Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nexa 1760mm G58 Sport - ARF Thread

G58 Sport 1760mm (69.2") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1016-001

Introduced in the 1969 and still produced today, the full-size G58 Sport is a luxurious 6 seat, turbo-charged civil airplane used by both private and commercial operators around the world.

The Nexa G58 Sport is a electric scale series civilian aircraft with a 1760mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and fully covered. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes a two piece wing design with aluminum wing joiner, fiberglass cowling, painted pilot, electric retracts and struts, flaps, a large battery hatch and pre-hinged and installed control surfaces.
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa G58 Sport comes fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail.
    Scale Details Throughout

Satisfying scale details accentuate the G58 Sport including fiberglass cowling, painted pilot, electric retracts, struts and operational flaps.
    Large Hatch

The large hatch allows for an incredible amount of space for any battery and electronic requirements.
    Electric Retracts Included

The Nexa G58 Sport comes with electric retracts and struts for added realism and clean flight profile.
    FEATURES:
    • Fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Electric retracts and struts are included
    • Two piece wing with aluminum wing joiners for easy transport
    • Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and slower landings
    • Fiberglass cowling, detailed cockpit and painted pilot for added scale appeal
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows easy access to your chosen electric setup
    INCLUDES:
    • Nexa G58 Sport 1760mm (69.2") Wingspan - ARF
    • Wheels, wheel covers, spinner, fiberglass cowling
    • Motor mounts
    • Electric retracts and struts
    • Hardware and decals
    REQUIRES:Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).
    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 6+ HOURS
    Model Scale 1/6
    Wingspan 1760mm / 69.2in
    Length 1210mm / 47.6in
    Weight 4300g / 151.67oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 100-104mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
    Power System 2x 770kV Brushless Outrunner Motors (required)
    Electronic Speed Control 2x 45A (required)
    Propeller / EDF 2x 11x7 2-blade (required)
    Servos 4x high voltage/torque standard: left aileron, right aileron, left flap, right flap (required)
    3x metal gear standard: elevator, rudder (required)
    Landing Gear Electric retracts with struts (included)
    Required Battery 2x 4 Cell 14.8V 3000 - 4000 mAh LiPo Battery (required)
    Required Radio 6+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon
    Material Balsa and light plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors

Are the props counter rotating ?

Comment

Originally posted by MacMcclellan View Post
      Are the props counter rotating ?
      The recommended props are two 11x7s, not counter but you could most certainly make it a CR setup.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hello or place the esc, ready for the engines in the nacelles or in the cabin?

Comment

Could someone please recommend suitable size three blade props for this plane.

Comment

JamesTaylor96 - The rule of thumb is take the recommended 2 blade size and cut an inch off for each added blade. So if 11x7 2-blade is recommended then a 10x7 3 blade or 9x7 4 blade will work as well.

10x7 would be perfect here

Comment

Thanks so much for that. I will now go hunting...

Comment

has anyone upgraded the retracts on this model? also can anyone tell me the spinner size? thanks

Comment

hello
                  i need help for instalation of electronic and battery and engine in Beechcraft Baron G58
                  could some one help and send some picture ?

Comment

You state this comes with electric retracts BUT you are in ERROR, they are optional!! Comes with fixed struts!!!!

Comment

Motions site is clear that retracts are not included.

Comment

Hi all,
                        just got my G58 looking forward to the build.
                        Got the retracts, lights, Mantis esc's and Cobra motors

Comment

Originally posted by Sotm View Post
                          You state this comes with electric retracts BUT you are in ERROR, they are optional!! Comes with fixed struts!!!!
                          It's true. When they went out of stock, the retracts were included. Back in stock, the retracts are add ons. However, if I recall correctly, the "retract included" ARF was a hundred dollars more.
                          Regardless, I bought mine pretty soon after they came back in stock and got the retracts as soon as they came back in stock. I hope to start the build soon.

Comment

So from anybody who has built one of these, could you comment on the nacelle installation? Mine are REALLY tight. I mean, so tight if I could get them into place they wouldn't need glue! I realize what sandpaper is for, but holy cow are these a tight fit. I would love to hear from anyone who has already dealt with this.
                            Talking about the motor/nacelle mount into the wing.

Comment

I got another one for you. The setup for the nose gear non retractable version is clear, but I am using the retracts. The manual is not terribly clear. Do I need to install the nose gear low on the mounting box? The manual seems to show it screwed to the top of the box, but I'm thinking that may make the gear leg too short resulting in a "nose low" stance on the ground.

Comment

following

Comment

I ordered the recommended motors but they seem to be a little light on power. Was wondering what everyone else were using. I have two eflite powwr 46 motors I can use.

Comment

Originally posted by mkbrower View Post
                                    I ordered the recommended motors but they seem to be a little light on power. Was wondering what everyone else were using. I have two eflite powwr 46 motors I can use.
                                    I can't speak to the question asked because I have not yet flown my Baron, but I don't like to pay premium prices for brand names. I went with 2 G32 motors and compatible speed controls for a total of 123 dollars.

I'm pretty sure if you use the eflite 46's you'll be golden.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky R View Post
                                      So from anybody who has built one of these, could you comment on the nacelle installation? Mine are REALLY tight. I mean, so tight if I could get them into place they wouldn't need glue! I realize what sandpaper is for, but holy cow are these a tight fit. I would love to hear from anyone who has already dealt with this.
                                      Talking about the motor/nacelle mount into the wing.
                                      Mine were incredibly tight as well. I used a bunch of my wife's emery boards stacked up to be just the right width to fit into the nacelle mounting grooves. As I sanded, I used different combinations of thicknesses until I got them to fit. Also, I needed to add material to the "outriggers" and then used a contour gauge to mark exactly where I needed to sand back down so that the outriggers came into contact with the leading edge of the wing halves. It was a lot of work, but they appear to be solidly mounted now. I used the thin CA to glue into place. Worked great!
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by newconvert; Mar 31, 2023, 10:00 PM. Reason: add photo

Comment

Originally posted by mkbrower View Post
                                        I used two BadAss 2826-1030 motors with 10x7, three-blade propellers. I haven't flown it yet, but according to e-Calc, it looks like a good setup. I'm using two, 3,000mAh, 4s Admiral batteries that I got from Motion RC. Using two 85A Mantis ESCs. I mounted the ESCs in the nacelles and ran the wires into the fuselage. If you're going to lengthen the battery wires (as I did) you'll need to hang some extra capacitors right at the ESC. I used the ones from Castle Creations and also mounted them in the nacelles.
                                        Last edited by newconvert; Mar 31, 2023, 04:06 PM. Reason: add photo

Comment

Working...
                                        X