X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Hobby B2 stealth bomber Rudders

I am setting up a B-2 stealth bomber from Banana Hobby (Sky Flight) in my spectrum DX6 transmitter & Spektrum receiver(6 channel). My question is regarding the drag rudders. I’m trying to upload a video but it keeps timing out so I am including 2 photos. My question is,... is this correct? Or is this how they are supposed to operate ? The “airplane type” I selected is elevon for the Wing and “normal” for the tail. The only other choice it allows me to select for the tail is “dual Rudder”. I prefer to keep the 6-channel receiver and not add any more channels.

In case the video is not clear ... when I give it right rudder on my DX 6 transmitter, on the right wing, the rudder splits open to create a yaw to the right. simultaneously on the left wing, the rudder does NOT split open but it moves up as though it were an aileron moving up therefore lowering that wing(as though you would bank to the left). Likewise, when I give it left rudder on my transmitter, left wing splits open which will create a yaw to the left. Simultaneously the rudder on the right wing moves up as though it were an aileron and that wing would lower as though an aircraft would bank to the right.

I'm not sure about loading a video onto this forum, but the best way to do it is to load the video onto something like YouTube and then link it here.
    As for your problem with the drag rudders, I can't specifically help you as I've never owned this plane. Do the instructions not give you any help on how to set these up?
    Have you looked at Pete's video. Freeze it at various points and you'll see how those rudders should work, especially around 3:48. It doesn't look like they work the way your pictures indicate.

You could also ask your questions here: There's an actually B2 thread here, so someone who has it might be able to help you. The thread deals primarily with modding this plane but I'm sure the fellow can answer your question if he's still around.
    Around 2 months ago, I picked up an LX twin 64 B-2 Airframe Kit on sale from Banana. I’ve wanted to give this one a shot for a long time now, and the price was right. However, every time I looked at the model, it looked like a cartoon version of a B-2. The outer wing panels were oversized, and the canopy/engines didn’t look

Comment

Thanks XViper! You are correct that Pete’s video does not show the drag rudders operating as I have described. None of the RC flyers at my local field here in Las Vegas know how to answer my question either. However, just today my neighbor who is an air force drone operator came to the flying field and he was able to explain the drag rudder operation. He explained that my setup is correct and that is exactly how it works on the full scale B-2. So, as soon as I replace the stock cheap plastic tires with foam tires I will try a maiden. Thanks again!

Comment

How where and what type of wheels did you get to replace these ones

Comment

Working...
        X