X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64mm freewing series of jets

New to the RC jets. Picked up some 64mm 4s jets, the f18 and f16. From what iv seen these are great out the box. Any recomendations of settings when using these jets, and any future worthwhile upgrades ? Not new to warbirds however and love them dearly

You should try to find the threads dedicated to those jets. I'm sure there is much information for you there.

Comment

The F-16 is okay out of the box. The quality is really good and it looks great. To me it has a few things lacking. Truely the only things from a stock perspective are visual, no pilot figure and no instrument panel decal. It's got a rudder that many 64mm don't have.

That said I wanted more from mine. I pulled the 4S power out and put a decent 6S power set up in it. I also didn't like the limitations of the linked aileron to elevator set up so I added the extra servos and now have flaperons and tailerons as well as regular ailerons and elevators. It is one of the smoothest flying planes I own. If it only had some micro light weight retracts.

The new FreeWing 64mm Banshee is looking promising especially with the possibility of coming 6S.

Originally posted by Marcus1642ad View Post
      New to the RC jets. Picked up some 64mm 4s jets, the f18 and f16. From what iv seen these are great out the box. Any recomendations of settings when using these jet, and any future worthwhile upgrades ? Not new to warbirds however and love them dearly

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        The F-16 is okay out of the box. The quality is really good and it looks great. To me it has a few things lacking. Truely the only things from a stock perspective are visual, no pilot figure and no instrument panel decal. It's got a rudder that many 64mm don't have.

That said I wanted more from mine. I pulled the 4S power out and put a decent 6S power set up in it. I also didn't like the limitations of the linked aileron to elevator set up so I added the extra servos and now have flaperons and tailerons as well as regular ailerons and elevators. It is one of the smoothest flying planes I own. If it only had some micro light weight retracts.

The new FreeWing 64mm Banshee is looking promising especially with the possibility of coming 6S.

Nice input Evan ! Appreciated. I'm pretty happy with the basics of yank and bank, as I advance I may get technical like yourself lol on the hunt for some nice gypro/safe revievers aswell as a 6 channel transmitter. Dx6 or 8

Comment

I have the F-16 64mm and love. Did the mod adding elevator servos. No gyro and it is smooth as can be. Belly land in high alpha easy as can be.

Comment

WV, do you have a picture of how you did yours? I bought a second one and I'm positive it will also get elevator servos but always looking for better ways. Here is how I did Home

Did everyone see the new Banshee? Mines on order and I have a 6S set up already waiting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3403.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	356352

Comment

Working...
            X