Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
    Well done on the thread.

What is the length of the main gear struts from the top of the strut to the middle of the axel?
    5-7/8 see picture below 😉
    Attached Files

Comment

Great job on this assembly thread Papa Boozer. The pictures along with your insight should give those who are attempting their first arf build with this model the confidence and knowledge to be successful. This is a very beautiful representation of a P47 I love that it is a Razorback version. Looking forward to the flight review.

Comment

LOVE the Razorback! The standard doesn't do it for me personally. I hope FlightLine releases a larger scale Razorback someday.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Farmflyer, THANK YOU ! That was the goal of this thread. I would like more flyers to understand that balsa planes are a great experience. All flyers should have at leased one balsa plane. I wanted to show you electric foamy guys, that a balsa airplane can be great without gas. Understand, I have nothing against gas planes, I would not have had my experience in RC without them. AROS, there should be a new release on the Flightline 1600mm warbirds soon. Keep you fingers crossed. Alpha put a mark down for a Razerback P-47. Papa has no vote, he got his wish, thanks Alpha for the OV-10 Bronco.

Comment

Great assembly thread! Razorbacks rock :)

Was the dummy radial included with the kit? I recently put together the VQ Val and it didn't have one, so I wonder if this is a "Motion RC improvement".

Comment

CF-105, Yes, the dummy radial was in the kit. I did not go out and buy anything for the assembly, as for as parts. I did use some extra wood, as shown in the assembly, this was to make the elevator and rudder servos fit. This is a no brainer as for as a complete kit, well thought out as for as parts. I did upgrade the quality of nylon bolts for the wing mounts, my choice. Those that were provided would have worked. I just wanted larger head on the bolts. I could have used washers on the ones provided. Thanks, for your interest.

Comment

Do your gear doors hang down when the gear is retracted? Mine weren’t even close to closing all the way because of a wing rib in the way that the wheel was hitting. Also my firewall was loose and needed glue too. My wing bolt weren’t even close to lining up and I had to move the spar in the fuse back a half inch in order for them to line up. I used the FMS 1500mm power system in mine. Mine was the bubble top hairless joe camo scheme and I got it over a year ago when they were called VQ and sold out of Texas by VQ warbirds now legend hobby.
                Attached Files

Comment

Rcflyer79, When the wheels were retracted the first time, I did have an issue with the wheels hitting the wing cheating. Fix with a Dremel tool and enlarged the hole. The wheels did not go down all the way, I may have a 1/4" hanging out of the wheel well. For what it would have taken to fix, I will take it. I always, on ARF's Re-glue or CA the firewall, just for safety purposes. Good point, should have noted that in the build. Wing bolt holes were aligned close, all I did was make the holes larger, for a little wiggle room. As stated earlier, used larger head nylon wing bolts. Great point in the Re-glue. Motion must have did some re-design of this plane, with what has been said so far, I do not know this for a fact. Thanks, for your come back! Papa

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
                    Rcflyer79, When the wheels were retracted the first time, I did have an issue with the wheels hitting the wing cheating. Fix with a Dremel tool and enlarged the hole. The wheels did not go down all the way, I may have a 1/4" hanging out of the wheel well. For what it would have taken to fix, I will take it. I always, on ARF's Re-glue or CA the firewall, just for safety purposes. Good point, should have noted that in the build. Wing bolt holes were aligned close, all I did was make the holes larger, for a little wiggle room. As stated earlier, used larger head nylon wing bolts. Great point in the Re-glue. Motion must have did so re-design of this plane, with what has been said so far, I do not know this for a fact. Thanks, for your come back! Papa
                    Cool man! im looking forward to seeing your flight report with the 1700mm power plant. I had the 1500 P47 setup in mine and it was FAST! so i cant imagine how yours is going to be. Looks very scale with that size prop on it

Comment

Originally posted by ncflyer79 View Post
                      I had been looking that this plane as soon as they hit the web site but figured Wes would be doing an unboxing on it. As soon as his live stream was over I was placing my order. The only neg I saw was the 2 bladed prop shown on the web site. But now I see a couple of you have 4 bladed ones.

