X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite AIR-TRACTOR

I received Two of the new E-Flite Air Tractors on Tuesday. added a little more color and pin stripping. I finished most of what I am going to add to this Plane. The weather was sorta nice 36 degrees and 10 mph winds so this afternoon I loaded the Air Tractor in the truck and put the First test flights on it flew out 3, 4 cell 2200 batteries and had a total time of just over 24 minutes of flying time on the new Air Tractor. All it needed to trim it was three clicks of up elevator, right out of the box. I did not have to change any of the linkage other than to make sure all linkage was tight. Now back to the work shop. My flying buddy and I are designing a spray system for this one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F1.jpg
Views:	3686
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	237439Click image for larger version

Name:	F2.jpg
Views:	3354
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	237440

I added some more blue paint to the top rear of the fuselage and had my brother do a little video of this one. We didn't get a shot of the perfect landing though he touched the screen on my I Phone X and shut of the video. LOL!!!!!

Comment

Went out today and flew the E-Flite Air Tractor another One hour or more the Aluminum gear is very light and to springy for my liking and if not greased in on landing the gear spreads and starts the plane porpoising, made a spreader bar on the bottom of the gear. Also kept moving the Admiral 4 cell battery back until I got the CG where I like it, now flies inverted hands off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YEL3aEVOHE

Comment

Went out again today and played with the flaps flying in a 10 to 15 mph gust wind, Actually put another hour flying time on it a little cold though 28 degrees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6EmqJMrVLU&t=35s

Comment

Nice flying!
          I've got one awaiting assembly and a chance to make to the airfield for a maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by redtwilight View Post
            Nice flying!
            I've got one awaiting assembly and a chance to make to the airfield for a maiden.
            Thank you. I love flying figure eights close to the ground. You will love how nice the Air Tractor flies and has great power with a 4 cell 2200. I am currently painting the floats to go fly it off the snow we are going to get in the next two days here in the Black Hills weather was dropping off yesterday and in the high 20's today. they are guessing around 3 to 6 inches of the white stuff. Also just got in the new UMX Timber I painted last night and am mounting now to fly off the snow tomorrow if the winds go down
            Click image for larger version  Name:	PF2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	238002

Comment

Just finished the right side float for the Air Tractor, and the Left one is painted and drying. Then I can do the pin stripping on it. Should have them finished and installed to night so I can fly the Air Tractor off the 12" of new soft snow, still snowing today. Nice soft fluffy stuff great to use my float plane for. Ski's just sink and flip the planes

Name:	ATS.JPG
Views:	2878
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	238111

Comment

Finished painting and and adding trim and pin stripping last night. Wanted to mount the floats and fly it off the snow today, but thanks to the poor quality control of new options the brackets and mounting srew package was not in the float fit had to call Horizon so they can get the installation package out to me so I can fly it off the snow if we have any left by the time I receive it. Thanks Horizon

Name:	YBB.jpg
Views:	2774
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	238456

Comment

That's a good looking Ag Wagon! I like the colors, especially. Where is your adjusted CG now?
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    That's a good looking Ag Wagon! I like the colors, especially. Where is your adjusted CG now?
                    I haven't checked the Cg yet with the floats on the E-Flite Air Tractor 402 When I finally decided to paint and put the floats on I discovered that all the supposedly supplied brackets and installation self tapping screw package was not in with the floats. So I am still waiting for those from Horizon. I also am waiting for four new Admiral 4 cell 3000 batteries for the Air Tractor that are on their way with my new Havoc Racer. I ordered Monday. The floats came out better than I expected then to. The Rust-Oleum 2X gloss Marigold was a close match but not perfect. I also Added rivets high lighted the panel lines and painted all the tips on the tail and wing in Apple Red, and Added red on the bottom of fuse and floats, and the Blue on the top. The Air Tractor was just to plane Jane right out of the box. Now it is quite the Eye catcher when I take it out. I will have to check the CG with the 4 cell 3000's when I get them. I kept moving the 4 cell 2200's rearward until it would climb at a 45 degree just over 1/2 throttle and not drop the nose. I had moved the battery back over 1 1/2 from recommended position may more. PS thank you for the nice comment Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                      After finishing the Floats. and finding enough self tapping screws plus a couple washers due to Horizons poor quality control. non of this was in the Optional float kit to mount the floats 2. Secure the back section of the fl oats to the fuselage using the included bracket (F) and two 3mm x 10mm self tapping screws (G). 3. Secure the front section of the fl oats using the two included 3mm x 12mm self tapping screws (H) to secure the front support members to the bottom of the fuselage. So I went done to Ace Hardware and picked up everything I needed to mount the Optional float Set (Ace is the place for the RC Modeler to find the hardware We need LOL!!!! ) As far as the CG with the floats installed I had to push the
                      4 cell Admiral 2200 as far forward as possible to balance it in the recommended 65 to 70 mm actual came out at 68mm

