X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BILLY BOY View Post
    I fly at the foot of Bear Butte in the beautiful Black Hills of SD...
    That has to be a nice place to do some good slope flying!

Comment

• OK... so I did this vid back when I first got my drone. I was practicing maneuvers around the trees and then took flight over the fields where I have been flying my Trainer (Mini Apprentice). I just go to the dead end you'll see when I take to the sky and fly over the fields there. I've yet to get any video at my club field... maybe one day. Anyhow... the vid is about 6 minutes long. Near the end you'll see a few military choppers (Blackhawks I think) fly right over the area I just came down from. Pretty cool. This was also my first video edit job, so cut me a little slack on that front. :Smug:

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Pleasant and natural flight. My favorite part was seeing the celebratory puff at the end.:)

Watch those choppers though! Thanks for sharing :Cool:

Comment

• LOL My anxiety always gets the better of me when I let 'er go too far from me. The e-cig helps get me back in check... ;)

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I fly at a field in San Pedro, which is a soccer complex , but we do use the parking lot as the runway is lined with parking bumpers .

I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Good job there Fieldofdreams
              Still Learning:D

Comment

• Headed down to the club field today before it got too windy and got a couple pics. Not my bird on the table there.. one of the member's. I'll have to get the Mavic out there for some video one of these days...
                Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Mother Nature is really having a laugh on us this year. We often brag that we enjoy all four seasons in West Virginia, but lately, we have been enjoying them all in one weekend.
                  So I snuck one past her yesterday while it was 80 degrees with 4 mph wind. Today it's 39 degrees with 35 mph winds.

Comment

• WV, I couldn't agree with you more. It's been really windy here for the last several days and hot (warm) part of the day and freezing the other part.
                    Still Learning:D

Comment

• As promised! The winds mellowed out a bit yesterday. So I ran a couple batteries through the PT-17 early morning. Then went back later and everyone was gone for the day. Perfect time to get the Mavic up for some video. This is our little piece of cut out, semi-carpeted, desert. Has a spot for RC Cars, Helicopters and Drones (although they allowed to fly on the main field from Stand #5), and Small Electrics (also allowed on the main field). The smaller 3D fliers tend to use that area though. Not the best, needs some grass!, but it serves it's purpose.

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Nice mate

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                          Not the best, needs some grass!, but it serves it's purpose.
                          My only experience with that type of mother nature was when I rode Route 66 through Arizona.
                          How do the electric motors (or gassers) hold up with the sand being ingested :Thinking:
                          I'm thinking as much as I hate winter here in the northeast, I do like the grass and cooler summer temps ;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

My only experience with that type of mother nature was when I rode Route 66 through Arizona.
                            How do the electric motors (or gassers) hold up with the sand being ingested :Thinking:
                            I'm thinking as much as I hate winter here in the northeast, I do like the grass and cooler summer temps ;)
                            Come to East Tennessee (Still part of free America), beautiful scenery, great weather and home to Tirediron Aviation:Cool:
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Come to East Tennessee (Still part of free America), beautiful scenery, great weather and home to Tirediron Aviation:Cool:
                              I know.....I know.....you keep at it George but I do know what the temps are there in summer. ;)
                              I forgot to tell you how I know.........my youngest brother has lived in Knoxville for 25+ years :P
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                That's a nice ride through there,too!
                                The ground surface, especially on the runway, is actually pretty hard. The only time sand becomes a real issue is when the winds kick up dust devils. Which are called out when seen for pilots to avoid. I've yet to hear anyone complain about sand in motors or whatnot, but I do see your point there. There are much nicer club fields around, like the one F22trainer flies at. This one is just convenient as far as location (and annual dues) for me. Just 20 minutes up the road from the cotton fields I fly around behind my home.
                                Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• One of those bad weather days that caught up with us in route. This was MSR Tampa Iraq. On the way to BIAP

Comment

• I just started flying RC planes this past autumn, and joined the Southern Arizona Gliders and Electrics club in Marana (just outside of Tucson). Here's the video from my first flight with the Flyzone Sensei. I had the mode set to "Intermediate," which limited how much control I could give, hence the kind of bouncing effect, especially at take-off. I found it more annoying than helpful, and have left the WISE stabilization off for subsequent flights.

SAGE is good group - friendly, helpful members, and a mostly relaxed atmosphere. Due to the field's proximity to Marana Airport, no drone flying is allowed, but the field is accessible to members 24/7.

I ordered a Flyzone Sensei recently, and today was my first chance to take it out to the SAGE Field in Marana and give it a try. I had the controller set to ...

Comment

• And where I got to fly my drone a couple of months ago...

A video compiled from my DJI Spark drone, while on vacation at Anthony's Key Resort, Roatan, Honduras. Edited using Cyberlink Powerdirector 15

Comment

• Welcome Hoomi, another Arizonan!

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                          As promised! The winds mellowed out a bit yesterday. So I ran a couple batteries through the PT-17 early morning. Then went back later and everyone was gone for the day. Perfect time to get the Mavic up for some video. This is our little piece of cut out, semi-carpeted, desert. Has a spot for RC Cars, Helicopters and Drones (although they allowed to fly on the main field from Stand #5), and Small Electrics (also allowed on the main field). The smaller 3D fliers tend to use that area though. Not the best, needs some grass!, but it serves it's purpose.
                                          Ok, so since no one else is asking but everyone else including me is thinking...........

WHY IS THIS FIELD EMPTY????

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X