What size are they and where did you get them from??? Also, were did you get the decals for the prop, it looks naked w/o them

Comment

ncflyer79, We really don't know what to expect. I do know we will have lots of tork. I really think, we will out preform the prop and start windmilling on 6s power. Just a guess, I can't wait for the maiden and just she what she can do! This bird will have a lot of bit!

Comment

Belike, Thanks for your interest. Good questions! If you look at the picture on the second entry. I show a photo of the FMS power plant with prop. It is off the 1700mm Corsair. The decals come with the prop from FMS. Come by the Merry Boozer Channel for the maiden.

Comment

Have another question, this is my first balsa model so I'm taking it slow to work through things. As I'm inspecting everything it's looking good with 1 small exception. There is a slight warp in the left flap. When I line the left aileron up with the wing tip, then the outer edge of the flap to the aileron, the inside edge of the flap doesn't line up with the back of the wing. It's offset about the thickness of the flap edge. I know how to bend foam to bring it into alignment, but how about balsa? How to I straighten the flap. It's not huge but its enough to bug me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0611.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	259277

Comment

Belike, Thanks for your interest. Good questions! If you look at the picture on the second entry. I show a photo of the FMS power plant with prop. It is off the 1700mm Corsair. The decals come with the prop from FMS. Come by the Merry Boozer Channel for the maiden.
                              Thanks Papa, unfortunately I see that plane has been discontinued and while the blades are available, the hub isn't. I'll keep looking to see what I can find, a P-47 just doesn't look right with a 2 bladed prop.

BTW, looking forward to the maiden. I usually come by the channel most days and as soon as I have notification of this one, I'm going to have to take a break and watch.

Comment

belike, have a few questions, the picture does not help much. First, is the flap servo install with push rod? Did you center your servo? Did you leave adjustment on your clevis? Please take another picture of complete wing from back side. Would help old Papa a lot. Remember, there is no dumb questions, just stupid answersr!

Comment

belike, have a few questions, the picture does not help much. First, is the flap servo install with push rod? Did you center your servo? Did you leave adjustment on your clevis? Please take another picture of complete wing from back side. Would help old Papa a lot. Remember, there is no dumb questions, just stupid answersr!

I haven't installed the servos or anything yet. This was just the initial inspection from the box. I lined the aileron up with the wing tip then then the flap up with the aileron taping everything in place. The flap was all the way up where it wouldn't move any further up without pressure. The outer edge of the flap lines up with the aileron but the inner edge is about 1/8" lower than the wing root (the width of the trailing edge). The right wing lines up perfectly, it's just the back of the left wing that has the slight warp. I hope these pics are more clear. Is it possible to straighten balsa like foam, if so, how? Thanks, looking forward to your maiden.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0613.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	259333Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	259334
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi all. I'm new to hobby squawk but not the hobby. I also just got one of these a while back but through VQ.. I'm going with a saito 4 stroke on mine. I've been flying electric for about 6 years now and miss the sound of the 4 strokes. I thought this would be an ideal bird for my saito fa 82 to reside in. Excellent build thread, helps others to visually see the build and any tips while doing so. Thanks!

Comment

Belike, You have not installed anything, and you have not glued in your hinges. I would look at the hinge slot cut in the wing for the side that is low, if so move it up. I still can't tell by the photos, if it is really a wrap. Sorry

Comment

My flaps are also misaligned on my wing panels. Looks like they cut the hinge slots a little off center.. I am going to redo mine because it drives me crazy with the smallest of misalignments and mainly because it doesn't look right.

Comment

Salsy76, Problems of assembly can always be expected in balsa planes. This is when the building comes in. But, the challenge in a way, is working through the problem. Each problem solved, gives you experience for the next time. Foam airplanes are great, because they come out of the box with very minor problems. Balsa as you can see, is a little more of a challenge. Guys, take pride in learning new technics. This is for some, your first step on a new adventure in modeling. DON'T GET FRUSTRATED, WALK AWAY AND THINK ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM. When I started, you had to learn how to build the airplane first, and then you learn how to fly. But, I could fix anything, because of that experience. Papa tip: Sometimes the hard way, is the best way in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                          X