Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, unfortunately they very much are.

Comment

PLEASE, need some help! Can someone tell me how you folks at Motion were able to fit a MAS 15x7 3-blade prop on this airplane using the GP10 motor as shown in Part 2 of the build video? The prop shaft adapter is WAY too short to accommodate the thickness of the prop hub. Best I can do is get a 14x7 to fit and that is only by not using the prop washer and still only having a few shaft threads...not enough threads to even go all the way through the nut. I'm not comfortable flying this beautiful bird without a better prop fit. Thanks!

Comment

So I'm curious what the wheel diameter is for this model. Nearly all the scale P-40 ARFs have undersized wheels, to be even close to scale the diameter should be 4" for this one--how close did they come?

Comment

Originally posted by Skavage View Post
          PLEASE, need some help! Can someone tell me how you folks at Motion were able to fit a MAS 15x7 3-blade prop on this airplane using the GP10 motor as shown in Part 2 of the build video? The prop shaft adapter is WAY too short to accommodate the thickness of the prop hub. Best I can do is get a 14x7 to fit and that is only by not using the prop washer and still only having a few shaft threads...not enough threads to even go all the way through the nut. I'm not comfortable flying this beautiful bird without a better prop fit. Thanks!
          I'm surprised no one from Motion RC has answered your question, this is a serious issue having too short of a propeller shaft shaft.

I'm having the same problem, and if you and I are having the same problem so will others. Prop hub is too short to accommodate the 25x7 3-blade with spinner back plate. What I'm doing is actually mounting the spinner plate directly to motor using the same motor propeller shaft adapter three holes. Only, I had too replace the three screws with longer ones. Now, the props back plate mounts directly to the motor assembly and will rotate as motor powers up.

Then, I shaved some material off the prop so the nut screws in further. The, the spinner nose mounts on with the three screws. This spinner nose locks the prop within the assembly, because the prop spinner back plate is directly mounted to prop adapter the motor now turns the prop with the spinner nose in place. I know, it's totally crazy but I had to figure out a way to keep the prop attached and turn with little stress. Although the prop nut is hardly connected, the spinner nose is keeping the prop pressed against the spinner back plate.

I'll post pictures of the fabricated prop setup soon, will maiden the P-40 soon hopefully within two weeks. I did order another propeller shaft and are hoping it's longer, so I'm waiting for it to arrive. If it's the same length, then I stick with my fabricated setup.

Comment

This thread is full of crap!!!! Posts show retracts included but THEY ARE NOT!!!! EXTRA FOR RETRACTS AND THEY DONTS HAVE THE SCALE STRUTS SO NEXA P40 IS USELESS

Comment

Working...
            X