Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dynam bf110 version 2?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynam bf110 version 2?

I noticed banggood is selling a v2 of the dynam bf110, I msg mrc about it and they said they have not heard anything about it. I do like that they changed the color . that light blue was bad . I cant tell if the battery is still stuffed in the front nose or if it has a hatch this time around. if it has a hatch this time around and if motion sells them I would be all over that.

V2 is just a color change from what I was told. The ESC might be Skylord which is suppose to be an improvement.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

that's a bummer, I was hoping they moved the battery to a fuse hatch , and not from the nose cone area.

Comment

Why not just modify it and cut a top hatch? I did a search to see if it has done before and sure enough it has. Check out this like to see how it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
          that's a bummer, I was hoping they moved the battery to a fuse hatch , and not from the nose cone area.
          I like the lipo in the nose, I used a bigger lipo and had to some cutting but it worked out great

Comment

I was looking for an official Dynam Bf110 thread but didn't see one. I got one of the bf110's that Motion had on the scratch & dent sale. I have always wanted a 110 but couldn't stand the stock paint on the Dynam plane, but since the scratch & dent plane was going to have to be repainted anyway I went for it. I've upgraded a bit more than just paint though. I upgraded the stock ESC's and relocated them under the wing radiators. I 3d printed some new radiators to house them. I also replaced a couple of servos which were buzzing, and modded the battery compartment to fit the Admiral 4cell 3000's. The maiden flight and second flight went well. She flew great with little trim although is suspect I'm a little nose heavy. After two back to back flights the ECS in the wing were cool to touch. The only issue I had was something twerked the landing gear on the second landing and the gear now gets stuck about 1/2 way up. I noticed the were kind of finicky to start with and would bind up with the gear door sometimes. I will dig into it and see what the issue is. Here are a few pictures of the repaint, Markings by Callie graphics ofcourse.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1856.JPG
Views:	1043
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	146647Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1857.JPG
Views:	1060
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	146644Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1854.JPG
Views:	929
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	146645Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1850.JPG
Views:	1057
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	146646

Comment

That looks very nice

Comment

I like it too.
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                  I was looking for an official Dynam Bf110 thread but didn't see one. I got one of the bf110's that Motion had on the scratch & dent sale. I have always wanted a 110 but couldn't stand the stock paint on the Dynam plane, but since the scratch & dent plane was going to have to be repainted anyway I went for it. I've upgraded a bit more than just paint though. I upgraded the stock ESC's and relocated them under the wing radiators. I 3d printed some new radiators to house them. I also replaced a couple of servos which were buzzing, and modded the battery compartment to fit the Admiral 4cell 3000's. The maiden flight and second flight went well. She flew great with little trim although is suspect I'm a little nose heavy. After two back to back flights the ECS in the wing were cool to touch. The only issue I had was something twerked the landing gear on the second landing and the gear now gets stuck about 1/2 way up. I noticed the were kind of finicky to start with and would bind up with the gear door sometimes. I will dig into it and see what the issue is. Here are a few pictures of the repaint, Markings by Callie graphics ofcourse.

Hi Tim, nice job on the BF110-very impressed! Any chance you would be prepared to show your mods a bit closer (what you did to get a 4000mak lipo in, these 3D printed radiators and their location, and maybe even share the STL to print them up?). I have a Dynam BF110 I'm yet to assemble so it would be good to get a heads up on what you did and how you did it. Also I have the ME262 and I have been thinking about ESC's in the wing in that too hence my interest in STL files. Thanks in advance mate, love the paint scheme too????????

Comment

Wow that looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Builda View Post

Hi Tim, nice job on the BF110-very impressed! Any chance you would be prepared to show your mods a bit closer (what you did to get a 4000mak lipo in, these 3D printed radiators and their location, and maybe even share the STL to print them up?). I have a Dynam BF110 I'm yet to assemble so it would be good to get a heads up on what you did and how you did it. Also I have the ME262 and I have been thinking about ESC's in the wing in that too hence my interest in STL files. Thanks in advance mate, love the paint scheme too????????
                      Thanks. I will get some detail pictures of my mods and post them here. I only got a 4c 3000ma Admiral in it and just had to shave a little off the plastic battery hatch piece and remove a little foam to allow the battery to extend into the cockpit space.

Comment

Nice job Tim!

I've had my eye on one of these for a while. Seeing this model was like a breath of fresh air, seems like HS has been pretty focused on Corsair's, and F-22's of late.

It's nice to see some one that appreciates Dynam for what they are, good models for an exceptional price point. Trust me, I've had my personal fits with their products, but the end result is almost always the same. If you put the time in, you usually end up with an exceptionally nice model. You might consider installing a set of E-flight retracts in that beautiful bird. Looks to me like it would be worth it mate. Not to cheap though, but you'll be glad you did.

I've been working on and off all weekend on my, "Durafly BF-109 E4". First German model I've own since my, "Cox Stuka" when I was 9 years old. This Durafly model in regards to quality is second to non in the industry. I actually love these things, every thing fits like a glove, excellent decal set. It's been a true pleasure to assemble. It's not a gargantuan model though, only 1100mm. Posted a pic, sorry about the crappy quality, my forward facing cell phone cam has issues.

