Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the size is perfect for this plane. I just wish it had some sort of basic landing gear for when I am not at the park. Belly landing on anything else except grass will eventually mess up the underside. I guess I could rig something up if I really wanted to.
    But I do like the rest of its simplicity

By the way I don't trust BlizRCWorks quality and will never buy an airplane from BH. Spare parts for a project maybe.

Comment

One thing you might could do is take a soda bottle and heat it to shape on the bottom of the plane. It would be a cheap little sheild to protect the belly from rash.

Comment

These were definitely made as a notch above UMX, throw it into any vehicle, go to a park, let it rip! With a bigger motor the fun meter is at the top of the arc. Mine hangs on a coat hanger in the garage, ready at a moments notice. The PZ Mustang which I also own fit the same nitch. It is even more stable than the Wildcat, the best flying of the two!

Click image for larger version

Name:	60AB4FF4-6303-4DDD-8CE7-0BC85945DE78.jpeg
Views:	732
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	116412

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
          I think y’all are missing the whole point of these planes they are simple cheap small park flyers not large all out scale birds with all the bells and whistles.
          Exactly, these are fun little planes especially with a motor and ESC upgrade!
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I have always had a blast with this plane in its stock set up.... If you get it way up there with the stock prop on the Wildcat or Gunslinger P-51, they make a wicked howling noise in a full speed dive.
            These planes are a blast when you don't have a runway or it's wintertime and you have snow on the ground that would keep your bigger planes with landing gear grounded,
            It's great to go get a flight or two in at lunch out behind my work.... I couldn't do that if it had landing gear, especially this time of year in Ohio....

Comment

I spent the day going over Gunfighter, it’s gotta have way over 300 Flights on it. I did the rudder mod when it was new, had to slip a ca hinge into the rudder at the horn location. The stab is also modified with three pieces of carbon fiber. Stock, the stab will fold up at high speed. Witnessed my buddy’s stab break at 100 mph destroying his Mustang in the resulting crash. Nose is opened up for airflow and a 4s battery. It’s right up around 100mph, still lands on a dime, and slow flights very well. Hands down best bang for the buck hand toss belly whopper around. Complete replacement airframes are available on EBay...

Click image for larger version  Name:	AA851CE4-A60E-48FA-A76A-E60F63CA63E4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	146.6 KB ID:	117229Click image for larger version  Name:	EB8ABA67-9A8A-4612-901B-C462B9978A00.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	133.8 KB ID:	117228Click image for larger version  Name:	B0553802-B9BC-4213-B53A-326392B1E9E1.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	117227

Comment

Such a good looking little plane even still

Comment

Not surprising that folks would be fondly remembering the old PZ P-51D "Gunfighter" whenever the Wildcat is brought up...the P-51D and the Wildcat were contemporaries and were both excellent park flyers for sure!

I actually JUST found an old PZ P-51D sitting in a storage unit in Las Vegas!

Here's the story of how I found it and the maiden flight...at least it was the maiden for me!

Enjoy !

Comment

^ain't they Awesome! I love mine!

Comment

The real gunfighter

Comment

Still available on EBay...
                        New old stock airframes, includes the rudder pushrod for the mod.
                        Picked up a new one last week so I have a spare as I still regularly fly this bird...

Click image for larger version

Name:	B5D0163B-2369-4F9A-BED4-57132761DA68.jpeg
Views:	729
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	119374

Comment

Here's the F4F Wildcat 1.0m in action last weekend....I'M PUMPED!!!

This plane FLAT OUT ROCKS!!!

Comment

Here's a quick look at what's inside the box of the newly revamped F4F Wildcat 1.0m...

Comment

I purchased this airplane several years ago. During the maiden flight, the flimsy cowl shattered immediately. I replaced it but for some reason, it got placed in the back of my closet and I did not see it again until I moved. It was in storage for a time and just last week I grabbed it and took it to the flying field. I had replaced the Spektrum Rx with a Lemon with gyro. It flew like a champ. This will now be one of my go-to airplanes. I only flew it with a 1300 mah lipo. I am anxious to try her again with one of my 2200 lipos. I should probably order another before they decide to discontinue it again. My next project will be the FMS Waco. It is small enough that I believe I will be able to hand launch it just like my Wildcat. The majority of my airplanes are tail draggers but my flying field is far too rough for take off or landing.

Comment

Picked one of the up recently, the new one with the bigger ESC. Does anyone know of a 3-blade prop that is pretty much drop-in? I don't really want to start changing motors and ESC's...

Thanks!
                                I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  The real gunfighter
                                  I used to help the pyro team at Wings Over Houston airshows... I was on taxiway Charlie and got some up close pics of Gunfighter!! Front row seat for sure :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by FLTRI View Post
                                    Picked one of the up recently, the new one with the bigger ESC. Does anyone know of a 3-blade prop that is pretty much drop-in? I don't really want to start changing motors and ESC's...

Thanks!
                                    Basic rule of thumb for a 10,000 rpm prop near 10 inch diameter: Swap 1 inch pitch and 1 inch diameter for the extra blade. So, the 9X6 2-blade would move to a 8X5 3-blade.

To get more accurate, you need to do wattmeter tests.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I used to help the pyro team at Wings Over Houston airshows... I was on taxiway Charlie and got some up close pics of Gunfighter!! Front row seat for sure :Cool:
                                      Did you do the Tora show or the main I did that pyro a couple times with the Davenport guys

Comment

Did the entire show each year. Before that, we did the re-enactment of the WWII Pearl Harbor ground troops for Tora... Lot of fun!!!

Comment

I'm gonna try to get back there this year, i miss it

Comment

Working...
                                          X