Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!! Great Tiger Meet scheme. I like it. If my current Mirage meets its demise, I am in for this one. I installed a gyro per Capt. Mike's video and what a great upgrade for the Mirage. Slow flights now are a breeze. As an added bonus my flight times have increase due to the slow flying that is so much fun.

Comment

Heck yeah that's encouraging to me. I keep seeing all these 3 mins or less post and it makes me want to walk away from edf planes. Especially for how long it takes to charge a large 6s pack. I like a minimum of 5-6 mins on throttle management to land at 3.8 volts per cell. If that's an impossibility with a plane I'm not interested. I want the most air time for the down time charging.

Comment

Please upgrade it's retracts also. The mig21/stinger retracts are much better than the old initial 80mm ones . Looking forward to this mirage .

Comment

Ok. I have my 3d printer up and running! Any info on when the 3d PUP files will available?

Comment

Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post

Any likelihood that there will be a return to an ARF+ for this one?
            Definitely... I miss the 80mm ARF PLUS kits... SO convenient for us modders! :)

Comment

Hi will this be available in the Eu warehouse at the same time as the US.........is there an update on its arrival.....looking forward to seeing a flight review with a hover......

Comment

I just installed the new fan and motor from the a-10 that’s going in the new tiger mirage. Will report after the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                  I just installed the new fan and motor from the a-10 that’s going in the new tiger mirage. Will report after the weekend.
                  O.K., got in one flight before it got too hot and went home. New power system has much higher acceleration the the old one and somewhat higher top speed too. Has a good sound and with the same battery flight time is about the same, think it needs less throttle at cruise for the same speed
                  Will get more flights tomorrow

Comment

Well I'm glad we can talk about this plane now, I received the remains of the North America Tiger Meet demo that went in on maiden (setup issues) and a box of new parts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	144905

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	144910

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.6 KB ID:	144911

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.6 KB ID:	144914

I cut the TM fuselage at the panel line aft of the front wing mount and tried to save the piece where the hatch latch was because it had a small part of the decal on it but I decided to cut it off and just paint that small section of the decal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	144906

Here you see the new fuse which is the original Mirage which thankfully had the same paint scheme.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_06.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	144912

It was strange cutting a perfectly good fuselage into:Scared:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_07.jpg Views:	1 Size:	159.6 KB ID:	144909

The two pieces fit perfectly, even the paint lines were dead on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.9 KB ID:	144907

I used these skewers to aline and strengthen the joint.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_09.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.6 KB ID:	144913

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	144917

Here you can see the small section of decal I had to paint, notice the decal where the fuselage split apart all the way back to the fan:Straight-Face:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_11.jpg Views:	1 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	144908

Here it is finished and ready for it's first flight on manicured grass:Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_12.jpg Views:	1 Size:	391.9 KB ID:	144915

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_13.jpg Views:	1 Size:	439.6 KB ID:	144916

Now for the good stuff, this new setup makes the Mirage one of my all time favorites! The new Tiger Meet livery helps make orientation easy even when it's way out and the new power system is the perfect mix of performance and efficiency. The 9 blade (1900kV motor / 100A ESC) power system makes this one fast and very efficient EDF, I'm getting 4 to 5 minutes on a 6S 4000 battery depending on throttle control.

This plane is much different from any EDF I own and I find it a refreshing change from most of the others, even the Eurofighter and SU-35 with thrust vectoring. The V-2 Mirage will do maneuvers I wouldn't have thought were possible with a non thrust vectoring EDF, it will go from crazy fast to a stand still hover...this thing is just too much fun.

Setup is crucial to get the most from this plane, I started with Alpha's recommended rates and found that I liked it better with less aileron throw and a little more expo (40/40) and (125/40) on the elevator. I'm flying it here at Tirediron Aviation which is a smooth manicured (25-30mm high) grass runway and I've found that it rotates better at the aft end of the recommended CG range (520mm measured from the tail forward).
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Very good write up George. Glad to see it airworthy again. You are a crash repair wizard!

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                        Very good write up George. Glad to see it airworthy again. You are a crash repair wizard!
                        Thanks Steve, they don't call me "Tirediron" for nothing...maybe I should change it to "Wrinkled Foam":Silly:
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

It is just amazing what you can do with pieces of crushed foam. You could be TiredFoam LOL

Comment

Got a chance to take out my version 1.5 today ( new power system, no tiger scheme) and try out some of the high alpha and hover that were in the video. Let me say that it is all obtainable and with gyro on isn’t that hard, had a great time, seeing Alphas’ video gave me the confidence to try all that stuff, knew the plane was capable, thanks Alpha!!

Comment

I have exchanged the original foam nozzle with a 3D printed one and I am experiencing an anoying resonance at mid to 3/4 throttle settings. Has anybody had the same experience and, if yes, what can I do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Walo View Post
                                I have exchanged the original foam nozzle with a 3D printed one and I am experiencing an anoying resonance at mid to 3/4 throttle settings. Has anybody had the same experience and, if yes, what can I do about it?
                                Hi Walo, I didn't observe any resonance with the 3DP nozzle that we designed and flew. Did you print the nozzle yourself? If so, check the inner surface to ensure it's smooth, and that the mating area that transitions between the 3DP and the foam is smooth. Turbulent airflow might be vibrating the nozzle from the inside, in theory causing vibration that would be audible as resonance.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

A really beautiful airplane. But when will we ever see the return of the flight line ready, non-showboat paint scheme? And, while we’re at it, how about a return of the ARF+ ? Are these options simply to be considered dead now?

i bought one of the first-run Mirages a few years back. It got sold shortly afterward, due to situations that just required that move. Now, things have returned to stability and that gorgeous airplane isn’t available any more......at least, not in the scheme originally presented. This Tiger Meet finish (to me) is so awful, garish and unpleasing that purchase isn’t possible. Even if the original finish were available only in PnP, the purchase would be made - but not in this scheme.

Hopefully there will be a return of the standard finish soon - hopefully. The option of the ARF+ would truly be icing on the cake.

C’mon, Alpha, get FW to re-issue a run of these magnificent planes in the formats of the original offerings. Pretty sure they won’t sit on your shelves for long ;)

Comment

This is a beautiful jet! My buddy John maidened my buddy Bill's Tiger Meet a while back and the maiden went well. It is very fast and looks stunning in person.

Comment

I think Bill got spooked by the light posts in the video below. He had been practicing with his other smaller and jets. I think this was just too much jet for him, but has certainly inspired me to want to challenge myself at some point with this powerhouse!

Comment

Here is the video lol

Comment

Oh my.

Comment

Working...
                                          X