X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Version 1/6 M-600 Build Thread

Click image for larger version  Name:	EF9F003A-CCD8-4389-91D9-1566A80FF716.png Views:	134 Size:	429.2 KB ID:	193569
    I promise not to bore you with any off the shelf kits, although at least one will get put together during this build.
    At 1/6 scale I can keep it in the same footprint as the Ryan for transport.
    Spent 4 hours in one today and will get another 4 tomorrow as PIC from right seat of course.
    :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFD7F1C4-55B9-4D6B-AF98-9F66F27A3456.jpeg
Views:	997
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	193881 I’ll start by drawing these and get them laser cut out of lite ply.

Comment

Name:	41194971-6F94-4C92-A157-5266562B03EA.jpeg
Views:	919
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	193883
      Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Name:	EF9F003A-CCD8-4389-91D9-1566A80FF716.png
Views:	1779
Size:	429.2 KB
ID:	193569
      I promise not to bore you with any off the shelf kits, although at least one will get put together during this build.
      At 1/6 scale I can keep it in the same footprint as the Ryan for transport.
      Spent 4 hours in one today and will get another 4 tomorrow as PIC from right seat of course.
      :)
      Should have posted this up also, from Thursday flight

Comment

So I decided to keep this first version electric, but if I can get a sponsor there is room to do a 1/4 scale and install this:

Name:	8B303256-77B7-49D2-8D59-F6FCC5D7DDCF.jpeg
Views:	877
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	194054

Comment

NOOOOOOOOO! LOLj/k I enjoy your builds brother!

Comment

Name:	F4BB4639-9160-438E-BF77-47E7B12D5554.jpeg
Views:	912
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	196675 A fuselage takes shape. Full size is semi-monocoque. Thinking ahead to make wings detachable at the main gear ribs. Keels May get interesting.

Comment

Its gonna be a sweet ride

Comment

I may have missed it, what plane is this exactly? Are you modeling it from scratch using a full size reference?

More details please...

Comment

I believe it's a Piper M600. I was a fan of the Meridian (M500) which is similar except a different wing and other minor things. Of course you'd know better, F22trainer! Please tell us more about your build! Especially that turboprop option....
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post
                    I may have missed it, what plane is this exactly? Are you modeling it from scratch using a full size reference?

More details please...
                    Alpha is correct on all counts. Still working on a liaison with my parent company, but as of right now I am using the published 3 view drawings and photos from my visit to the factory. Google the Piper M-500 and 600. The M-350 is a nearly identical airframe but is piston powered by a TIO-540 Lycoming, that maintains 350 HP up to 20,000’ and is pressurized.

I am building an electric version M-600 at 1/6 scale. The turbo prop from King Tech would need a 1/4 scale airframe. Since there are no plans I am drawing my own and figured I would start smaller. Also need a sponsor for that turbine and hope to get Piper to back that build. An electric model fits within my budget.

Comment

Well last night my aging PowerBook just threw in the towel... got a warning memory was full, closed a few applications and saved my file a did a restart.

Won’t boot up now.:Sweating:
                      Going through some common fixes, but gotta go to work now.
                      :(

Comment

Name:	42DADC53-3465-4CDB-950B-59B2DAC2A406.jpeg
Views:	792
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	199505
                        Anyone know a fix - PowerBook G4. Tried some of the UToob fixes, but no luck yet.

Comment

The worst possible issue is likely to be what happened. Failure of the boot track on the HD.

Stuck in the middle of loading the OS and, just keeps trying to read the drive?

Sometimes you can pull the data from the drive even if it can't boot the machine, by plugging it as an external to a different machine. (they make adapters to do this as a USB external drive)
                          Sometimes its just toast.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                            The worst possible issue is likely to be what happened. Failure of the boot track on the HD.

Stuck in the middle of loading the OS and, just keeps trying to read the drive?

Sometimes you can pull the data from the drive even if it can't boot the machine, by plugging it as an external to a different machine. (they make adapters to do this as a USB external drive)
                            Sometimes its just toast.
                            Sounds about right for my world...FML
                            I was far enough along it would be a pain to start over but not frustrating as I could probably do it again faster and a bit more accurate. So now I am planning to start over, but I could pull the drive and maybe read it on my G4 desktop Powermac dual boot machine...I have 2 of them. But I have a feeling I may lose them soon too, and rightly so as they are almost 20 years old. Hard to believe.
                            I have a new iMac I got for the GF, and could run a subscription to Adobe Illustrator which would be cheaper than buying a new MacBook. That might trigger a few dirty looks if I spend a lot of time on that machine, which would happen. Besides her desk isn’t that comfortable for me at all. She’s about a foot shorter than I.
                            Suppose I could take a chance on another eBay refurbishment, this one was and lasted 4 years.
                            Ugh...:Angry:
                            Yup, it is doing boot loops and none of the fixes are working.

Comment

I back up old school. to a CD/RW every week and then every month to a CR-R. Stacks of disks but I know I can't lose much.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

UPDATE: the PowerBook Mac has pooped the bed...
                                resources are redirecting to a new MacBook Air, which I hope to have by next month. But Work is continuous as the desktop G4 is still a go...just not on the inter webs with it.

Comment

I have cleared room for the G4 and brought it to life. The file I started was not that far along so I just started over. The bigger screens and dual monitors make things a lot more efficient than the laptop anyway.
                                  Anyway, here is a pretty good video review of the airplane I am regularly lucky to be instructing new owners, the recommend procedures for safe and efficient operation.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	8D6D7D82-543D-451E-BEBE-8EDDDEC31A10.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	125.0 KB ID:	213901 Upper and lower keel, fuselage outline and formers coming together. Wound up changing the power supply in my Mac before I could get started. Light plywood keel and formers will skin with 1/8“ Balsa sheet.

Comment

Name:	FF2F86EF-6FCD-47CD-B799-EB3271791981.jpeg
Views:	646
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	219581Click image for larger version

Name:	5F06DC92-475A-4AA2-8EA5-7E2A52B4A821.jpeg
Views:	600
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	219582 That drawing board is set up for 72” x 60” and the 100% size former nearly filled an 8.5” x 11” sheet.

Comment

Oh my gosh, where has the time gone...
                                        It’s been...well, progress would have to speed up to be considered slow. But, real strides have been made. Nose section 50% mock up looks good. Started the fuselage center and rear sections. I also have a potential interest from a cutter to begin kits. Since this is a trademark and copyrighted, still in production airplane, Piper will probably step in. They are getting the first prototype anyway. I will maintain control of the kits, as they are my design. I have sponsors....oh boy did I get some sponsors, but we’re just getting started so more on the later.

Comment

Working...
                                        X