X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky R View Post

I can't speak to the question asked because I have not yet flown my Baron, but I don't like to pay premium prices for brand names. I went with 2 G32 motors and compatible speed controls for a total of 123 dollars.

I'm pretty sure if you use the eflite 46's you'll be golden.
    Here is the e-Calc for the BadAss Motor
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by newconvert View Post

I used two BadAss 2826-1030 motors with 10x7, three-blade propellers. I haven't flown it yet, but according to e-Calc, it looks like a good setup. I'm using two, 3,000mAh, 4s Admiral batteries that I got from Motion RC. Using two 85A Mantis ESCs. I mounted the ESCs in the nacelles and ran the wires into the fuselage. If you're going to lengthen the battery wires (as I did) you'll need to hang some extra capacitors right at the ESC. I used the ones from Castle Creations and also mounted them in the nacelles.
      This is exactly how I planned to mount my ESC’s. Didn’t know about the capacitors on lingerie leads. Thank you for the great information.

Comment

what gas engine is recommended for the G-58?

Comment

Originally posted by mkbrower View Post
          This is exactly how I planned to mount my ESC’s. Didn’t know about the capacitors on lingerie leads. Thank you for the great information.
          Sure thing. Here is a good thread about the capacitors on RC Groups:
          Careful! too long battery wires will kill ESC over time: precautions, solutions & workarounds Electric Plane Talk

Comment

Thanks for the link! I’ll be sure to read upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by newconvert View Post

Here is the e-Calc for the BadAss Motor
              Where can the program be found at? Thanks

Comment

I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by rcnuts2 View Post
                  Hi all,
                  just got my G58 looking forward to the build.
                  Got the retracts, lights, Mantis esc's and Cobra motors
                  Which ESC and Cobra's did you go with?

Comment

Hello all. My Baron arrives today. Does anyone know of a retract system that would work in replacement of the Nexa one?

Comment

Originally posted by drnascar3 View Post
                      what gas engine is recommended for the G-58?
                      IF it's calling for 11-7 props then bank on a 40-46 2-cycle glow, 52-62 4-cycle glow. Gas engines....if you want to use gasoline, use an OS G5 glow plug for ignition, as the weight of two CDI modules +the CDI battery is gonna be pretty hard for a model this size to carry.

I'm thinking about getting one myself and I'd go for Saito 62s on it unless I could somehow find a pair of FS52 Surpasses that ran within 5% the same as each other. I would run a 12-7-3 prop on a Saito 62 or an 11-7-3 on an FS52 Surpass with this model. Another option, especially if you want counter rotating props, is Enya 53 4-c's. These engines can be easily retimed to run in reverse rotation and Master Airscrew sells tractor AND pusher 11-7-3 props for fuel applications, so you would put the pusher prop on the reversed engine and voila. Fuel burning counter-rotating power for this ship. Main reason I'm not looking to go that route is cost; those Enya engines ain't cheap.

Comment

where does the throttle servos go if built glow powered? Manual is very vague when it comes to powering it by glow.

Comment

Working...
                        X