X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durafly 1100mm Bf-109E

Is anyone as excited as I am about the release today of the 1.1m Durafly Bf-109E4? From all indications, it's going to be an outstanding aircraft! If it flies as well as the 1.1m Durafly Spit, it'll be spectacular. Available in both Battle of Britain and Desert schemes. Two liveries each. 3S or 4S powered. Retracts. Flaps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	106358.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	114163Click image for larger version  Name:	106358_5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.4 KB ID:	114164Click image for larger version  Name:	128061.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	114165
    Ordered mine a few minutes ago. I'm totally stoked about this aircraft.

If you want one in the this first batch, get 'em while they're hot. I bet that they'll sell out quickly.

---
    From the Hobby King Product Page:

The Messerschmitt Bf-109e was the backbone of the Luftwaffe fighter force during world war 2 and one of the most iconic aircraft of the period. It was one of the most advanced fighters of its day and powerful piece of hardware for the German military war machine. Durafly has accurately reproduced the plane in two stunning schemes. One based on the 1940 Battle of Britain with the menacing "Yellow nose" and the other a 1941 tropical camouflage used in the Desert campaign.

Originally designed by Willy Messerschmitt in the mid-1930’s the Germans constructed over 33,000 Bf-109’s between 1939 – 1945 and they were flown in many theatres of operation. The Bf-109e was a fierce adversary for allied fighters such as the Hawker Hurricane and the legendary Supermarine Spitfire. With its lightweight design, retractable landing gear, destructive 20mm cannons, powerful Daimler-Benz liquid cooled fuel injected inverted V12 the Bf-109e would have made the Luftwaffe pilot feel nearly invincible.

Durafly’s 1100mm Messerschmitt Bf-109e is a fantastic scale rendition of the famous Luftwaffe fighter. The Durafly team has worked extremely hard to bring you the Bf-109e which is undoubtedly the best looking RC Bf-109e ever made. The Durafly Bf-109e has a modest 1100mm wingspan, scale electronic retracting landing gear, scale flaps and a powerful brushless outrunner motor spinning a three-bladed scale propeller. Power is provided by an AeroStar 3736-770KV motor, AeroStar 50A ESC and when combined with a 2200mAh 4S Lipo battery this gives an outstanding performance to this agile WW2 fighter. There is even a fully functional bomb drop system complete with scale bomb.

Willy's masterpiece is a perfect addition to the Durafly range and a fantastic adversary to the Durafly Spitfires.

Features:
    • Superb handling on the ground and in the air
    • Wide flight envelope with stable and scale flight performance
    • Smoothest EPO on the market
    • High scale fidelity and detail. Most scale foam Bf.109 ever produced
    • Water-based, durable and authentically color matched paint
    • Superior vinyl material decals with multiple scheme options
    • Scale working bomb drop system included
    • Extensive use of glass and carbon fibers for low weight/high strength
    • Plug and Fly, simply add Rx and Lipoly battery
    • Quick assembly
    • Pre-installed scale electric retracts
    • Functioning scale flaps
    • Operating pre-installed navigation LED lighting

Specs:
    Wingspan: 1100mm (43.3”)
    Flying Weight: 1300~1400g
    Motor: Aerostar 3736-770KV
    ESC: Aerostar 50A
    Propeller: 11.5x8 3-Blade
    Servo: 7x9g, 2xAilerons, 2xFlap, Elevator, Rudder, Bomb Release
    Battery: 2200mAh 4S LiPo (not supplied)

Requires:
    6~9 Channel TX/RX
    2200mAh 4S LiPo Battery
    Battery Charger
    ---
    Warbirder

I'm pretty excited about this release, even though I may not buy it for a while. If my durafly mustang takes one more bad crash, I'd definitely pick this up sooner and retire the frankie.

I've been wanting the FMS 1400mm BF109 for a while, but the uncertainty of when they will discontinue the airframe makes me wary of picking one up. The durafly warbirds are also a better size for me, as they fit easily in my car and can be flown at the closer (and smaller) airfields near me.

