a resistor.

Comment

Thank you for the reply’s. I couldn’t find the figure anywhere. Will replace with 4/6w so it should be a good improvement, I will use the Unilight power board and bypass the normal one. Thanks guys for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomling31 View Post
            Thank you for the reply’s. I couldn’t find the figure anywhere. Will replace with 4/6w so it should be a good improvement, I will use the Unilight power board and bypass the normal one. Thanks guys for the help.
            Yes, you need to change the power board too or won't get much improvement.

Comment

Thanks mate, it would be a totally separate unit bypassing the Freewing board.

Comment

Which lights from unilight did you use?

Comment

Working...
                X