X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I maidened my Mig 29 the other day using Spektrum 50c 5000mah lipos. CG was good, but it took the full dead grass runway before lifting off. My Avanti takes 1/2 that. It felt gutless compared to my Avanti. I had to use full throttle for any gain in elevation and most of the throttle just to keep it from losing elevation. About 1 1/2 minutes in, the motors were intermittently cutting out. I landed asap at around 2 min and found both batteries at 10%. I have the Freewing Avanti and love it. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I maidened my Mig 29 the other day using Spektrum 50c 5000mah lipos. CG was good, but it took the full dead grass runway before lifting off. My Avanti takes 1/2 that. It felt gutless compared to my Avanti. I had to use full throttle for any gain in elevation and most of the throttle just to keep it from losing elevation. About 1 1/2 minutes in, the motors were intermittently cutting out. I landed asap at around 2 min and found both batteries at 10%. I have the Freewing Avanti and love it. Any thoughts on what's going on?
        Spektrum LiPos could possibly be THE WORST batteries you can buy for EDF use. A load tested 100C 6000mah, 6s Spektrum only gave 20C. I can just imagine that your 50C is only able to pump out around 10C. For a jet like this, it's simply too anemic. I've flown my Mig off green grass with ChinaHobbyLine 5000's and it had no problem getting up in about 150 feet on 1/2 flaps.
        Your Avanti is a much lighter plane and with fairly big tires for the size/weight. Even if you used the same battery in it, it probably would do much better.

Comment

I'll grab some Glaciers and see how they do.
          Thank you.

Comment

I started flying my MiG with Admiral 6000’s and had no issues, plenty of umph. I’ve now switched to SMC 6200’s and plenty of power and I get just a tad, not much, more flight time out of them.

Comment

Working...
            X