Clear All

• Official Black Horse Viper Jet 2000mm Turbine Discussion Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	viper-jet-2000mm-turbine.jpg
Views:	2156
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	349904

Viper Jet MKII Turbine from Black Horse - Balsa Wood ARF - BHM1008-001

This Black Horse Viper Jet Mk.II [Turbine Version] ARF delivers an ideal balance between size, weight, speed, flight envelope, transportability, cost, and pure fun factor. With modern construction methods, high quality materials, and your provided high performance power system and electronics, this balsa wood aircraft is one of the best performers any RC jet pilot could own. Within a few evenings of installing your provided turbine power system and other required electronics, you'll have a premier turbine-powered balsa jet in your RC hangar that's ready to dominate the skies in style!

High Quality ARF
    Constructed from laser-cut balsa, plywood, carbon fiber, and other high quality materials, the Black Horse Viper Jet Mk.II arrives with a high level of pre-assembly. Every surface is fully sheeted with balsa to provide maximum strength and a professional finish.
    Turbine-Ready
    The model aircraft's fuselage and internal compartments were carefully designed to accommodate your provided turbine, fuel tank, ECU, and other electronics. A steel exhaust pipe is also provided, along with mounting points for modern turbines.
    Included Suspension Struts
    CNC machined aluminum and steel suspension struts feature a robust 5mm diameter axle, 65mm nose wheel, and 75mm main wheels for operating on both paved and grass RC runways. This axle size is readily compatible with modern electric-based and air-based braking systems.
    High Visibility Livery
    Fly a real showstopper with the Viper Jet's striking Carbon/Green livery. Neon green offsets the sleek carbon and black aircraft, enhancing the aircraft's visibility in the sky. LED lighting, clear light bezels, silver accents at the intakes and exhaust nozzle, and muted "Viper Jet" badging elevate this model's livery to something truly unique.
    Molded Canopy and Cockpit
    Peer into the detailed plastic cockpit bay through the molded clear plastic canopy. The plastic parts resist both heat and UV damage, retaining their color and sharpness through many flying seasons.
    High Performance Acrobatic Trainer
    The Viper Jet Mk.II is well regarded for both its nimble and stable flight characteristics. Carefully selected airfoils and construction methods provide a wing that does not stall easily and can sustain high speed flight loads while remaining lightweight. Fly this aircraft as a docile large turbine trainer, or move directly into flying an excitingly wide spectrum of aerobatic maneuvers!
    High Quality Hardware
    Reinforced nylon, steel, and brass hardware provide the best material performance for different jobs. Trusted construction methods and control hardware geometries ensure each servo drives its control surface precisely with minimal efficiency loss.
    All-Around "Daily Driver"
    The Black Horse Viper Jet Mk.II delivers an ideal balance between size, weight, speed, flight envelope, transportability, cost, and pure fun factor. With modern construction methods, high quality materials, and your provided high performance power system and electronics, this aircraft is one of the best performers any RC jet pilot could own.
    Features:
    • Striking "Carbon/Green" livery
    • Fully sheeted with balsa
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • "Turbine-Ready" compartments aid in easy installation process
    • Steel dual wall exhaust pipe
    • LED lighting system
    • Lightweight, strong, laser-cut balsa and plywood construction
    • High quality control hardware
    • Fiberglass and carbon fiber reinforced areas
    • All-Metal suspension struts
    • Wheels with 5mm axle diameter
    • Clear canopy and plastic cockpit bay
    • Straightforward assembly and installation for advanced turbine jet builders
    Includes:
    • Black Horse Viper Jet MKII Turbine-Ready - ARF
    • CNC metal suspension struts
    Requires:
    Customer NoteBlack Horse ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL : 18 and up
    SKILL LEVEL : Expert
    BUILD TIME : 20+ Hours

Model Scale 1:4 Scale
    Wingspan 2000mm / 78.7in
    Length 1820mm / 71.6in
    Weight 9800 - 10500g / 21.6 - 23.1lbs
    CG (Center of Gravity) 184mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System Turbine of sufficient power (see manual) (required)
    Electronic Speed Control Electronic Control Unit (ECU) (required)
    Propeller / EDF N/A
    Servos Electric - 8x 45g standard (required) - we recommend HRC32645S
    Landing Gear Electric retract with controller box (included)
    Required Battery Receiver battery: 2S 7.4V 3200mAh LiPo battery or equivalent (required)
    Required Radio 8+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights Yes
    Hinge Type Nylon Heavy Duty pin hinges
    Material Balsa and plywood
    Skill Level Expert
    Build Time 20+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors

Sir, Can you confirm that electric retracts, struts, wheels and brakes are included as shown in assembly manual.
    Thanks for your time.

