Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Dynam Tiger Moth

Originally posted by jiggz
    Hey l54 ..did u do the gear rake mod yet ..it makes her a *****cat on grass ..
    Originally posted by jiggz
    What scheme r u painting?
    Not really a scheme, just my own little thoughts. Just want to add some color to it.

Comment

My TM has loads of flights on it, and in order to fly from the crabgrass runway our club has, I did move the wheels forward by about 1". Otherwise it would not climb out of the grass to start a take-off roll without nosing over. After that mod, it's a great flyer. I've flown it in 20mph winds and been able to make it track backwards. For a lightly loaded wing, it does amazingly well in strong winds.

Comment

Pretty much done painting my Tiger Moth     Just wanted to add a bit of color..

Comment

Beautiful!!!! I admire you guys who are good painters.... Is that a wood prop? Or painted?
          Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl
            Beautiful!!!! I admire you guys who are good painters.... Is that a wood prop? Or painted?
            Thank but, not much of a painter... It's a wood prop. Got it from Grayson's

Comment

Xoar makes an appropriate scale wood prop

http://www.espritmodel.com/xoar-propellers-glowgas-round-style-wwii-pjwwii.aspx
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hey peeps I'm starting to make a move over here from the other side ..

Thought I would bring something with me

My tiggy at her finest ..enjoy
                I do not own the rights to the music all copyright goes to its respected partiesTrack .. TENNESSEEArtist .. HANS ZIMMERA MORNING IN THE LIFE OF A DYNAM TIGER...
                Art.t p51.1400 p51b.1400 fw190.1400 f6f.dyn tiggy.dyn spit.dyn tempest.dyn at6 (harvard).dyn beaver.eflite yak54.df vamp.pz spit.pz bf109.pz fw190.pz mossi.pz se5.pz radian.pz visionaire.hch b25.pz p40.ne yak54.ne extra300.precedent highboy.fms 800 p40 .. Tony nijhuis tiffy

Comment

I gotta stop coming here.... Seems like everytime I do I want yet another plane.... LOL!

Welcome Jiggz... And Tiggy. :)
                  Lauren

Comment

Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike posted this classy video the other day, it really shows off the Dynam Tiger Moth's docile and predictable handling. It's easily on my list of Top 3 Dynam planes. Biplanes are so majestic, I think.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                      Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike posted this classy video the other day, it really shows off the Dynam Tiger Moth's docile and predictable handling. It's easily on my list of Top 3 Dynam planes. Biplanes are so majestic, I think.
                      Me too Alpha....
                      Lauren

Comment

Getting a big itch to get mine in the air but, sounds like another storm coming in this week so..... Seeing your videos just makes it worse...

Comment

Well I finally got her into the air... Flew 10 or 11 packs thru her. 2200 and 2500,s needed some nose weight 3000 and 3600,s were just fine. I need a new cowling from a few nose overs while I was learning to keep some power on while landing till I made sure the tail was stuck down... Oh well learning is half the fun. over all its a great flyer.

Comment

One of my faves. So glad to be able to post vids on the Squawk easily!

Comment

Well I did the landing gear rake today and put the new cowl on. I had an extra set wing/landing gear supports and the short/rear ones work perfect for the rake. Just had to straighten out the ends. Added right at an inch. Now just waiting on some good weather

Comment

I am new to this forum, but not to the hobby. I have an affection for biplanes and this one captured my imagination. My Tiger Moth is on its way to me from Motion RC.
                                I was concerned about the nose over tendency on grass mentioned in the forum. To accomplish the landing gear rake do you actually bend the landing gear wire forward, or is the whole assembly moved forward in the fuselage? Either way some modification to the forward landing gear struts would be in order. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                                Good Flying,

skybolt1951

Comment

Iowa54...really love your color scheme....would u be able to tell me the paint and color numbers u used on the Tiger ...i love the blue and the dark tan on the horizontal stabilizer please

Comment

Hi does anyone have the V2 dynam tiger moth with the 800kv motor and 50 amp esc. What is the difference in performance?

Comment

Mighty fine looking Dynam to me. You did excellent job. Thanks for sharing. I want one.
                                      Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ryramZ View Post
                                        One of my faves. So glad to be able to post vids on the Squawk easily!
                                        you need to get some Caribbean weather up there to run the tundra off.
                                        Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                          Putting the finishing touches on my Tiger Moth. I wrapped it with Oracal vinyl and lettered it as a plane displayed by the Portuguese Air Force at the 1996 NATO Tiger Meet.
                                          Wow! Super job my friend. That airplane looks spectacular. That's a great idea to perform on this type of aircraft. A+

Comment

Working...
                                          X