X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon hobby shipping practices

Anyone notice how crazy they are? I mean they have to be loosing money when you hit the free shipping price point with items. They ship every individual item separately. Like props in one shipment a landing gear set in another and a cowling in a third and a plane on it's own all with their own separate tracking numbers. Isn't that a poor way to do things if you're trying to make money?

Yeah doesn’t seem very cost effective but it’s possible they ship from many different warehouses. Maybe they just have money to burn.

Comment

They get a volume shipping deal that we consumers never will, there was a write-up about how it all works on here or RCG.
      AMA 424553

Comment

That was my other thought, as all my stuff came through Illinois. Still just seems like a strange practice.

Comment

I know , same with that giant gorilla in the corner Amazon ... So many times i get some tiny item in a huge box . seems no pinching pennies on shipping over there also is working for them

Comment

With the take over of Hobbieco( Tower) They have many buildings from which to ship from. Not by choice right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
              With the take over of Hobbieco( Tower) They have many buildings from which to ship from. Not by choice right now.
              I wonder how long before clicking for Tower sends you to Horizon, just like Force RC.

Comment

I'm sure itll be by the end of 19

Comment

Lol this takes the cake right here... what did the FedEx guy deliver today from horizon? An empty box complete with packing slip and little flyer insert. Horizon needs to fire a warehouse manager.

Comment

An empty box?!? Any signs of tampering in transit? I've never seen that before, what an oddity!
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

No on the packing slip all it had was flyer insert. Weirdest thing I ever seen. I dug around with gloves looking for ricen or explosives.

Comment

I had problems with UPS for years.

One order from Tower had to be rejected and re-shipped 5 times.

First time I got an opened, shredded, empty box. (I met driver at the door.. and he hands me a mangled empty box...)
                        Next 3 were crushed so badly I sent them back unopened
                        Last one rejected had tire tracks from the truck.

They wonder why I demand signature required on EVERYTHING and I call in a complaint every time the driver doesn't wait long enough for me to open the door when I am normally sitting 5 ft from the door when expecting a box..

I used to have a website named: "Unlimited Package Smashing" with pictures of the mangled boxes.
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Holy crap thats nasty! :(

Comment

Tower has charged about $3.00 shipping for so little as one propeller. I just saw that they now charge $10.00!!!! Looks like MRC is all that's left. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                              Tower has charged about $3.00 shipping for so little as one propeller. I just saw that they now charge $10.00!!!! Looks like MRC is all that's left. Doc
                              They've been assimilated by Horizon, and I expect soon that when you click on Tower, you'll be re-routed to Horizon, just like Force RC.

Comment

Might be, since the products are being crossed linked on both sites.

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                                  Tower has charged about $3.00 shipping for so little as one propeller. I just saw that they now charge $10.00!!! Looks like MRC is all that's left. Doc
                                  Club member Shipping deals and " Parts Saver " shipping are $1.99 over at Tower

Comment

I didn't see that. I'll check again. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Lol this takes the cake right here... what did the FedEx guy deliver today from horizon? An empty box complete with packing slip and little flyer insert. Horizon needs to fire a warehouse manager.
                                      My buddy got the same box with nothing but a flier in it and the same packing slip. He ordered some spare parts and got two shipping notifications. When they both arrived, one had the parts, the other just had the flier.

And now, I have some spare parts on the way from HH and I got two shipping notifications as well. Wonder if I am gonna get an empty box too!

Comment

That was the strangest thing ive ever seen. Totally defys logic

Comment

Working...
                                        X