Comment

I’m awaiting this answer as well. Looks like from the “ad” that it comes with everything but the brakes. Then, in the build sheet, is shows a brake wire coming out with the retract. Kind of confusing…

Comment

I called Mrc ..The Kit, does not come with any Electronics., i agree too much blah blah on the Ad..not enough helpfull info....like "Recomended Retracts"....or Gas tank??...

Comment

Originally posted by whmc View Post
          Sir, Can you confirm that electric retracts, struts, wheels and brakes are included as shown in assembly manual.
          Thanks for your time.
          It comes with electric retracts and brakes, struts and wheels. We opened a box quick to confirm

Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image (10).png
Views:	1434
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	350345

Comment

Thank you James😀
            While your at it is tank included and is the led light controller/wiring included?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

It comes with electric retracts and brakes, struts and wheels. We opened a box quick to confirm
              Click image for larger version  Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image (10).png Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	350345
              Thank u james for clarifying , i called mrc..and some1 said it has no electronics or gas tank...at least now we know it comes with landing gear and brakes

Comment

Hello mrc, i was reading the manual..it says we need Monokote tools..why?..is this barewood or is it pre-covered?

Comment

Originally posted by spy View Post
                  Hello mrc, i was reading the manual..it says we need Monokote tools..why?..is this barewood or is it pre-covered?
                  It's covered, but having tools to work properly with the covering it always helpful. Like an iron is useful for balsa aircraft to tighten up the covering at times. To assemble this you will need to cut some of the covering in spots etc...

Having the right tools makes any job easier

Comment

Can someone do a unboxing video of this jet? Please show inside the fuselage also. I'm 50|50 on buying this jet.

Comment

U will need a gas tank

Comment

U will need a gas tank
                        I was told a fiberglass gas tank came with it, but no UAT tank. You did not get a gas tank?

Comment

I see the brakes are included, what about the brake controller? Also, you suggest an 80 size turbine. Have you flown one with that size turbine? My 80 size turbine planes come in around 19lbs flying weight. If this comes in at around 23lbs flying weight, wouldn't a 100 size be better?

Comment

Hi, Mine is almost done 1. Standard Servos Do Not Fit..mini size ones Fit 2. The canopy n Cockpit has to be glued together..it is not Easy and a pain because the fit is poor. 3. I got 1 bad main gear motor, Mrc does not hav the parts at the moment ....4. The recommended servo wires are stiill too short..get at least 6" longer than what the manual says. 5.. Tank is unusable the stock tank fitting does not fit the tank...the inner expander is too big for the hole, And is so thin that threads istripped..before even using ...the rubber stopper is extra long. And the tank neck is too long for dubro or sullivan stoppers and has 2 holes side by side..instead of a " Tri"

Comment

Hi, Mine is almost done 1. Standard Servos Do Not Fit..mini size ones Fit 2. The canopy n Cockpit has to be glued together..it is not Easy and a pain because the fit is poor. 3. I got 1 bad main gear motor, Mrc does not hav the parts at the moment ....4. The recommended servo wires are stiill too short..get at least 6" longer than what the manual says. 5.. Tank is unusable the stock tank fitting does not fit the tank...the inner expander is too big for the hole, And is so thin that threads istripped..before even using ...the rubber stopper is extra long. And the tank neck is too long for dubro or sullivan stoppers and has 2 holes side by side..instead of a " Tri"
                              Thanks for letting us know the standard servo does not fit. I have not purchased mine yet. What servo's did you end up using? Thanks for letting us know about the bad gear motor. I'm not building mine jet until winter, but I will pull the retracts out now and check to make sure they work. What size turbine did you put on yours?

Comment

Heres an update...the Servo Tray on my Ailerons are Crooked .its bad.....the Aileron horn is "recessed"..and the rods barely have play.and Rubs on the top part of the hole..it a factory defect...Structural...the
                                Attached Files

Comment

Brake controller for the retracts are included.

Comment

Hello,
                                    I saw this assembly in a test of this plane in a magazine.

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-07-31 à 09.55.06.png
Views:	1163
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	351878

Comment

The supplied pipe is for an 80N engine. The question here is, will this pipe be OK to use with a 100N engine? Does the pipe stick out the back of the fuselage? Mine pipe is to big to go through the hole in the back. The manual just shows pictures and does not tell you anything. Not much info on the web either. Any information on the Jet would be great!

Comment

The pipe has a lip on the tip..i had to dremmel some of the fuselage cone..it will go through...the pipe is Not 80N...its a bit larger. ..u can use up to 120n....., besides the 80n is acceptable but will on the low end of its power to weight ratio....100 will ve better.
                                        ..Note : The Brakes are Very Very Poor. They are JP clones, and the wheels do Not Turn Freely...even when brakes are off.

Comment

Working...
                                        X