• Show
Clear All

Started flying mine on 4s, love it, they way it was meant to be flown

Comment

Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
      Started flying mine on 4s, love it, they way it was meant to be flown
      Agree only way is on 4s

Comment

Well after getting the P-47 a year and half ago, and wanting the Corsair for a long while, it finally came up on sale. So I got one... All ready to go. Unfortunately I am knocked out with corona so have been missing the chance to maiden it this last week in perfect weather... :(

The 1.2m Jug is a very good plane, though I find it a tad slow and to be quite a battery pig. It's better in grass though than my hopped up Parkzone Jug and FW-190 - both of which however are more fun to actually fly I would say. Turnigy SK3 1250kv motors on 4S etc... The 1.2m Jug is a floaty kite in comparison, but looks great in the air, is super easy to fly, and trainer like to land and take-off... I have read that the Corsair is trickier on the ground, so will try to be careful... Would hate to ding it up..

Alreay yanked the ESC and receiver to sell, and put in a 60a ESC and Radiomaster R168 receiver...

I was quite surprised how small it looks compared to the Jug. Seems to have much more the presence of an 1100mm plane, compared to the girthy Jug... The wheels also look pretty small... Anyway, stoked to finally have it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	340939

Comment

So, got my maiden and a second flight in yesterday. It took off actually really well. I had heard it can be squirrely on the ground, but it was perfect in that regard really - taking off, landing, even taxiing in the grass. In the air it was a bit floaty and slow, but OK.. I do wish I could soup it up for more power and speed. On my 1.2m P-47 I did put a 2-bladed prop on it, but that honestly didn't make that big a difference. May do that on the Corsair as well, just to see. It's definitely a nice looking plane...

Guess this a more Motion-product oriented forum, and this E-flite plane is old by now, so not much action in this thread... Anyway, I'd been wanting a Corsair for a good while, and 1.2m is just the right size for me. The big 1.6m Motion Corsair I'm sure is great, but too big and too expensive and requires too-different batteries for me and my collection.. I maidened mine with a Zippy 4S 3300 40C, and the second flight was with a Zippy 4S 2700 60C. I preferred the former. It was windy and it was getting knocked around a bit, even with the heavier battery...

Which reminds me(speaking of the big Motion Corsair, that is..), this plane also fits MUCH better in my car than the 1.2m P-47 does...
          Attached Files

Comment

Two more flights yesterday, which were much better after putting the (4S 3300 Zippy 40C) further forward. Also got a solid 11 minutes on the first flight.. Was going pretty easy, but still... For whatever reason it seems to not suck anywhere near the power that the P-47 does... Was able to enjoy that unique Corsair silhouette cruising around... Again, unlike the Jug, the Corsair fits perfectly in the car with other planes..
            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Reissued May 2022.

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                X