Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of channels

Hey Guys,

I'm new to RC planes and this forum. I'm currently building an E-flite Viper 70mm and I'm trying to install a afterburner but I can't Y-harness it to the throttle because the avian smart esc won't allow it. I would have to plug it to a separate channel and do some mixing. My question is, can I Y-harness the BEC to another channel or does it has to be plug to its own channel?​

ASSUMING the receiver is a recent Spektrum with an SRXL2 port at position zero (next to the throttle which is at port CH1) you can plug the Avian into that slot (zero) and it will work. You can then plug your afterburner into port 1 and it will work too. If you look at the receiver you will see that slot zero is labelled "Bind/prog/SRXL2"

Avian has an SRXL2 protocol input, which is why is messes with your afterburner (which doesn't understand SRXL2 coding) when they are Y'd together, and which is why the Avian works in slot zero.

Incidentally, a Viper is not a good plane for someone new to RC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	379.5 KB ID:	398366

Comment

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Ariel A. Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to your inputs, pictures, and ideas. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Ariel A. View Post
          Hey Guys,

I'm new to RC planes and this forum. I'm currently building an E-flite Viper 70mm ​
          Getting back to this:

From the EFlite description of the Viper 70mm:

Skill Level 2 – Some Experience Required

Skill Level 2 aircraft, like this one, are suitable for RC pilots who already have some experience and the skills to assemble, set up, and fly similar class models. And although this BNF Basic version is equipped with AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select that makes it easier to fly than PNP versions, it's not a suitable first-ever RC aircraft for new pilots, a "next step after a trainer" model for low-time RC pilots, or first EDF (Electric Ducted Fan)/jet model for intermediate pilots. You should have the experience and skills necessary to successfully fly simpler EDF models like the E-flite Habu SS (Super Sport) 50mm or 70mm, F-15 Eagle 64mm, and/or higher performance sport models like the V900 and V1200, or warbirds like the 1.2m and 1.5m series models,
          before attempting to fly the Viper 70mm EDF.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
            Ariel A. Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to your inputs, pictures, and ideas. Best, LB
            Thank you Elbee

Comment

Working...
            X