But I may have to get one of these Dynam's I just love what you've done with it.

Best Regards
                        Woody

Comment

The retract mechanism seem to be holding up fine, the issue is with the gear doors. The gear legs have two plastic stand offs that push the door open when down. If they are not perfectly aligned then they can hang up. If it hangs up I can cycle the gear a couple of times and they will extend. it makes gear check passes a must with this one. Its only been a issue on one flight but I have had them stick on the bench a couple times. My only big issue with Dynam is the absolutely horrible paint job they put on their German planes. I understand that German camo would be difficult to do in a factory setting but the Bf-110 isn't even close.

Comment

Thanks. I will get some detail pictures of my mods and post them here. I only got a 4c 3000ma Admiral in it and just had to shave a little off the plastic battery hatch piece and remove a little foam to allow the battery to extend into the cockpit space.
                            Thanks mate. Any help and advice/Ste files/photos etc greatly appreciated

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, Here are a couple of pictures of my Radiator cover replacements with the ESC in the wing. I cut out a spot in the wing foam for the ESC and routed the wires through the wheel well. The 3D printed radiators sit in the same slots that the foam ones did but allow air flow over the ESC. I also replaced both of me ESC's as I didn't trust the stock ones. I uploaded the STL file to Thingiverse if anyone wants it. You will need to print two, one of which is mirrored. Most slicers will allow you to mirror a model in the slicer.
                              This a radiator cover to replace the foam ones on the Dynam Bf110. You will need to print one as is and then mirror it for the other wing.

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, Here are a couple of pictures of my Radiator cover replacements with the ESC in the wing. I cut out a spot in the wing foam for the ESC and routed the wires through the wheel well. The 3D printed radiators sit in the same slots that the foam ones did but allow air flow over the ESC. I also replaced both of me ESC's as I didn't trust the stock ones. I uploaded the STL file to Thingiverse if anyone wants it. You will need to print two, one of which is mirrored. Most slicers will allow you to mirror a model in the slicer.
                                This a radiator cover to replace the foam ones on the Dynam Bf110. You will need to print one as is and then mirror it for the other wing.
                                Hi Tim, thanks for all that-really tidy job you have done there, I'm definitely going to make sure to do that one. I'm yet to unbox my one and make a start on it-so next question I have is power-does this plane have plenty or is it lacking and deserving of a motor swap??

Comment

Here is a link to the video of my maiden flight. Its not a speedster but if has enough power for scale flight and maneuvers. Rolls, loops, and the sort. It does well off of grass. In the video, right at the end of my landing roll out the tail wheel popped off the axel. I replaced the little plastic retainer with a wheel coller after that and have not issues since. It is a nice plane overall.

Comment

Here is a link to the video of my maiden flight. Its not a speedster but if has enough power for scale flight and maneuvers. Rolls, loops, and the sort. It does well off of grass. In the video, right at the end of my landing roll out the tail wheel popped off the axel. I replaced the little plastic retainer with a wheel coller after that and have not issues since. It is a nice plane overall.
                                    Definitely looks like it has plenty of power-the Dynam C47 is the the same in that it's surprisingly not underpowered-not a rocket ship but more than enough to keep you entertained. I've had that same issue with the tail wheels popping off-I resorted to heatshrink tube and some foam tac and so far I've had no issues-the collar is definitely a good idea though I just never have them when I need them. I like the V2 paint scheme too-my V1 is ok but yea, the V2 looks good-not a plane for a grey sky though. I've been busy rectifying "manufacturing defects" with my B26 lately so I've still not had time to get my Bf110 out and built. I've had some issues in the past with Dynam QC but my B26 has been "something else"! I got it direct from Dynam (long story) and I've been having a seemingly pointless argument over the state it left the factory in. If I had paid full price for it I would be a lot more hacked off than I am now. Anyway soon as I can get that' finished the Bf110 is on the bench. I've got too many kits here to choose from at the moment-the one thing I do know is my FMS F7F (silver) won't be getting taken out the box until I have some decent storage system for it! I've got 5 Dynam birds (including the B26 I'm working on) to build-I've already bought some upgrades for the ones I know will need them-am still trying to decide on the Me262 EDF units-do I go 12 blade or not? I may just fly it first. That needs ESC cooling in the wings too ideally-oh man I have way to many projects lol

Comment

I was very excited to finally have a bf110. Overall I like it. And that's my problem. I should love this aircraft. Had a lot of issues with it. Nose sticker was not even on the aircraft when I got it. Directions to build it are so far incorrect that I tossed them. Now it flies fantastic. This aircraft has a lot of lift. Flies scale like if you throttle it back a bit. I had to add 4oz. Of lead to the nose to balance it. Now I had to land. So the gear that were on my aircraft had been wrong and installed wrong. The notch on the gear leg to lock it down was in the wrong place. So when I landed the wheels turned 90 deg and it slammed its face into the ground and flipped over. Took it apart and found the gear issue. New gear ordered and they are corrtly cut. New props as well.
                                      Here is a pic. It looks very nice. It flies great.

Comment

Working...
                                      X