X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREEWING F-22 COOLING TIP

Hey guys, for anyone with a Freewing 64mm F-22 a great fix to keep the battery cool is to cut out the ledge in the back of the cockpit, set your radio down below the existing hole and cut the hole out a good amount to make it bigger. Then drill a couple of small holes in the front of the canopy and the air is sucked right out the tail keeping your battery barley warm..... I took out my pilot but you can keep yours in, I just wanted as much airflow as I could get running the power system I have in mine.

Most people put their radio on that ledge but that will block the original hole so don't put it there. This such a fun little jet and running my Don's Wicked 4S system it runs out around 70mph. With my paint job my AUW with the battery is 2.6 lbs.

Thanks for that sir, just setting mine up now and wondering about placement and lipo cooling here in fl

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion on this plane that will definitely help the battery keep cooler. That color scheme is very neat nice job!

Comment

Thanks Brad....

Comment

I was wondering if I could get a little advice about the F-22 I just ordered a 2550 sell Admiral battery do I place it Forward on the tray or back on the tray and if I made a belly Lander should I take out the front Servo or leave it in thanks Angelo

Comment

Angelo, that 2550 battery is a tight fit but if you make it a belly lander and remove the front servo it will fit. You will need to have the battery moved towards the nose anyway to get your CG correct. Remember the CG marks don't change on the wing so wherever you had the plane flying corrrectly keep the same marks on the wing and adjust the placement of the bigger battery to work with the original CG marks.

Hand tossing that plane plane might not be so easy so rethink making it a belly lander. It would suck throwing it into the ground.

Now if if you want a longer flight time with the bigger battery take the nose gear out and just move it forward about an inch to give you room enough to put the bigger battery in . In either case fitting a 2500 mA battery in that canopy you're going to have to move the battery towards the nose . If you want to help keep the battery cool drill a couple of small holes in the front of the canopy and it will suck air through the canopy and out the back and take a look at my pictures that I put on this page

Comment

Working...
            X