Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One quick question? I have everything working but the landing gear? I have a 8 chanel receiver and a 8 chanel tranmiter. Both are Futaba. Want am I missing here?

Comment

You post like we can see your set up. Ch5 is gear, do you have a male to male between your receiver and the gear slot on the mixing board? If you look at the monitor screen on your radio is ch5 moving when you flip the gear switch?

I agree with the others about you not flying but I also think you should get help in assembling the plane, setting it up and programing the radio. Physical help. There is a saying that you don't know what you don't know. Translated, there are a lot of things you don't even know to ask the question about that you could be doing wrong.

Question, what kind of helicopter(s) did you fly?

Comment

I just want too say yes I'm new to this and maybe the F-14 wasn't the best choice to start with but it's the plane of my dreams and just looking for help on learning it and flying her

Comment

I was the same way 50 some years ago with wanting my forts RC plane to be a Fokker DR-1… I had built a lot of free flight and control line planes before and bought a very difficult VK kit. I finally built it on ‘79-80 and took my time. I still have and fly that plane, now electric.

Comment

I'd say hang on to this dream plane and get you a apprentice s, and then see if you can get an instructor to buddy box you on the jet until you get familiar with its tendencies, and I wouldn't sweep the wings until you have a more advanced radio so you can really tune it. It took me a good while to get it how I like it. Lots of trial and error, and almost loosing it in sweep transition because it was so far off. I know a few guys as well as myself have done reinforcement on the landing gear, the way the retracts are setup, there is alot of weight behind the mains and with hard impacts it can split the fuselage, possibly in 2 pieces. I land on really rough grass and the reinforcement was an absolute necessity. Proper flap settings were the key for my landing success with this plane and as it stands, this is my absolute favorite plane to fly hands down now. But as I said, it took me a while to get it to that level where I just feel nice and comfortable flying it. And soon it will be an fpv rig. I just have to get my nerve up to fpv it now.

Comment

Working...
            X