X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 70mm Rebel V2 Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce the release of the Freewing 70mm EDF Rebel V2 Jet. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this aircraft.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Tax money.... I love tax money! So I needed/wanted something new/different. I've felt a little stagnant lately just flying the mini quads, my Radian (hit a boomer thermal last weekend and almost lost it visually), and the good ole reliable Pandora. I flew my son's Freewing Panther last weekend and that got me thinking that maybe I need an EDF plane to grab some excitement. Other than the Panther and my Seagull when I had it in EDF form I have not flown any EDF's. So I watched a bunch of Ryan's vids and thought the Rebel might be one of the few jets that can handle the crappy grass fields we fly off of. It looks like it has a pretty wide speed envelope and gear that can handle some bumps. In short, I bought one and am getting it Monday. Anyone got any thoughts on this plane?
    Lauren

Comment

The reviews on Motions website all are favorable and a couple says it flies off of grass well. Looks like a good EDF to me.

Comment

Thanks! I really hope it does okay on the short grass and dirt tracks cuz that's all I have to fly off of. The field I fly at is a country fairgrounds, not the worlds best surface. :)
        Lauren

Comment

For the money it's one of the best beginner jets out there. Drop full flaps and it floats in like a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
            For the money it's one of the best beginner jets out there. Drop full flaps and it floats in like a trainer.
            That's exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks!!!
            Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
              Tax money.... I love tax money! So I needed/wanted something new/different. I've felt a little stagnant lately just flying the mini quads, my Radian (hit a boomer thermal last weekend and almost lost it visually), and the good ole reliable Pandora. I flew my son's Freewing Panther last weekend and that got me thinking that maybe I need an EDF plane to grab some excitement. Other than the Panther and my Seagull when I had it in EDF form I have not flown any EDF's. So I watched a bunch of Ryan's vids and thought the Rebel might be one of the few jets that can handle the crappy grass fields we fly off of. It looks like it has a pretty wide speed envelope and gear that can handle some bumps. In short, I bought one and am getting it Monday. Anyone got any thoughts on this plane?
              Have you maidened the Rebel Yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post

Have you maidened the Rebel Yet?
                I did! Just today! And you and the others were absolutely right on all fronts. That was probably the best maiden flight I have ever had with any airplane. Three clicks of up elevator is all it needed. It flew great! It tracks so straight although I suspect that is a trait of EDF's? Flew the little Freewing Panther too along with my Freewing Seagull with FPV and my Radian glider. It was a very good day! My birthday too...! LOL!
                Lauren

Comment

coool! post pics when u can.. & Happy Birthday!

Comment

Whatever happened to ya Flygirl? You're missed!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

She hasn't been on since the end of July 2016.
                      Her home town is where I live and she was gonna contact me last summer about flying at my clubs field when she came home for a visit after she retired but nary a peep.
                      Hope she's OK :Hug:
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Me too, I was thinking about her as well and hope she didn't give up on us. She was in a 'discussion' with ol' you know who.(Konrad) last time she posted and we know how he could get.
                        Hopefully, if she's out there, she'll get in touch with us again, sorely missed!!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Any thoughts on flying this plane on 4 cell/ 2200 mah packs? I was thinking I could just add a little weight to bring it up to the 2500 mah or 3000 mah weights. (I have lots of 2200 mah packs already on hand)

Comment

Got my Rebel v2 from MotionRC yesterday and finished assembling it last night. Looking forward to a Maiden flight tomorrow afternoon. I like the size of the plane, a bit bigger and beefier than my other EDFs so I'm hoping it will be more wind resistant and a nice stepping stone to the 80 and 90 mm jets.

Comment

Have about a dozen flights on the Rebel and the decals started to peel off in a couple of areas. So I decided to give the Rebel a different look. Bought the FW F-5 Tiger decals, missiles and plastic nav lights. Shortened the missiles a bit, and installed the F-16 ordinance mounts so they can be easy on and off. Airbrushed camo freehand from web pictures. 3 coats Beacon Hobby Coat to seal decals.
                              I know it's not military scale correct, just tried to give the Rebel some personality

Comment

Nicely done !

Comment

Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
                                  Nicely done !
                                  Thanks, took it out this morning, flew great, even with the missiles.

Comment

I wouldn't recognize it as a rebel either, looking sweet in the air !

Comment

Great job breathing new life into your Freewing Rebel V2! Paint changes everything! I think it looks outstanding.

​​​​​​Is the Beacon Top Coat really that matte? If so, I need to try some. I'm always looking for a good matte decal sealer.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Great job breathing new life into your Freewing Rebel V2! Paint changes everything! I think it looks outstanding.

​​​​​​Is the Beacon Top Coat really that matte? If so, I need to try some. I'm always looking for a good matte decal sealer.
                                        Thank you Alpha. This is my first time using Hobby Coat. Bottle indicates clear semi gloss. It's more of a full gloss. I put 3 coats to get it all even. My paint base coat was gloss enamel and the dark brown was flat. So it took 3 coats to get it all the same sheen. Really have to get real close to see the foam cells. What I really liked is the Krylon white foam primer to allow me to use any type of paints I had on hand.

Comment

Working...
                                        X