Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the WOW Planes B-29 that I haven't even looked at yet. I'd be on board with a FL offering.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      Like I said, I'll take it in any size :). The B-29 is one of my all time favorite airplanes, and I wouldn't miss the chance to have one. I just prefer 1/18 for the sake of the large stash of 1/18 pilot figures I have on hand. I will agree that too small is an issue. I have the Wowplanes B-29 (83" span) and it looks tiny and has some scale issues. Planning on eventually cutting a new wing with a scale airfoil.

:.
      I thought about that too. Cutting new wings. I already decided to make a scratch fuselage.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I wasn’t aware B-29’s were also used as Air Sea Rescue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1B3A62C1-513A-4A0E-898F-591A9837622C.jpeg
Views:	509
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	117232Click image for larger version

Name:	20865915-3E9E-4E5A-9D8C-EBC1A57C0352.jpeg
Views:	480
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	117231

Comment

When you have a versitial airframe like the B29, you put it to work in every way possible :)

Comment

I"m a HUGE B-29 fan and would buy one(or two) no matter the size! (Unless its a micro micros are bad.)

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
              I"m a HUGE B-29 fan and would buy one(or two) no matter the size! (Unless its a micro micros are bad.)
              A 1/16.7 scale is going to be a very large foamie model. That's going to be nearly 8.5 foot wingspan size (see the first post). It's not gonna be anywhere near a "micro".

Comment

I'll still have it beat when I finally get the stuff I need for my 10' n9mb lol. Man I hate being stuck on waiting to purchase parts. :Angry:

Comment

Project Five Eyes...?

Comment

I hope so Project Five Eyes!

I dont know how I have missed this thread. A B-29 the same scale as the B-24 would be awesome. I know anything over 2m is difficult because of the molds and shipping, but I can picture a Center section out to the inboard engines where the 1m wings could attach - maybe giving it a total 2.5m span? As overpowered as the 24 is, I bet the same power system would be just fine on a big 29. If I can’t make it fit in my Altima, I guess I will be getting a new car out of the deal too.

If if it were based on Fifi, I have a feeling I would have heard about it though. I fly the full scale Fifi and Diamond Lil and our media people all know about my RC hobby. A model of Fifi would require CAF approval because of the Fifi TM. I will keep hoping that they are just very dedicated to their NDA or that FLRC picked a different one to model.

At any rate, Fifi arrived at the paint shop on Tuesday. The scheme and markings will be generally the same, but a different shade of silver.

Comment

A B-29 would be great. Bigger would be better. The "hobby slush fund" just keeps on growing as I have stopped buying every new item released. To get me to hit that buy button it's really got to be something on my bucket list.
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                        A B-29 would be great. Bigger would be better. The "hobby slush fund" just keeps on growing as I have stopped buying every new item released. To get me to hit that buy button it's really got to be something on my bucket list.
                        Mike
                        I’m in the same boat. For the longest time I bought everything that caught my eye and am now in the process of thinning that herd out. Something akin to hoarding that becomes a real nuisance when adequate space just runs out. I have a five bedroom house and all the kids are out on their own. Two bedrooms are now hangars with the garage workshop acting as favorite frequent flyer storage. That’s it, no more. I’ve stopped buying small foam birds and have become critical of any more purchases. I’m currently working on a 1/4 scale Waco biplane that’s around 33lbs. I love big stuff and would rather have a few big birds than dozens of unused small ones eating up valuable space. A big B-29 is certainly a purchase I would make at this point.

Comment

I have to be very selective of what I buy, both in terms of available budget and storage space. I also need to be realistic about what makes sense and what I would fly the most. If it is too big, like my 1875mm B-17's, they don't get out very much. To get them down from the garage, disassemble them, load them into my wife's car (won't fit in mine), assemble them at the field, get 7 minutes of flying, and then reverse order to put them away. The results are both planes have become large static models. I can quickly toss just about anything else in my car and head the field. However, that hasn't stopped me from having the B-24 on my short list for next year and a B-29 would be a must have. I would put off the B-24 for the B-29, assuming it isn't too large. Budget constraints are the other issue. With the company I work for constantly downsizing, reorganizing, and bleeding money, spending a lot on RC planes is risky. Thankfully at this point, almost all of my "must-have" planes are in the garage. The only exceptions are a B-29, O-2, and park sized F-14. Those are the planes that I would have to own. A 2000mm B-29 would be about the largest I could handle, and afford. After that, the length would be too big to transport and store.

Comment

DO IT!
                            Please

Comment

I've been looking for a B-29 for the longest time. I would buy one as soon as they came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                DO IT!
                                Please

Ditto!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

I am new to the hobby. I am surprised there wasn’t a smaller scale one of similar size to the b17 and b24. It seems like a no brainer.

not sure about anything bigger than that. Markets, toolup, etc. guys that must have that scratch build them in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not sure it's a no brainer although I'd like to see one. Having passed on the B17 and reluctantly bought the B-24, I'm not sure if I'd get a B-29 now. If you fly from grass, it'll be a "lawn mower" just like the B-24. I'm about to maiden my C-130 and I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be a lawn mower. That aside, for those who are not into bombers, the B-17, 24, and 29 all sort of look the same. From a manufacturer's point of view, a new plane must have unique and wide appeal in order to garner sales and justify all that "front" money. These bombers will all have appeal to those who have some sort of history with each one. That alone, may not be enough to sell in sufficient numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

I’m in the same boat. For the longest time I bought everything that caught my eye and am now in the process of thinning that herd out. Something akin to hoarding that becomes a real nuisance when adequate space just runs out. I have a five bedroom house and all the kids are out on their own. Two bedrooms are now hangars with the garage workshop acting as favorite frequent flyer storage. That’s it, no more. I’ve stopped buying small foam birds and have become critical of any more purchases. I’m currently working on a 1/4 scale Waco biplane that’s around 33lbs. I love big stuff and would rather have a few big birds than dozens of unused small ones eating up valuable space. A big B-29 is certainly a purchase I would make at this point.
                                      I had the opportunity to pick up a B-24 from a club member. He did all the hard work for me. I paid for it but nothing close to what it would have cost me to do it. I'm still in the market for a B-29. Which Waco are you doing?

Mike Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2018.JPG Views:	0 Size:	161.7 KB ID:	203533

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        I'm not sure it's a no brainer although I'd like to see one. Having passed on the B17 and reluctantly bought the B-24, I'm not sure if I'd get a B-29 now. If you fly from grass, it'll be a "lawn mower" just like the B-24. I'm about to maiden my C-130 and I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be a lawn mower. That aside, for those who are not into bombers, the B-17, 24, and 29 all sort of look the same. From a manufacturer's point of view, a new plane must have unique and wide appeal in order to garner sales and justify all that "front" money. These bombers will all have appeal to those who have some sort of history with each one. That alone, may not be enough to sell in sufficient numbers.
                                        The thing about the B-29 is it was so versatile and such a ground breaking air-frame. Click image for larger version

Name:	340534main_E-9_full.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	203536 From WW II thru the early days of space exploration it was a workhorse.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I had the opportunity to pick up a B-24 from a club member. He did all the hard work for me. I paid for it but nothing close to what it would have cost me to do it. I'm still in the market for a B-29. Which Waco are you doing?

Mike Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2018.JPG Views:	0 Size:	161.7 KB ID:	203533

That is is a good looking paint scheme. I remember the strawberry bitch from my scale modeling days.

Comment

Working...
                                          X