X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new project

Greetings everone, long-term novice here, new to the forum.

I've been an RC aircraft enthusiast for over 3 decades. My first RC plane in the early 90's was an RTF KB Toys model I ended up destroying within a few weeks by flying head-on into a wall due to a dying battery. Through the years I've gone through a good number of other toy/hobby store "cheapo" aircraft, finally evolving to buying a nitroplanes edf A-10 around 2009. It was under-powered as it came RTF but was extremely fun. Death by bored dog. I'm burned out on the whole quadcopter scene, even FPV, fixed-wing is my thing.

I picked up *another* cheapo off amazon recently, xk a-100 (SU-27 with twin vairable thrust and elevator) 3 channel as a trainer to get back into the game. I've done really good with it, after over 2 dozen flights I've only had a few minor crashes:
    Flipped while landing on a rough surface and catching a strong wind gust (small plane),
    Did a loop-de-loop too low,
    Wasn't able to avoid a tree due to low battery,
    Cheapo landing gear failed and flipped the plane upon landing.
    All issues mostly related to it's small size and flying around my house.

I just ordered the freewing 64mm edf A-10 PNP, I want to build this up as a super-stable park flyer. Could really use advice on which tx/rx, gyro, and batteries are best suited for this. Would really like SAFE or similar function, and 6 channel as I inyend on having operable flaps.

There's probably a thread on the plane here on the squawk but a better one here, NEW Freewing A-10 (twin 64mm) - RC Groups. Looks like 3500 is the popular size.

There are a lot of rules and laws about flying planes now and since this is a larger, faster, etc plane you should find out what ones apply to you...​​

Comment

Working...
    X