Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Andre', are you actually going to fly your Emil, or just continue to admire it on the shelf?

Next to the 1.1m Spit, the Emil definitely looks too large. It'll look great next to the 1.45m Avios Spit Vb, when it finally hits the street.

---
    Warbirder

Comment

The 109 is 1/9, the spitfire is 1/10. Tom Hunt said this was because they couldn't get the 109 to fly nicely at 1/10, presumably because air doesn't scale down, so they increased the size - its the same scale as the eflite 1.2m series. Its noticeably bigger than the spitfire but it seems like a worthwhile compromise.

I got a similar shot of the emil alongside my repainted/modified mkvb spitfire. Now i just need a BoB spitfire to go with it (i have a bit of an addiction to spits so i have a smashed up airframe from a friend sans electronics which will likely become mk1 N3200) Click image for larger version

Name:	a10679468-141-DSC_0199.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	114961Click image for larger version  Name:	a10681771-111-DSC_0212-2.jpg Views:	5 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	114959
      Attached Files
      Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
      Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
      Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
      Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

Yep. The Hurricane has a 40' wingspan versus 37' for the Spit and Mustang. So, if we wanted exactly 1.9 scale, to match the 1.1m 109E, the Spit would need 1250mm wingspan and the Hurricane would need 1350mm wingspan. But, that's not gonna happen. So, good enough will have to be good enough.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
          So, Andre', are you actually going to fly your Emil, or just continue to admire it on the shelf?

Next to the 1.1m Spit, the Emil definitely looks too large. It'll look great next to the 1.45m Avios Spit Vb, when it finally hits the street.
          Oh I'll fly them. We just have no were to land right now :(
          Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

I finally finished my detailing my 109. I modeled Adolf Galland's late 1940 109E-4. My airbrushing skillz are lacking; so, the mottling is far from great. Here're some photos with the 1.1m (1/10 scale) Durafly Spit Vb and 1.4m (1.9 scale) EFlite Hurricane 25e (I've gotta put a scale prop on it!).
            Click image for larger version

Name:	26189529598_7062dbedac_k.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	364.0 KB
ID:	115736Click image for larger version

Name:	26189532958_bfd168019a_k.jpg
Views:	918
Size:	420.5 KB
ID:	115737Click image for larger version

Name:	40029929992_7ef419e048_k.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	392.9 KB
ID:	115738Click image for larger version

Name:	40029929262_995dcae684_k.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	382.3 KB
ID:	115739
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by andre View Post

Oh I'll fly them. We just have no were to land right now :(
              come on Andre, the Canal is open, that is long and smooth...

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
                will buy no more durafly planes great flyers BUT CANNOT GET PARTS and when parts r available thay have to ship from china 3 to 4 weeks got a dura fly p40n retracts no longer available but thay still r selling the planes good luck with them.. my parts get here in 3 days from mrc .. and i am back in the air..
                I agree with you about the problem with parts availability. I will only buy a Durafly plane is I can order extra props, cowl if it is not part of the fuselage and an extra set of landing gear. In the past I had to wait up to 8 weeks for parts to arrive from China. I know a number of flyers who will not deal with HK because of the long waits if the parts are even available. It is a shame as the new Spitfire is a great little plane, hopefully the new 109 is also of similar quality.

Comment

I still haven't flown my Emil, but I expect it to fly well. The Durafly Spit Vb has impressed the hell out of me and is my favorite 1.1m warbird. I think that I will love the flying characteristics of the Emil, but I doubt that it'll dethrone the Spit (for me). The production quality is outstanding, and the Spit flies exceptionally well. I believe that HK is making an attempt to better stock replacement parts, hopefully in all warehouses. I do buy extra props, and often extra struts. If I have a choice to buy the same warbird from either HK or MRC, I will go MRC, without question. I'd love to see FlightLine release a 1.6m Bf-109E, right after releasing a 1.6m Do-335. :-)
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

I'm on the fence to buy one. :Straight-Face:
                    AMA 424553

Comment

Tomorrow, I will have had it for a week. The weekend weather has been too crappy to fly, and I've been too busy at work to slip away, on the couple of decent flying days that we've had. I'm dying get this plane in the air. If it flies half as well as the DF Spit Vb, it'll be fantastic plane.
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                        I'm on the fence to buy one. :Straight-Face:
                        I came off of it a couple days ago...

TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	116123 I GOT THIS FOR 140$ delivered from banggood cut batt tray upgraded esc jammed a 2500 pro in it and an 11x10 2 blade clocked over 100 mph on stock motor over 75 flights all original servos and retracts still flys great the pic is of my back up i bought 2 had to change livery too many old crow p51s in my hanger a great quality plane

Comment

i know its not a bf 109 but still a deal:)

Comment

I have the 11H Mustang, and love it. I still fly it with the stock power train, for nice scale performance, but I do occasionally wish for a bit more top end speed. I'm not ready to come off the 4-blade prop.

I stripped and repainted my 11H Mustang, to model the American Beagle Squadron Mustang that my friend's father flew.

Name:	IMG_5302.JPG
Views:	898
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	116178
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

The weather finally broke today, and I cut work at lunch to go flying. My grass field was really soggy, but the Emil did great. My hat cam cut off during the take off run; so, I got no video of my maiden flight. And, of course, since there's no video, the take off and landing were picture perfect. They actually were. Really. Scouts honor. ;)

The video below is of my second and third flights (of the four flights that I did today). The Emil is a keeper for sure. In the air, she's a peach to fly, and is very easy to land. I did struggle a bit on the ground. She's extremely sensitive to rudder input, with the long moment arm of the rudder. But, once she started significantly yawing one direction, I had trouble countering the yaw, to get her back straight again. I really had to guess at the correct rudder setting before the wheels started rolling. I didn't do much editing; so, I apologize for the dust-dotiness of video.

I really enjoyed flying this plane; however, it didn't quite dethrone my favorite 1.1m warbird (Durafly Spitfire Vb) from my #1 Favorite 1.1m Warbird spot.

---
                                Warbirder

Comment

Seems that this airplane may be a prime candidate for an A3L. I remember Ryan flying the G model with one in it and he was saying how well it smoothed it out, especially on landings.
                                  Did I hear you increased Expo? I would have decreased the servo travel instead, but that's just me. I look at expo as being the thing that allows my old hands to input a control command without interference, so I'll sit with the plane and pull up elevator and push down elevator and mix my expo until the ailerons don't move as well.
                                  If your rudder is too sensitive, try dialing the travel down a bit. I had to do that with the Avanti ailerons, they were way too sensitive for me.
                                  Just a thought.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

I am flying the Stabilized Diversity 7-channel Lemon receiver. All four flights, I ran it with the stabilization on, very low gains. I fly almost all of my 1.1m warbirds with low-gain stabilization, as it makes them feel like larger planes. Regarding the throws and expo, I like to fly with as much throw as possible, and use expo to soften the response around neutral. I've flown quite a few tail-dragger warbirds and am pretty good with take offs and landings. The combination of long tail (rudder moment arm) and outward canted wheels makes this 109 unusually difficult to handle on the ground. I'm going to check the gear, to see if one of the wheels is toed in tied in or out, which may be further compounding the ground-yaw.

I'm not complaining about the Emil. She's a joy to fly and land. She just needs a little extra love and finesse, to get a good take off roll.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

I figured out why my Emil was pulling so hard to the left. I'd originally thought that it was p-factor. Although p-factor certainly causes a left yaw, I'd found that my left wheel was toed out, which was coupling with the p-factor, to make the plane pull really hard to the left on the ground. Now, that both wheels are straight, I can't wait to get her up in the air again.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

Just thought I'd wake this thread up again. Here are some pics of my weathering detail and "up-scaled" Pilot figure. :)

Comment

Nice. I've been looking around for a better pilot for my Emil, both inside the cockpit and on the transmitter... :-)
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X