Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nexa 1620mm PA-22 Tri-Pacer ARF Thread

PA-22 Tri-Pacer 1620mm (63") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1027-001

The PA-22 Tri-Pacer is a light strut-braced high-wing monoplane aircraft built by Piper Aircraft from 1949 to 1964.

The Nexa PA-22 Tri-Pacer is a electric or gas option .60-size civil airplane with a 1620mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, fully functional flaps, fiberglass cowl, wingtip tanks and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. Impress at your flying field with this fun civil flyer!

Fully Covered

The Nexa PA-22 Tri-Pacer comes fully covered in an attractive and sporty red and white scheme.
    Scale Details Throughout

There is no shortage of scale details with this PA-22 Tri-Pacer including functional flaps, painted canopy and antenna.
    Fiberglass Cowling

The cowl is made of fiberglass for both looks and durability.
    Slow Trainer or Aerobatic Charmer

The PA-22 Tri-Pacer can both fly slow and easy with trainer-like dependability and stability while also performing aerobatics with ease and style.
    Features:
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Covered from tip to tail in scale details including functional flaps, plastic seat, antenna, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
    • Fiberglass cowling for strength and durability
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
    Includes:
    • Nexa PA-22 Tri-Pacer 1620mm (63") Wingspan - ARF
    • Wheels and spinner
    • Fuel tank, hardware and decals
    Requires:Gas Requires:
    • .46 - .70 (7.45cc - 11.5cc) gas engine
    • Standard 12x6 2-blade gas propeller
    Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :intermediate
    BUILD TIME :5+ hours

Model Scale 1/5
    Wingspan 1620mm / 63.7in
    Length 1209mm / 47.6in
    Empty Weight 2900g / 102.29oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 65-68mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
    Power System 400Kv or equivalent brushless outrunner motor for electric or .46 - .70 (7.45cc - 11.5cc) for gas (required)
    Electronic Speed Control 60-65A (required)
    Propeller / EDF 11x8 2-blade for electric or 12x6 2-blade for gas (required)
    Servos 45g metal gear standard: left aileron, right aileron, elevator, rudder
    17g metal gear standard: left flap , right flap
    Landing Gear Aluminum gear (included)
    Required Battery 4 Cell 14.8V 4500 - 5000mAh LiPo Battery (required)
    Required Radio 6+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type CA fabric
    Material Balsa and light plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 5+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I flew mine today, and was very happy with the way it flies. I was VERY disappointed that the cheap plastic nose gear that came with the model bore no resemblance to the one in the pictures.
    There are a few other peculiarities, like the flap servo setup is done in a mirror image of each other, like aileron servos. So when one goes up, the other goes down. you have to reverse one servo.
    The cabin door is hinged, but the door can't be opened with the wings on.

Comment

How does it land?

Comment

It lands like butter. It slows down nicely with flaps, and the nosegear held up in spite of landing on grass that falls short of putting green quality..

Comment

Anyone figure out anything else for a fix on the nose gear?

Comment

Thinking about putting a Saito FG 11 or FG 14 four stroke gas in mine which one should I use?

Comment

Working...
            X