X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-flite V-1200

E-flite has come out with one of the fastest, if not the fastest Electric foam Pylon racer I have and am still flying the E-flite V-1200 is just as advertised, over 140mph right out of the box I ordered the PNP. Installed a new Spektrum AR637T receiver and have been flying the heck out of it with my 6 cell 5000 50c and 6 cell 4400 70c batteries. E-Flite and Horizon hit this one out of the park. I have cut the throws some to get a nice smooth feel with it at full throttle. Love the retracts and the flaps after the first 6 flights I have finally got it tuned in the way I like it and have since flew it some 10 or more flights. The V-1200 is faster then any EDF jet I have in my Hangar bar none. I just got in a Dynamite Speed meter to check out all my planes top speeds

Click image for larger version

Name:	TV2.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	295217Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	295218

My wife got me this for Christmas! After watching all the vids and reading the reviews on RCG, I was worried, as our flying field is not very large and is grass.
    my maiden went quite well. I am flying on 4S 3700. CG was quite nose heavy. I added1.5 ounces at the very back of the fuselage and it evened things out.

Take off on the grass was very strait forward. Ease the throttle in. No need for full throttle on takeoff. Initial flight took a lot of nose up trim. Once dialed in, she flew fine.

The blue and white colors scheme actually popped quite well. Though, the profile gear up turns it into an arrow! Lift a wing a bit and everything pops back into view though. I may still add some checkerboard trim under the wing.

I set the described 15% and 25% mix for flaps (half and full respectively). It did not balloon up. Rather it settled nicely into a slight nose up attitude. Touch down was one if the smoothest I’ve managed, if I do say so myself! Roll out was ~60’...stopped pretty much in front of me! Bottom line, no issues on take off nor landing from grass.

Second flight was almost a redo of the first. Though trimmed better. Takeoff was a nice flat climb out. Second landing encountered a bit of crosswind and lifted the left wing a bit just before touch Don. But, settled right back in.

key to this airplane, IMHO, is energy and power management. Don’t cob the throttle on takeoff. Ease it in and counter P-Factor accordingly. I don’t like long drawn out approaches. I used a nice continuous turn to a short final and used about 15% throttle (it was a calm day), kept the nose pointed at the aim point. Slight...very slight flare at the end.

Comment

Working...
    X