Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aros
    replied
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk GIRARD JEROME ! You can find the latest instructions for this model here:

Hope that helps and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• GIRARD JEROME
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0013.JPG
Views:	665
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	314205Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1486.jpg Views:	3 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	314202
    Hello

I am French and I own this model P38 VQ from 2004. It's badly damaged. As I'm used to building, this shouldn't be a problem. Question, do you have the editing instructions and/or plans. My Pdf is too small and therefore not readable. Thanks for your contribution and I would regularly post the reconstruction after completing my two-seat 1600mm construction spitfire personally.

Leave a comment:

• JonjonC@shaw.ca
    replied
    Question for those with successfull maidens under their belt. How much weight did you end up adding and could you share where you placed it?

Leave a comment:

• bartje
    replied
    StanBR, Bato79,

Any flights to report already or flap mods? 😁

Leave a comment:

• StanBr
    replied
    Fantastic, thanks for your reply! 👍🏻

Originally posted by Bato79 View Post

Thanks. The servo arms are from lanxiang / banana hobby B-25 model...I ordered it from banana hobby spare parts kit long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bato79
    replied
    Originally posted by StanBr View Post
    Bato79 Hi,

Great videos! Where did you get the servo arms? Looks like a great solution! 👌🏻

Best regards,
    Stan
    Thanks. The servo arms are from lanxiang / banana hobby B-25 model...I ordered it from banana hobby spare parts kit long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• StanBr
    replied
    Bato79 Hi,

Great videos! Where did you get the servo arms? Looks like a great solution! 👌🏻

Best regards,
    Stan

Leave a comment:

• StanBr
    replied
    OV10 Thank you very much for your wise words! You don’t want to end up in an unrecoverable stall due to a tail heavy aircraft. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Sage words from OV10.

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    StanBr Just a little advise, the standard protocol for CG of an aircraft that all the gear swings aft on retraction is to do it with retracted gear.
    The airframe designers of full scale airframes with aft retracting gear did it this way because the primary flight mode is gear retracted and you want
    to be basically neutral elevator for level flight. Trimming in up elevator when the gear is extended is expected for the nose heavy shift in CG and
    the neutral elevator in retracted gear has less impact on the higher airspeed control dynamics.
    As you mentioned tail heavy, that is the last place you want to be in your primary flight configuration (gear up) fighting it with ALOT of down elevator.

Leave a comment:

• StanBr
    replied
    Hi Guys, Mine is also (finally) ready for the maiden! A bit worried about the cg though... 😬 I balanced the P-38 with the wheels up but with all three gears moving forward when selecting gear down you end up with a nose heavy aircraft. If you balance it with the gear down you end up with an aircraft that will be tail heavy when selecting the gear up. Hopefully the elevator has enough authority to compensate this...

Leave a comment:

• Bato79
    replied
    Hi Ron.

Maybe you’ve missed this one regarding gear doors...

in the Youtube video description you have links of the items.

Originally posted by Ron Dyrda View Post
    HI Bato 79 I really like your gear doors how they operate , I really could not see to much on the video, could I get the info on the servos and linkage used..

On the flaps issue outer wings I used HS 5125 thin wing servos mounted with screws I have no slop.
    The center section is a different story, I used a low profile servos HS 77BB mounted with screws, I cut out the plywood for the original mounting with two way tape and plastic try wraps and installed side rails on the ribs for mounting, It is a lot better but still some slop like you said earlier the linkage is bad very sloppy I will try to remove the plastic linkage and remake.

Thanks Ron

Leave a comment:

• Ron Dyrda
    replied
    HI Bato 79 I really like your gear doors how they operate , I really could not see to much on the video, could I get the info on the servos and linkage used..

On the flaps issue outer wings I used HS 5125 thin wing servos mounted with screws I have no slop.
    The center section is a different story, I used a low profile servos HS 77BB mounted with screws, I cut out the plywood for the original mounting with two way tape and plastic try wraps and installed side rails on the ribs for mounting, It is a lot better but still some slop like you said earlier the linkage is bad very sloppy I will try to remove the plastic linkage and remake.

Thanks Ron

Leave a comment:

• Bato79
    replied
    It's time to put her out and see it in all her glory.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Oh sorry Ron, that I am not sure of. I'll have to do some digging.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Dyrda
    replied
    Hi Aros I needed to know the make of the elect. retracts that come with the Nexa P-38

Thanks Ron

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Bato79 View Post
    Here it is a first complete to my Nexa P-38 Lightning.

https://youtu.be/X2E_m6G5QTw
    Nice job! Flaps are always going to have some slop...I found it impossible to remove all the slop from mine. The gondola was my least favorite area of the mold. Just a terrible fit and design overall. But looking beyond these issues you will be rewarded with a wonderful flying P-38. She's made for the skies!

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Dyrda View Post
    Hi Aros I have a question on the p-38, who makes the elect. retracts, I am installing servos for the doors and I purchased a Down and locked control for the gear and doors. I also changed the mounting for the flap servos which was very bad and eliminated some slop.
    Hi Ron Dyrda, This is what I had in my P-38 for gear and struts:

2x Robart #670 1/2" dia Straight RoboStrut (main struts)
    #663L 7/16" dia LH Offset RoboStrut 3 3/4" - 4" (nose strut)
    630RSE 90 Degree HD Mains RoboStrut Electric 24LB (electric retract system).

They worked nicely in this model for me. Good call on the re-mounting of the flap servos!

Leave a comment:

• Bato79
    replied
    Btw if you’ve missed the link in description on ideas for scaling your cockpit. Enjoy the video.

Leave a comment:

• Bato79
    replied
    Here it is a first complete to my Nexa P-38 Lightning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X