Comment

I'm a Battle of Britain fan. So, the iconic Emil has always been a favorite of mine, even though it was far from the best fighter/interceptor of the war. For the last 6 months or so, I've been pretty heavily into 1.6m and 1.7m warbirds, and loving the handling capabilities of the larger size planes. I'd pretty much told myself that I was going to stop buying 1.1m warbirds, although I knew that I'd get the 1.1m Emil, as soon as it was released. On a whim, a couple months ago, I got a 1.1m Durafly Spit Vb. Holy hell! It is a fantastic warbird. I've been flying the snot out of it and loving every moment. Tom Hunt (the designer of both the DF Spit and the 109Emil) has promised that the 109 will perform as well as the Spit, and probably a bit better, due to the slightly larger scale of the 109. This is probably the one time in my life that I wished that I lived in California, Oregon, or Washington, to be closer to the HK US Warehouse. LOL
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

will buy no more durafly planes great flyers BUT CANNOT GET PARTS and when parts r available thay have to ship from china 3 to 4 weeks got a dura fly p40n retracts no longer available but thay still r selling the planes good luck with them.. my parts get here in 3 days from mrc .. and i am back in the air..

Comment

So............when can we expect the 1500 - 1600mm FlightLine Me 109E I'm wondering. I've asked for this plane or a Buchon for a while, Durafly eh..... Just too danged small otherwise very cool..

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Not interested in a Bochon 109, but would love a Bf-109. 1.5m would probably be the same scale as our 1.6m Spit IX. I think that I'd rather have a 1.6m FW-190D9 than a large 109 though.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

Well....I'm impressed!

I flew the maiden and one additional flight this morning in 5-7 mph wind and this bird was on rails. Performance with a Nano-Tech 4S 2200 pack was excellent, with outstanding vertical! Ground handling was great, though I'd prefer a tighter turning radius. The only issue I encountered was both gear door were rubbing on the tires during taxi. I just bent the doors out before both flights with no drag. I'm planning to add shims to the mount points.

As previously mentioned on RCG, the decals are a pain to apply. Don't attempt to apply with the transfer tape, as the transfer tape will pull off paint...ask me how I know. I found the decals will not stick without heat applied. I placed each decal on the model, made several passes with a Monokote heat gun to warm to it, then rubbed down the decal. They all held up great with no peeling during multiple high speed passes. Also, I had one cracked ball link which I repaired with fiberglass tape, coated with CA. It held up but need to find a replacement.

Bottomline: This model is a must buy for any BF-109 fan!!

Great job Tom Hunt and the Durafly Team. Looking forward to the next warbird...hopefully a new and improved A-1 Skyraider...my favorite early Durafly warbird.

Comment

Maiden Flight.

Comment

WOW, pretty impressive X-P!! When you rolled in the flaps, did it tend to nose up or were you just going for some altitude before deploying??

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks Gross! Just climbing before deployment for a safe margin. Weird things can and have happened, so I take precaution during maidens.

Comment

That looks great I’m hoping MRC comes out with something comparable to this in the near future or maybe can start carrying these they are just my size.

Comment

XPlane, I've been following your flights/posts over on RCG. You're making the wait for my Emil (due on Tuesday) even harder. I loved the 1.1m DF Spit Vb and can't wait to fly my Emil. I hated the decals for my DF Spit and used Callie decals instead. I have Callie decals, including nomenclature, for my Emil. Will model JG26/Galland's plane.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

I have the Durafly Mk V Spitfire and it flies great. Only problem is it’s just too dang small. Once I bought the FlightLine 1600mm I never flew the 1100mm again... Small is just no longer my gig. Seems like every other landing the gear are coming loose to, just to small n fragile for hillbilly hell.
                          Give me a 1600mm FlightLine Bird any day!

Click image for larger version  Name:	3168C7E6-8D46-4D5D-BE4D-2F245CF2421B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	120.9 KB ID:	114845

Comment

We talked to Steve from HK today on the podcast about the BF-109 release.
                            Chatted about the 1700 Spitfire which is coming out soon as well.

http://www.rcafterhours.com/durafly-...rom-hobbyking/
                            Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

Andre, I watched the podcast live and enjoyed it. It was the first time that I've tuned in to RC Afterhours, but plan to catch it much more often.
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

1100mm is TOO small

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                  Andre, I watched the podcast live and enjoyed it. It was the first time that I've tuned in to RC Afterhours, but plan to catch it much more often.
                                  Thank you :)

Comment

Nice model IMO ... added one of these to my hangar, which already includes several Durafly warbirds that have earned a permanent slot. Included graphics will require much patience and a little extra TLC though.

Comment

Dang! You're making the wait for my Emil very difficult. Tomorrow...it'll be here tomorrow...take a deep breath... :Sweating:

I'm a huge BoB and ETO warbird fan. So, of course, I ordered the BoB version. I am really liking the desert scheme, though. I may end up ordering it as well.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                        X