X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-flite Timber

Will this aircraft be suitable to fly off unimproved airstrips?

It does well on ours, no problems at all.

Comment

I need to replace the rudder servo in my e-flight Timber. The servo is mounted inside a well in the side of the fuselage with servo tape or something else. Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the servo without damaging the foam mounting area on the fuselage?

Comment

Originally posted by BamaRay View Post
        I need to replace the rudder servo in my e-flight Timber. The servo is mounted inside a well in the side of the fuselage with servo tape or something else. Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the servo without damaging the foam mounting area on the fuselage?
        Very carefully.. they are glued in.

Fortunately, the glue can be flexed to make it peel from the foam (or at least take very little foam with it)
        I made a tool that is a piece of music wire bent to a 90 deg angle to help work under the servo. But that doesn't always help a lot. So I don't have the best solution yet.

Often I just give up, slice a chunk out so I can slide a long razor knife blade under the servo. Then I glue the piece back and make a hatch mount for the new servo, so 2 screws and it comes out. (adds weight which is not really a good thing with the smaller airplanes)
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by BamaRay View Post
          I did one for a guy. Used a single edge blade and freed as much of the servo as possible Than just put pressure on the servo and it came right out.. Not much room to work with so take your time.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by flycatch View Post
            I think it depends on how unimproved the airstrip is. I suffered nose-overs and take-off and landings when operating from a soccer field with 4" tall grass. There is just too much drag from the tall grass. Finding a spot where the grass is a bit matted and the Timber works just fine. Never had an issue at the club field that is cut shorter. I haven't tried gravel or dirt runways, only grass. If the grass is really tall, then using the floats actually works well.

Comment

For me I just pull back on the elevator stick a little and punch it! It takes right off on any surface with out rolling. Like a rocket ship straight up!
              Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

I had to replace the servo (they are all reverse by the way) and I just grab the wire and pulled at a angle like peeling velcro or a sticker off. Popped right out.
                Planes
                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Originally posted by flycatch View Post
                  Of course. Look at those tires. It's a BUSH plane.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E-Flite Airplanes.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	183091

A great flight at our nearby beach with the Timber & UMX timber both with on board camera 808 #16

Comment

Working...
                    X