X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkzone F4F Wildcat's are back !!!!

I was out with a fellow club member the other day and I was flying my old Parkzone Wildcat kind of hard and I said I better take it easy because they haven't made this in years and I can't get parts if I crash it..
    Well today something told me to go Parkzone's website to look for parts for another plane when my jaw dropped.
    The Wildat is back, but now with an AS3X receiver and safe technology.... For $149.99 BNF and all parts are available again.
    Finally Horizon Hobby is doing something right and hopefully their bringing back more of the park flyers that so many people have... :)

Our selection of ParkZone products is quality built and designed for maximum fun. Check out all the remote control products online at Horizon Hobby!

I found that out Friday and have one on the way.:)
    AMA 424553

Comment

I loved that one and the old gunfighter

Comment

That’s great I loved the old Gunfighter and was going to get this one but they discontinued before I got around to it. I’m definitely getting it this time hopefully they extend the line these are a lot of fun.

Comment

I agree. They were always the go to planes for the toss in the car head to the park kinda days. :)

Comment

I have two of those. Both are hopped up with motors n esc’s from bigger PZ warbirds and run the PZ Me109 prop. Fast with unlimited vertical, this little bird has great slow flight characteristics to! One of my buddies calls it the football with wings. I have hundreds of flights on the blue one as it can always squeeze in somewhere on trips to the park! The North Atlantic one was put together from other wrecked parts given to me. Great little bird!

Click image for larger version

Name:	455BFB5E-46CE-4CF0-948B-5DA226D01E95.jpeg
Views:	1413
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	116166Click image for larger version

Name:	62CA2F69-D132-4933-AA55-8B47D7D7E5CB.jpeg
Views:	1202
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	116167

Comment

You just can't go wrong with them. The fun factor is through the roof!

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                I have two of those. Both are hopped up with motors n esc’s from bigger PZ warbirds and run the PZ Me109 prop. Fast with unlimited vertical, this little bird has great slow flight characteristics to! One of my buddies calls it the football with wings. I have hundreds of flights on the blue one as it can always squeeze in somewhere on trips to the park! The North Atlantic one was put together from other wrecked parts given to me. Great little bird!

Name:	455BFB5E-46CE-4CF0-948B-5DA226D01E95.jpeg
Views:	1413
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	116166Click image for larger version

Name:	62CA2F69-D132-4933-AA55-8B47D7D7E5CB.jpeg
Views:	1202
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	116167
                What three blade are you using? R.
                AMA 424553

Comment

At one time I had all the PZ airplanes, all of them were upgraded, ran bigger motors/esc’s, and used the PZ Bf 109 10.6 x 7.8 - 3 blade prop because it’s a ripper.
                  The smaller PZ Wildcat and Mustang were upgraded to15 size motors with 30amp esc’s. Be careful hand launching and use around 2/3 throttle as the model will torque hard left at full throttle!
                  They climb like a homesick angel with this combo.

Name:	08DA9A9C-DEEC-48AF-B00D-76F9DE5C6901.jpeg
Views:	1141
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	116224Click image for larger version

Name:	7E07F683-A538-422E-A174-1581D95E3177.jpeg
Views:	1122
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	116225

Comment

Thanks, I got my plane today, I got the kit version because I have most of the electronics but going to put a power 10 in front and want three blade pull. R.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

Actually, 2 blade is more efficient and gives a larger diameter which equates to more static thrust. (more pull at any time you are looking for pure thrust like hovers and accelerating straight up)

3 blade (or more) is for appearance mostly on our models.

The reason for more than 2 blades on full scale is to get the blade area into limited diameter to attempt to make use of the full HP capability of the engine, and to prevent the tips from breaking Mach 1 which would damage most propellers.

We generally run smaller than scale diameter when putting a 2 blade prop on a fighter that would have had 4 blades for the full scale aircraft.

We can purposefully use an oversize motor and control rpm (and max airspeed) by selecting voltage and thus drive the scale 3 and 4 blade props, but then we do what I am doing with a Top Flite B-17. Sticking in Power 60 motors where a power 32 would be enough to fly the plane.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Nice plane ,I to have an old PKZ flyer ,it had the old 5 wire Rec. & servo set up ,soon I will have it going !...:Cool:

Good to see them putting out for the demand product!

Comment

The Bf-109 three blade has flex to it and oddly enough acts like a constant speed prop.
                          Strange as it may sound, if you can find one, give it a try.
                          I definitely don’t use it for looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                            The Bf-109 three blade has flex to it and oddly enough acts like a constant speed prop.
                            Strange as it may sound, if you can find one, give it a try.
                            I definitely don’t use it for looks.
                            The old white nylon props would flex also. Flying Control Lie you could watch the prop "Cone forward" when pulling high G maneuvers that slowed the model.

That's not the only way to get a prop with that characteristic. Brodak makes a newer version white nylon prop that doesn't go brittle with age like the old Top Flite props.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Enough with the belly-landers! Can we get some big scale warbirds, please? This would be a totally bad@$$ plane in 1500-1600mm and 6S. Yeesh!

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing. Belly-landers are a deal breaker for me. The size does not seem bad as the real F4F was a small plane anyways but I rather pay a litter more for some semi scale retracts.

This gear is from the BlizRCWorks model. I wonder if it might work on the Parkzone model after some modifications.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pr163696img11.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	116377Click image for larger version  Name:	pr163696img17.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	116378

Comment

I think y’all are missing the whole point of these planes they are simple cheap small park flyers not large all out scale birds with all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Your talking about a major mod. Might be a little heavy too.

Woody

Comment

Why not just a buy a BlizRCWorks F4F? You can just buy a kit then pick the servos, motor, ESC you put in. You do need to order the landing gear control board since it was not included with the kit. I ordered a PNP one myself but if I had more free time I wouldn't mind buying a kit one. I would not mind a Parkzone F4F since I just though in the back seat of my car fly flew LiPOs before work.

Comment

Yeah these aren't for the scale modeler, these are more for the hard core flyer who might just want to get a flight in at lunch or after work... also good when you only have a 30 ft patch to land on without a runway. Also you don't have to worry about taking time to put wings on these are no fuss planes. Toss and go. Pretty much the best thing for this time of year when you may only have 15 mins after work to get a flight in before dark in the front yard or if the space is there, right out of the office parking lot. These type planes definitely have their place. And not everyone has room for a 1.6+M plane in their vehicle. So yeah those are the reasons I would want one... not to mention you can take more chances with them since they aren't the nice scale models or are they tons of money if you wreck'em. Win win in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                        X