First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever they raised the price $100.

Comment

Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post

Good, but slow. One thing I would recommend is to clear coat it first. The vinyl covering shows every fingerprint. I'm hoping the clear makes them less visible. I got epoxy on it in one spot and was able to carefully remove it with alcohol before it dried.
      I am using Torq CL0508 servos so I cut the servo mounting tabs off of the cover and reglued them to fit. So far all of the hardware has been included and is usable quality. I will replace the control rods with better quality.
      Probably gonna put a Jetfan 110mm in it as the outlet nozzle provided is a bit narrow.
      Im currently in the process of building mine and also purchased the Torq CL0508 servos. What did you end up purchasing for the control rods, and were you able to use the aluminum servo arms that came with the servos?

Comment

I bought Dubro control links and new rods. I am using the metal arms that came with the servo.

Comment

Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post
          I bought Dubro control links and new rods. I am using the metal arms that came with the servo.
          Thank you for the info you dont happen to have a link to the ones you purchased?

Comment

Any suggestions for the landing gear issues with the control module causing interference with the RX? Installed the ring as per the instructions and still having issues. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Plywoodbill View Post
              Any suggestions for the landing gear issues with the control module causing interference with the RX? Installed the ring as per the instructions and still having issues. Any suggestions appreciated.
              My landing gear control module is up front on the tray next to my brake controller. My receiver is up top behind the canopy, and its satellite is a bit forward on the sidewall. Both are well away from the gear control module. I have had no interference issues.
              Any day you can fly is a good day!  :D
              Dave

Comment

I Have tried numerous combinations and I have my control module at the rear of the battery area and my RX at the front. They are about 18" apart. Plenty of distance between them. Think it must be faulty. I have unplugged the module and replaced with a servo, the servo operates fine and no "twitching". Will have to contact Motion about a replacement...
                Appreciate your input.

Comment

What brakes are people using and are the necessary when landing on a paved runway? Where I fly we have a 1200' paved runway.

Comment

Originally posted by jpd424 View Post
                    What brakes are people using and are the necessary when landing on a paved runway? Where I fly we have a 1200' paved runway.
                    I use JP Hobby brakes with 75mm wheels (5mm axles). Note that they will require the grinding of the edges of the trailing link struts so that the brake cylinder will be able to be locked in place. With a 1,200 foot runway, I suppose you wouldn’t require brakes, but our runway is 400 feet and I absolutely have to have them. Something to consider is that you may have the opportunity to fly at another location and so not having brakes may prove detrimental.
                    Any day you can fly is a good day!  :D
                    Dave

Comment

I was thinking of trying to use the closed ducting system that comes with the plane but I have heard stories of the duct work collapsing in on itself. What is the best way to go about reinforcing the ducting so this doesnt happen? Add in xtra formers around the duct work or add more fiberglass or carbon fiber? I was thinking of wrapping them with some carbon fiber yarn / thread to hopefully increase the rigidity of the ducts.

Comment

Had my maiden flight last weekend, The plane flew great. Extremely stable, so stable I forgot to even test out the gyro.

Comment

Working...
                        X