X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi rogerb welcome to the Squawk!
    Just checking, but you are balancing it with the gear down and it is sitting on the balancer upside down, correct?
    The only other thing I can see is that you would have to add a bit of stick weight to the front to help out, as much as I hate doing that as its just dead weight.
    With a tail dragger, you always have to have some up (stick back) elevator when taking off so that's not a surprise. Possibly add one 'pad' of stick weight at a time and try flying it with that.
    I found with my RocHobby Waco that the tendency to nose over was also because it was nose heavy, even with some back up elevator, back in the old days!!
    Hope this helps!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I did what you said. I used my 4S 3300 Thunderpower battery placed all the way forward against the firewall. I balanced the model wheels extended, upside down on a balancer, and it balanced about 3/8" behind my marks. The marks were placed at 42.5 mm behind the front edge of the wing (the cg is supposed to be 40-45 mm from the front edge according to the manual). To get to balance in range takes 3/4 oz of weight on the front of the plane. Thanks for your help. Roger

Comment

• Great to hear Roger, sounds like the p[lane may want to nose over because of the design. I'd make sure I had at least a quarter stick of back elevator when taking off, you can adjust as you go. She'll either leap into the air, in which chase let up a bit or she'll do a nice scale take off. Beware of the prop torque as well, too much throttle too fast and she'll want to pull to the left, correct with right rudder.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• For anyone running 6s on the Nemesis, can you tell me an idea of watts and amps it is pulling? I put on a 9x9 and threw in 2 3s 2200mah lipos and test flew it and it was not impressive at all. Clocked it in the high 90's but I have clocked this plane at 104mph with a 10x12 on 4s. Trying to figure out why I lost performance this way.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
            For anyone running 6s on the Nemesis, can you tell me an idea of watts and amps it is pulling? I put on a 9x9 and threw in 2 3s 2200mah lipos and test flew it and it was not impressive at all. Clocked it in the high 90's but I have clocked this plane at 104mph with a 10x12 on 4s. Trying to figure out why I lost performance this way.
            I ran a 6S 3000mah and it barely kept up with the current draw, but allowed me to still achieve proper CG. In my opinion, the battery compartment is a bit too small to allow a battery capacity and weight of adequate amount to withstand what 6S and 9x9 draws on the stock motor (which is also pushing the boundaries of the stock motor greatly, and of course personal mods to the power system is always a risk that is undertaken and accepted). Too large of a diameter prop. like the 9x9 on 6S for this motors KV may be bogging down the system and dropping the RPM’s too a lower amount than is efficient and optimal. Even though a 8x8E won’t provide the thrust of the 9x9E, you’ll likely increase the RPM’s greatly by doing so, and may also achieve better top speed performance and less voltage sag by using slightly larger capacity batteries and a smaller prop. This Rochobby has a higher kv motor than the other Reno Racers in the line like the Voodoo, etc. The 6S 2200mah battery you were using was probably sagging in voltage under load like crazy when using a 9x9. Try a larger capacity 6S and also dropping the prop size to 8x8, or go with a 5S 3300-3600mah and use a 10x10 prop, and see what the results are. Both should work out better. In addition, make sure the ESC is a 80-100A for added headroom, add an external BEC, and make sure to calibrate the throttle range of the ESC for optimal power output. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

I ran a 6S 3000mah and it barely kept up with the current draw, but allowed me to still achieve proper CG. In my opinion, the battery compartment is a bit too small to allow a battery capacity and weight of adequate amount to withstand what 6S and 9x9 draws on the stock motor (which is also pushing the boundaries of the stock motor greatly, and of course personal mods to the power system is always a risk that is undertaken and accepted). Too large of a diameter prop. like the 9x9 on 6S for this motors KV may be bogging down the system and dropping the RPM’s too a lower amount than is efficient and optimal. Even though a 8x8E won’t provide the thrust of the 9x9E, you’ll likely increase the RPM’s greatly by doing so, and may also achieve better top speed performance and less voltage sag by using slightly larger capacity batteries and a smaller prop. This Rochobby has a higher kv motor than the other Reno Racers in the line like the Voodoo, etc. The 6S 2200mah battery you were using was probably sagging in voltage under load like crazy when using a 9x9. Try a larger capacity 6S and also dropping the prop size to 8x8, or go with a 5S 3300-3600mah and use a 10x10 prop, and see what the results are. Both should work out better. In addition, make sure the ESC is a 80-100A for added headroom, add an external BEC, and make sure to calibrate the throttle range of the ESC for optimal power output. :Cool:
              Thanks for the help. Smallest 6s I have right now is a 3300 and it will not fit. I also don't have any 5s lipos to experiment with so I may just stick this back on 4s for now and keep the 6s stuff for my larger planes and my edfs.

Comment

• 4S works well (especially with the prop upgrade) for sure and is simple, which is nice. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by waytooslow View Post

Sadly, I killed my Strega number 2 in a high speed mid air, destroyed the HK Excaliber,
                  I push the envelope pretty good, running a 6S and a 10x10 (yes the esc and motor handle fine). Question -- how much room is in the fuse of the nemesis? I can wedge in a 2700 mah 6S 45C in the Strega with minimal mods.
                  What is the amp draw?

Comment

• I just ordered a replacement fuse for my RocHobby NXT Nemesis and was very disappointed to find out it does not include a canopy! I had just assumed that it would be included since the canopy is not listed as a separate spare part. Has any body found a source for this part?

Comment

• I was actually just looking for a canopy yesterday and never could find one.

Comment

• :Cool:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/canopy--nemesis-rohki112

Comment

• Thank you!!!

Comment

• Not a problem at all!

Comment

• Does anyone know where I can buy wings for the RocHobby Nemesis? I'm guessing they stop making parts for this plane since I can't find wings any where.😧

Comment

Working...
                              X