Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running out of room in the hangar

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely. My boxes go into recycling as soon as there is room in the bin. Likewise with the foam packaging - I get about half a planes worth into the garbage every week lol.

Recently set up some shelves for my larger jets, which resulted in a reasonably space-efficient solution. Hand tossers and prop planes hang from garment racks. Stuffed if I know what to do with the AL37 though, guess it's a feature plane 🤷‍♂️

Comment

[QUOTE=mshagg;n234499]Lovely. My boxes go into recycling as soon as there is room in the bin. Likewise with the foam packaging - I get about half a planes worth into the garbage every week lol.

Recently set up some shelves for my larger jets, which resulted in a reasonably space-efficient solution. Hand tossers and prop planes hang from garment racks. Stuffed if I know what to do with the AL37 though, guess it's a feature plane 🤷‍♂️

With the room you have you can make the shelf system I did in post # three, because the roof in my room angled I could only get 11 on the rack.
      AMA 424553

Comment

I've been storing my planes (all foamies) on three 4x8 braced plywood sheets supported at corners with 2x4s and stacked 22" apart, one on top of the other. All planes are stored wings on and rest on their gear. I have no concern about the fixed gear planes. However, I have 4 planes with retracts, 2 tail draggers and 2 tricycle gear, ranging from 48" - 63" wingspan. No issues so far,but beginning to wonder if storing gear down is putting unreasonable stress on the retracts and I should store gear up with foam pad underneath. Am I over thinking this?

Comment

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2665.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	147410Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2667.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	147411Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2660.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	147412
          I've been storing my planes on top of model boxes, and I've finally reached maximum capacity in the hangar (I mean garage). Had to get creative.

Spent $20 on PVC pipe and fittings and had plenty left over. Stores 4 planes in the space of 1. Going to build at least 1 more.
          You have very nice planes,Gray corsair where to buy,it's nice

Comment

Originally posted by broady824@gmail.com View Post

You have very nice planes,Gray corsair where to buy,it's nice
            Also purchase admiral rx600sp gyro only works in my hand. Placed in plane very weak.have not flew.new to Rc planes,arrows sky trainer. Thanks.

Comment

Your tips inspire me, tell me are you make black and white photo?

Comment

I ran out of space quite some time ago. I wanted to document my ever changing "hanger", so I did a bunch of YouTube videos to show what I've got at this time. For lack of anything else to do these days, let's make it game. The following are 4 videeos - one for each of 4 rooms that I use to keep my planes. Keep in mind that there are some planes that occupy different rooms as they are disassembled for storage and transport. Some are in 2 rooms, some are in 3 rooms. Don't count them twice or three times. Counting the one drone and the one Depron lazer cut kit that is yet to be punched out and put together, there should be 56 planes. Two that appear in the vids are busted and "retired" (not counted). The one on the table has no place to hang but it is getting ready to go to its new owner. Not counting any helicopters. There's no prize. Just to help you pass the time during this self isolating time.

Comment

With my chemo brain, I'd feel like I was on a treasure hunt searching every nook and cranny for the elusive certain one I wanted to fly and couldn't remember if it was behind the water heater or above the garage door.
                  So tell us XV, truth be told ya probably have a roster listing the locations
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                    So tell us XV, truth be told ya probably have a roster listing the locations
                    I must confess that I do not. When I take a plane to load into the car and it has no wings, I usually remember where they are. I have on rare occasions, forgotten a piece. For example, I got to the field one day with my Mystique sailplane only to discover I didn't take the elevator. As age progresses, I'm lucky to remember to grab the car keys before getting in. I've driven an hour to the field only discover I brought the wrong batteries for a plane. I fear that the day will come when I take the wings off a different plane than the one I intend to fly.

Comment

Bravo, love your collection, it's like a hobby store museum. Not sure any of the hobby stores in South Florida during their hey days had that large a collection, I'm envious. Maybe we should change the name of this thread from "Running out of room in my hangar" to Running out of room in my house. You have obviously become very creative in where you're sticking every piece. Agree with OV10, soon you'll need one of those location maps like you find in museums. How 'bout conducting an "Easter Egg" hunt for a wing or fuselage on Sunday. Just give us an item and we'll see if anyone can find it. You may want to pick an item that even you are looking for.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        Maybe we should change the name of this thread from "Running out of room in my hangar" to Running out of room in my house.
                        You are not far off. I have been forbidden to spread to any other room in the house, at least until I do a lot of sniveling and weaseling. For now, nothing more comes in unless something goes out. (Mind you, I do have room under my hobby tables for 2 more boxes.) I know a guy who has over 150 active planes. I don’t know where he keeps them all.

Comment

Working...
                        X