X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official XK Model 650mm J3 with Gyro Thread

XK Model J3 with Gyro 650mm (25.5") Wingspan - (Ready-To-Fly) - RTF - WLT-A160

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1079
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	347398

The XK Model J3 RTF is a great introductory model aircraft for beginners due to its built-in stability system (3D/6G) that supports smooth flights and resistance to crashes. A great park flyer with a removable wing and micro class size for easy transportation to and from the flying field.

The powerful brushless motor supports a wide flight envelope for flying everything from slow flight to impressive aerobatics. The XK Model J3 boasts attractive scale looks in the iconic yellow color scheme. If you are looking to get into the hobby with a smaller park flyer with a built-in gyro for stability and nice scale looks the XK Model J3 would be a terrific choice.

Features:
    • Comes with 3D/6G, a gyro for increased stability and helps decrease the chance of a crash. Simply cycle between 6G (stable mode) and 3D (no control surface limits) by pressing the aileron stick to the lower left after activating the model
    • Compact size and nice scale looks appeals to both novice and advanced pilots
    • Powerful brushless motor supports a wide flight envelope from slow to aerobatic flight
    • Removable wing with carbon supports for ease of transportation to and from the flying field
    • Extended flight times (10-15 minute averages)
    Includes:
    • XK Model J3 with Gyro 650mm (25.5") Wingspan - RTF
    • FTR Futaba S-FHSS Compatible 4CH 2.4GHz Transmitter
    • 2.4GHz Receiver
    • 2S 7.4V 500mAh LiPo Battery
    • 2S LiPo Battery Charger
    • USB Charging Cable
    • Replacement Propeller
    • Owner's Manual
    Requires:
    HELPFUL TIP: If you are new to radio control (RC) we recommend that you read through our RC resource known as our "Knowledge Blog". It's jam packed with helpful information for beginners including how to articles, support videos, a glossary of terms and much more. Click Here to go to our Knowledge Blog's Beginner Section. For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team and one of our knowledgeable RC experts will be glad to assist you. Happy flying!

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL: 14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
    BUILD TIME: 1 hour
    Wingspan 650mm / 25.5in
    Length 460mm / 18.1in
    Flying Weight 145g / 5.11oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to the manual
    Power System 1404 Brushless Outrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control Integrated
    Propeller / EDF 2-Blade Prop
    Servos Micro
    Landing Gear Fixed
    Battery 2S 7.4V 500mAh 25C LiPo (included)
    Radio FTR Futaba S-FHSS Compatible 4CH 2.4GHz Transmitter (included)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Foam
    Material EPP Foam
    Skill Level Beginner
    Build Time 1 hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoor
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Am I the first ?

Comment

Nope! I bought one last fall along with 2 other club members. Flies great outside but pretty fast for a cub. I have about 25 flights on mine. We chase each other around our field. Most of time we fly on high rates Best Regards, Rex

Comment

Not a good experience for an advanced RC flyer looking for a cute lunch-time flyer while at work.

I was pretty excited to try the A160 "Baby cub" park flyer when I first saw it was added to the list at Motion.
        For a little over $100 bucks I could get a plane, battery, rcvr with gyro "AS3X type functionality" , and great scale looks.
        What could go wrong ?
        Well - if you try to use the poorly translated manual that comes with it - PLENTY.
        Assembly was fairly simple and straight forward - EXCEPT for wing mounting.
        My model that I purchased had the aileron servo leads exiting the fuselage from the rear edge of the clear plastic cabin glass in the fuselage. This made getting the trailing edge of the wing to sit flat enough on the fuselage to get the half turn plastic wing lock screws to be able to turn 180 in the receiving slots inside the fuselage. The ends of the turn-lock screws would not slide down far enough to clear the turn-lock key hole.
        What I had to do was drill a 1/4 inch hole in the back edge of the cockpit glass so that I could fish the aileron wire connectors from the rcvr in the fuselage through the big opening at the top of the glass so that the wing servos could connect without needing the wire to pass between the wing and top of the fuselage. This allows the wing to sit down flat enough for the half-turn screw locks to slide into keyholes and lock the wing down.
        That problem now solved - I moved on through the manual.
        My manual had several problems that made getting the model set up to fly much more difficult than it needed to be. I will post my findings here in the hope it can help other users who want to fly this cute little cub :
        • CG - The CG info is located on page 12 of the manual and is specified to be 55-65 mm from the leading edge of wing. Manual has NO marking of the CG on the drawing, and the translated CG location does NOT mention WHERE the 55 - 65 mm is measured. Like other models, it should be measured from the LEADING EDGE of the wing.
        • The subject title for battery install on page 6 is labeled FREQUENCY ? This is wrong. It should be BATTERY INSTALLATION and rcvr binding instead.
        • Switching the model between 3D mode and 6 channel mode is done by pressing the top right button on the transmitter. However - instructions on page 8 are NOT clear, and mislabel the button as aileron rocker ? This makes no sense and is clearly wrong. There is also NO info about what the difference is between 3D and 6 ch. I found the difference is in 3D mode ailerons and rudder are coupled to allow more extreme maneuvers. 6 ch mode separates rudder, aileron, and ele into separate and UN-mixed channels.
        • The top LEFT button on transmitter switches between high and low rates for rudder. This is not explained in manual either.
        • Lastly the gyro stabilization feature does NOT engage until the throttle is advanced. This is not documented in manual. Dont expect to test the gyro control of servos until throttle is advanced.
        FYI
        :)

Comment

I need to get another motor / prop adapter. I think my son knocked it into 3D mode as it was flying away, spun, turned into a lawndart
          MotionRC does not have any for the J3 or the Beaver. Do you know of any others that will fit it ?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I need some help. I lightly crashed my plane, an A160, Aigo J3 Skylark. At the crash only the propeller and the propeller screw resulted broken, other than that all worked normally. I disconnected the plane, replaced the broken pieces, charge the batteries, and when I connected it again, the RC seems to work normally but apparently makes no connection. I turn on the RC, it beeps normally, lights go normally until continues light. The servos make a little noise just once, but other than that no response from the commands at all. There is a level of connection between RC and plane, as the servos make a first little adjustment that doesnt happen when I turn on the plane until connect to the RC.

I looked for a broken piece or a disconnection somewhere, but all seems to be ok, nothing broken.

Please, any ideas?

Thanks

Teo

Comment

Working...
            X