Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aros, you're spot on. I hadn't flown anything for years but the genre has always been my favorite.

Comment

I'm always up for more WWI birds! It would be most Excellent if FlightLine could have a "Dawn Patrol" series.
      I'd especially would love to see a Fokker D-VI. With it's beautiful rounded fuselage similar to the DR1 and two wings similar to the D-VII. And it's one that's rarely been modeled.

Comment

I am in agreement as well. Have never owned a WW1 bird. I looked into finding the Parkzone Albatros a while back but can never find one for sale that is near me.

Comment

The "Dawn Patrol" series is a great idea. One of the biggest challenges with a WWI bird is getting it to balance with such a short nose. With foam, it seems that the tail could be kept quite light.

They are great fun to fly though. One must learn to use the rudder or program an ail to rud mix.

Comment

Do an Albatros DV full scale with at least a 60" wingspan. So many great schemes available

Comment

I too would love to see a Flightline WWI series. There just aren't many WWI planes to pick from right now. In particular, I would like to see a DR-VIII, Eindecker, Bristol, as well as the more common ones.

Comment

Loneflier121 Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

The new Nexa line would be a great format to bring WWI birds to Motion RC in a size simular to the Tiger Moth. Larger ones in the 1/4 to 1/3 scale would be welcome too.

As Loneflier121 mentioned, some of the monoplanes like the D-VIII, Eindecker, Bristol, and Morane are good ones for ease of assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                  Loneflier121 Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

The new Nexa line would be a great format to bring WWI birds to Motion RC in a size simular to the Tiger Moth. Larger ones in the 1/4 to 1/3 scale would be welcome too.

As Loneflier121 mentioned, some of the monoplanes like the D-VIII, Eindecker, Bristol, and Morane are good ones for ease of assembly.

Comment

I had tried to add a post from my phone, but somehow it was lost. Anyway, thanks for the welcome! I used to be on this forum under Loneflier, but lost my password, and ended up just re-regsitering.
                    I would be truly excited about a Fliteline WWI series. I particularly like the monoplanes, but a Spad, Neiuport, or any of the more unusual planes would be great. I have one of the older Eflite Albatross and a Sopwith, Fokker DVII, but that is about it. Mostly I have been flying WWII warbirds, but would like a change of pace at times. Also really looking forward to the Nexa line of ARFs. Keep 'em coming!!

Comment

Hey Loneflier121 I can help with your password. I set up a temp password on your old account if you are still interested. Check your PM...
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Hey Loneflier121 I can help with your password. I set up a temp password on your old account if you are still interested. Check your PM...
                        Thanks Aros! I found your PM and updated the information and have my old account active again. Thank you for your help! 😃

Comment

Anytime! Glad it worked out.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I have to say I have never really liked any of the foam WWI ARFs. Wing and tail surfaces, especially the tail edges and wing trailing edges, are just too thick to look good.

They tend to look clunky compared to the real thing, noticably more so than so than the foam WWII and jet models.

The sole advantages of a WWI foam BnF are cost and durability.

I had several of the balsa Great Planes WWI Parkflyer ARFs and greatly enjoyed them.

I would second the idea that the Nexa line of models would be the best way to get several sizes of WWI ARFs into the market. The final product will cost a little more, but be worth it.

Given that WWI warbirds rarely need much hopping up, it would be an interesting marketing experiment to sell a couple of balsa ARF WWI models as PnP models, with decent motors, ESCs and servos already installed, if the price point could be made attractive.

Alternatively, MRC could offer a separate, attractively priced “completion pack” for the WWI balsa ARF models, with prop, motor, ESC and servos included.

Modelers used to the price of a foam PnP model often get sticker shock at the cost to complete a balsa ARF, and an attractive completion pack could make things a good bit easier and a bit less expensive for them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

I think FlightLine would do the class justice, IMO. Perfect marriage of reasonable price point with all the scale details and flight characteristics we covet. I sure hope they step up to the plate. It's such a neglected segment of the hobby that could use a spark plug and FlightLine (or Nexa) could be the perfect fit.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                If it's feasible financially to produce, I would love to see a WWI FlightLine class. Nothing too obscure...Obviously would want to stimulate sales by starting off with the more popular models for any chance for growth. I'd buy any one of them to support the class.
                                Yep, there are some very popular WWI Warbirds that if done correctly, could be very successful. I am still kicking myself for selling my Parkzone Alby.....I should have waited for my flying skills to catch up with my tastes before selling it.

GB

Comment

I've had a yen for a good biplane for a while now. My preference would be for a balsa model, for some reason the idea of foam for biplanes seems especially weird to me. But more important than the material is the subject and size. I fly from grass, and rarely see calm days so I like my planes to be able to be comfortable with both. I think the minimum wingspan that would interest me is probably 55".

From the WWI period, I'm a fan of the Camel. The Albatros line appeals as well - has a certain "futuristic" look for the era, with that round fuselage. The 1930's produced some gorgeous types as well - just about anything from Hawker, the Fairey Fantome, and the Iconic Curtiss P-6E Hawk to name a few.

Comment

while we wait for the gods of old iron and cloth to bless us with a new arf, for those inclined to build Marek Rokowski in poland makes an extensive line of WWI warbirds and is quite reasonably price, you will be building and figuring things out but they are 1 meter WWI bipes like the fokker dvi and siemens schukart and he does a nice 1.3 meter triplane I have bought a fair number of kits from him and he is a pleasure to deal with, especialy since his webiste translates itself to english very well, and he has a fair understanding of the language as well, so buying central europe was never so easy :)

Comment

Cgoffa Hello Chris and welcome back to the Squawk for your third post since joining 3 years ago.
                                      Another Triple Cities modeler...... Twowingtj is very active here, come around a little more often
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

A little late to the post but here is my Dynam Albatros I am working on!

Comment

Nice! Love the scheme. Welcome as well!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X