X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinger 64 3S launch technique

Among the comunity what is the prefered launch technique for a 3S overhand or underhand. After a dozen or so flights, I seem to have picked up a bad habit using the overhand toss using the finger grips. Aparently I'm hooking down because I keep loosing altitude and crashing or nearly crashing. I'm thinking of trying a left handed underhand toss. Anybody else use that technique?

Re: Stinger 64 3S launch technique

Never mind figured it out.
    Left underhand toss, WOT, Right thumb on Aileron/Elevator stick, holding in a bit of right aileron, up elevator, probably about 30 degree up toss. Climbs straight out with no drama. Works for me.

Comment

gonna have to try that ! how hard of a toss do you give it ?

Comment

I give it a pretty good toss, going into the wind allows you to ease up a bit. Where I fly, I don't always have that option. This technique has been working well for me. I grab the upper (narrow part) of the fuselage near or slightly a head of my CG marks.

Comment

a couple of the older guys where I fly, have been using a catapult to launch their Stingers. man they were launching everytime, no problems. mine doesn't have a hook, so I couldn't try. may look into a catapult <smiley image="smiley_grin.gif"/>

Comment

RE: Stinger 64 3S launch technique

I launch mine at a 45 degree angle at full throttle and into the wind helps

Comment

Working...
            X