X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonnyMac View Post
    Just beginning to build my P-40 and the first thing I noticed out of the box was the rounded spinner. Since one of my hobbies is woodturning I am going to try to make one on my lathe. Some nice strong white oak turned thin for weight and painted. I'll post a pic when i get it done--if it works.
    RM, Looking forward to watching your build. Great idea on a replacement spinner, it should be very balanced from the get-go, I would think. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I’ve Started my build on the Blackhorse P-40 and I have run into a couple of snags. Installation of the wing servos, aileron and flaps on both wings went smooth. Then I tried to install the gear. No bolts that came with the kit will thread into the blind nuts to fasten the gear to. Besides, the pattern is off by 1/8” being too narrow. When I received my model I mistakenly counted the packets of hardware without actually opening them and visually seeing what was in them. I won’t do that again. The hardware to attach the wheels to the retracts are missing along with the gun barrels for the wings. Frustrating, and trips to hardware stores to match the blind nuts has proved to be a challenge as no one can match what is in the wing. I’m thinking of re-threading them to fit. I have begun turning a new spinner on my lathe using tight grained cherry. So far so good.

Comment

I have misplaced the spar to my kit. Can anyone give me the specs so I can try to source a replacement? I tried to contact Black Horse with no luck.

Comment

I just bought this beautiful plane and was wondering if anyone knows what spinner size is best for a more scale look.

Comment

Working...
          X