X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    Stuart, can we send an email to the CS guys instead of calling?
    An email works as well, Oxotnik. I've asked the CS manager to collate incoming Black Horse product requests that the CS team is receiving through the three official communication channels (phone, email, chat).
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Stuart, can we send an email to the CS guys instead of calling?
      Yes that will work too.

S.

Comment

Sent my ‘I want a BH Pfeil!’ email to Motion CS last night, and apparently the CS reps do, too. :-)
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

I make 3 then, I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing it next time round, fingers crossed.

S.

Comment

me too bro:Cool:

Comment

I love the Do335 and have my own scratch-build profile version. There are some things about this Black Horse model that don't seem right - by that I mean, the proportions just don't look correct to me. Something's off.
              But besides that,
              The model pilot in the first post looks like he'd be 10 feet tall. This plane is really big IRL and the pilot looks like he's twice as big as he should be.
              Two bladed props? Stick a pair of FW Corsair motors in there with a big 3-blade. WTH is a 2-blade prop doing there?
              I am very skeptical of printed covering, I've never liked that. It looks good when its new but its really hard to repair.

These are minor nitpicking complaints, obviously this would be a fantastic addition to the MRC line!

I took this pic is at the Udvar-Hazy museum in No.Va. If you were able to get close enough, you could walk under the nose without having to duck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11a.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	195812
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Not a tire kicker, as noted I already have the V-Mar version in my hanger have also dropped more than a few thousand of my piggy bank dollars with Motion --- what's a few more. Sent my request to Motion marketing.

Comment

When I get my Do-335, I, too, will be looking for a 3-blade option. It sure would be nice if, when Motion brings the Pfeil onboard, there’d be a scale prop/spinner upgrade option. Otherwise, I’ll have to find a DuBro spinner and MAS prop combination that’ll work. I’d rather have a spinner that’s wrong, rather than a 2-blade prop when it should have a 3-blade.

That aside, though, I’ll still beat you guys to the Buy Now Button, once the Do-335 is offered by Motion.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

When I get my Do-335, I, too, will be looking for a 3-blade option. It sure would be nice if, when Motion brings the Pfeil onboard, there’d be a scale prop/spinner upgrade option. Otherwise, I’ll have to find a DuBro spinner and MAS prop combination that’ll work. I’d rather have a spinner that’s wrong, rather than a 2-blade prop when it should have a 3-blade.

That aside, though, I’ll still beat you guys to the Buy Now Button, once the Do-335 is offered by Motion.
                    Blatant boasting could get you eating some crow if TWTJ or I have our way. :PLOL
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Blatant boasting could get you eating some crow if TWTJ or I have our way. :PLOL
                      Challenge accepted.
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        I love the Do335 and have my own scratch-build profile version. There are some things about this Black Horse model that don't seem right - by that I mean, the proportions just don't look correct to me. Something's off.
                        But besides that,
                        The model pilot in the first post looks like he'd be 10 feet tall. This plane is really big IRL and the pilot looks like he's twice as big as he should be.
                        Two bladed props? Stick a pair of FW Corsair motors in there with a big 3-blade. WTH is a 2-blade prop doing there?
                        I am very skeptical of printed covering, I've never liked that. It looks good when its new but its really hard to repair.

These are minor nitpicking complaints, obviously this would be a fantastic addition to the MRC line!

I took this pic is at the Udvar-Hazy museum in No.Va. If you were able to get close enough, you could walk under the nose without having to duck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11a.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	195812
                        Yes I saw this at the very same museum a few years back I was REALLY struck as to how big the thing was, would have loved to have seen it fly.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

You've got that right WBC:):). Oxotnik, a three wy tie works for me too. :Cool:

I too will be going three blade and likely TruTurn parabolic spinners. The center spinner bolt will even add a scale touch.

Comment

Doesn’t really do anything for me, but I am happy to see the introduction of many more and a great variety of ARF models.
                            Great move Motion!

Comment

would love to know the distance from the center of the rear motor to the bottom of the ventral fin, and the same for the nose. had one scratch built 30 years ago w hb .40's for power, the prop had 1 inch clearance to the bottom of the ventral fin I would break props ~ 3 out of 10 landings on grass. Only once on takeoff, that lead to separate channels for throttle and a less aggressive rotation and it never happen again. i'ld like to be able to plan the power and prop to have a 1.5 to 2 in clearance.

Joe
                              Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

I used 14 inch props on mine and never had a prop strike and that was on grass..

Comment

The BH He-111 has already sold out. I bet that a shipment of Do-335s would sell out just as quickly, if not even faster.
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

The BH He-111 has already sold out. I bet that a shipment of Do-335s would sell out just as quickly, if not even faster.
                                    5 HE111s left when I snagged mine last weekend.....I'd pull the trigger on the 335 just as fast. Have a Phoenix A26, found I prefer built up, to foam....I have plenty of foam....F7F in particular.....wood just seems better in breezes (Coastal Florida....wind never stops)

Comment

Whoops, that was fast. Thanks to everyone for your support! There's a wellspring of people outside of Squawk who are snatching these Black Horses up... we need to invite them to join the conversation here and share the love. [mania?]
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I did e-mail Motion about the DO-335. The reply was that it was going to be available at some point, but it might be awhile. I'm in no hurry I've got many others to build now and my bank account can take a breather. I agree that the DO-335 will probably sell out quickly just because of the unusual looking airframe.

Comment

ALPHA, YOU WILL FIND that we modelers have been aware of these models for a long time, meaning black horse and seagull, but nobody imported them. they have several I am interested in, top of the list being the do-335 and a 70"fw190. if I contact cs will I go on a list of people to contact when they come over?

joe
                                          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Working...
                                          X