X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8s power upgrade

I recently bought the Freewing F-22 150A Brushless ESC for 8S Power Systems and installed it. After installation I recalibrated it (radio on, then hooked up the batteries to the airplane then 2 beeps then zero throttle) but am still getting irregular results. When I hook up the 8S batteries (2x 4S 5000mAh) I only get a double beep then a single beep from the ESC. On every other electric plane I have, after plugging in the batteries I get the corresponding number of beeps for each cell battery I’m using. Is this correct? Anyone else experiencing similar results and what did you do to resolve this issue?

Is your throttle trim tab set to the bottom? I would re-bind with the trim down low first. You can also do the binding and then the throttle calibration (bind plug removed) with a single 4s or 6s battery. Once successful, hook up your 8s configuration. If there is a problem now, then you may have a problem with the serial battery adapter. I've just finished my F-22, 8s and not a problem with any of it.

Comment

Will try your recommendations and respond back. Thanks

Comment

So on your set up with 8s are you getting 8 beeps?

Comment

Originally posted by Duke Snyder View Post
          So on your set up with 8s are you getting 8 beeps?
          Yes. But when setting it up, I'll use a 6s battery for simplicity and then I get 6 beeps. Other things to check ........................ ensure all 3 motor wires are fully connected and secure, check to make sure your throttle "servo" is not reversed.

Comment

The beeps on this ESC are a little different. when plugging in an 8s pack you should get one long beep to signify 5, followed by 3 beeps to add up to 8. a 6 cell would give you one long beep followed by one short beep...etc....

I've got two of these ESCs that work this way and it confused me at first. Here's a link to the manual for that particular ESC:

Comment

Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
              The beeps on this ESC are a little different. when plugging in an 8s pack you should get one long beep to signify 5, followed by 3 beeps to add up to 8. a 6 cell would give you one long beep followed by one short beep...etc....

I've got two of these ESCs that work this way and it confused me at first. Here's a link to the manual for that particular ESC:

https://www.rc-castle.com/image/data...C%20manual.pdf
              The man is correct!!

Comment

Working...
              X