Name:	CG!.jpg
Views:	3147
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	238844Click image for larger version

Name:	CGB.jpg
Views:	2729
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	238845

Comment

While assembling the Turbo Otter I took a short break to add this to my Air Tractor. Seems like every time I get back from flying it I add some more scale features. just added the windshield wiper so I can see where I'm going. LOL!!!!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	wiper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	239262

Comment

Seems like after flying the new E-Flite 1.5 m Air-Tractor 402. I get home and add more scale Items to the plane LOL!!!. just got this in to add on top of the Canopy, just like on the Full scale 402, it plugs into the receiver. A rotating Beacon. Now back to making the Spray bars and nozzles for it.

Name:	Beacon.jpg
Views:	2891
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	242082

Comment

Whent out flying this Bird in the April Snow storm we just got the other day, 8 to 12" of the White stuff. The E-Flite Air Tractor flies much better off floats then the conventional gear.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	ap1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	246535Click image for larger version  Name:	ap3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	246536

Comment

Can you please post a picture of the brace mod that you made to the gear? I just got one of these and want to reinforce the gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddog15 View Post
                                Can you please post a picture of the brace mod that you made to the gear? I just got one of these and want to reinforce the gear.
                                I have been rather busy working lately. Reddog15 here is what I did to make the gear stronger. I did not like the light gear, this came with . That being said I thought of how I wanted to take care of the weak gear causing this plane to bounce badly even when making a decent landing. I had some Air foiled aluminum that I make struts with so I used a piece of it and the ends off another gear set I cut the bottom ends off of and install the ends into the air foiled piece about an inch. tapped the axle ends from the other gear, tapped the two holes in the Air Tractor gear and mounted the spreader bar between the legs of the Air tractor gear to fit. Then I disassembled and epoxied the two gear ends in the air foiled aluminum spreader bar to finish then painted to match now I can make a not so nice a landing with out all the bouncing and resulting in a porpoising condtinon PROBLEM SOLVED

Name:	mod1.jpg
Views:	2343
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	257386Click image for larger version

Name:	mod2.jpg
Views:	2311
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	257387Click image for larger version

Name:	mod3.jpg
Views:	2244
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	257388

Comment

I finally got tired of the spring actuated tail wheel assembly and modified it with solid linkage. WOW what a difference. I also finished installing the strobe light on top of the canopy and used a Y harness to connect it with the existing lighting. The main gear modification I made also works great and got rid of the weak springy action also changed the axles with Klett 1/8 axles. The original wheels fit just right on the 1/8 inch axles

Name:	stobe.jpg
Views:	2200
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	259494Click image for larger version

Name:	tail.jpg
Views:	2233
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	259495

Comment

On the last flight I made with my Air Tractor last night I good see one of the tail struts dangling under the plane. When I got home I good Why , bad glue joint so I pulled the other side loose which had a bad glue joint to and pulled loose very easy I missed up 15 minute epoxy and glued bothe left and right tail struts back in

Name:	strut.jpg
Views:	2060
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	261157

Comment

Good looking plane!
                                      I've always had a soft spot for those air tractors. Looks like a great flier also.
                                      Roy Mayoral

Comment

Originally posted by Heli143 View Post
                                        Good looking plane!
                                        I've always had a soft spot for those air tractors. Looks like a great flier also.
                                        I really love flying the Air Tractor. Actually flies better with the Floats on it. I have added a rotating beacon on top the canopy and more Nav lights and have been flying it at night. The darker it is the better.

Comment

Working...
                                        X