Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus 1. Nice. :)

Comment

• Flying E-Flite UMX Beast in Beaumont Texas. Not the idea place to fly. I will look around some more. Its a fun little plane to fly. I abused it nicely hahaha

Flying the UMX Beast

Comment

• Benjack, what a great way to start my morning! Watching your video put a big smile on my face. So much fun!!
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• A few short flights tonight. Changed some settings on the Mobius to see if i could tell the difference. Sun was just about ready to drop behind the horizon. Wind 8-10mph.

Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
            Benjack, what a great way to start my morning! Watching your video put a big smile on my face. So much fun!!
            Thanks Lon. I use to post here under the screen name Ben but I cant seem to remember my login info.

Comment

• We've all had that moment, especially when they went over to the new format, there were a few of us, myself included, that had trouble getting back in. I finally admitted defeat and started writing things down, old guy brain, or too much airplane info to process to be bothered with things like passwords....

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                We've all had that moment, especially when they went over to the new format, there were a few of us, myself included, that had trouble getting back in. I finally admitted defeat and started writing things down, old guy brain, or too much airplane info to process to be bothered with things like passwords....

Grossman56
                Add me to the trouble list. I started posting with the screen name pgiroma, but somehow got logged out and tried to re-enter using the forgot password path, but the link I followed would not let me in using the supplied password. I got so frustrated that I was about to leave, especially since I could not sign up using the same email address. I finally tried signing up using my secondary email with screen name VOODOO. Don't know how to access any messages I received as pgiroma.

Comment

• Weather was great this morning at our club field in Dubuque, Iowa
                  Love this P-38!!
                  For what it's worth....The landing was the least desireable that i've had. But the stock landing gear held up just fine! Note to self: Power thru the landing.

Last edited by Lon; Apr 18, 2016, 06:37 PM. Reason: More flight info
                  Lon

Comment

• Looks great Lon, sure no mistaking her in the sky!!
                    Looks like the weather was great, wish ours would smarten up, we're getting a bit of snow tonight!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Weather was great this morning at our club field in Dubuque, Iowa
                      Love this P-38!!
                      For what it's worth....The landing was the least desireable that i've had. But the stock landing gear held up just fine! Note to self: Power thru the landing.
                      Wow she's a beauty, especially out in that clear blue sky! Landing is still cleaner than mine, my biggest room for improvement being a newbie

Comment

• Thanks CloudRider! Depending on the plane, the wind....those landings can be challenging for years to come :)
                        Lon

Comment

• Marion Illinois Sky Squires field. Club member had some video of the field from a couple years ago. Its not much but it works.
                          Doug Gwaltney flying his extra 300 at Sky Squires field

Comment

• Flying at my "go to" lake with the DHC Beaver today. Had a water rudder sticking on me. Got that straigtened out with a little adjusting.
                            At the 4:40 time. You will notice i realized there was a problem. Infact, the first time i took off, i thought something wasn't right because of how it pulled to the right during take off.

Last edited by Lon; Apr 24, 2016, 09:41 AM. Reason: Additional Info.
                            Lon

Comment

Flying at my "go to" lake with the DHC Beaver today. Had a water rudder sticking on me. Got that straigtened out with a little adjusting.
                              At the 4:40 time. You will notice i realized there was a problem. Infact, the first time i took off, i thought something wasn't right because of how it pulled to the right during take off.
                              Hey Lon, I can see why that's your go-to lake, looks like a perfect spot! Beautiful rc, hoping to get mine rigged up to take out to Lake Tahoe this summer :D

Comment

• Hey Lon, Watching your video really gets me excited to get mine back on the water. Just need the wind and rain to stop!

Comment

• Originally posted by CloudRider View Post
                                  Hey Lon, I can see why that's your go-to lake, looks like a perfect spot! Beautiful rc, hoping to get mine rigged up to take out to Lake Tahoe this summer :D
                                  Oh wow! Tahoe would be so great....make sure and put a Mobius on her for the flight. I've been to Tahoe a couple times(long ways from Iowa)
                                  Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                                    Hey Lon, Watching your video really gets me excited to get mine back on the water. Just need the wind and rain to stop!
                                    Yes, we haven't been dodging much here to the east of you
                                    Lon

Comment

• New video. More to come tonight or tomorrow. Tom maidens his Great Plains Super Sportster

Comment

• Comment

• Went to a field I've never been to before. A little bit more of a drive than normal, but wanted to check it out. What a great place to go!! Well worth the drive!! Took my P-38 as well as the F-86 80mm. This is the only video i made there today.

Lon

Comment

Working...
                                          X