X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Mosquito

Plane is ready to go.Waiting for a calm day. The reviews on the first flight of this plane are not good. I hope there is no unknown electrical problem with this plane. Would hate to loose it on first flight. Any suggestions out there.

There is a guy here local that has one, I did the test flight on it last year. Was way out of trim, if I recall it wanted to climb and also was wagging left and right due to engine pull(Torque) at different speed settings( Big hand full for the 1st few seconds). I got it timed out but the yaw was fixed by putting each engine on it own channel mixed with the radio. She fly's very well now with little yaw going on. I would add you really do need to fly it from take off to landing. from the test flight to today it's like night and day. she is a joy to fly now.

Hope that helps some?

John

Comment

John,
      Thanks for the input on Mosquito.
      T.J

Comment

any secrets to flying the mosquito? power on landings? do u need a lot of rudder in the turns etc?

Comment

Yes power on for landing, don't dead stick it

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
            any secrets to flying the mosquito? power on landings? do u need a lot of rudder in the turns etc?
            The FW Mosie , rudder is a must in turns to make it fly well, also cross wind landings, she like's to turn into the wind a lot. No secrets here.

John

Comment

I have this plane as well even did the flaps. I have not had any issues with turning at all for me. The flaps really helps this plane even though its not a simple task to do. This plane is pretty fast but yet can slow way down with flaps. But you still want power on landings. Like I mentioned I did not need to do rudder turns on mine just ailerons.

Comment

thanks guys ill get her airborn soon and hope for the best lol

Comment

Finally maiden the Mosquito. I had a problem losing signal when plane was first set-up Switched hot lead from one ESC to the other. Elevator trim way out. Once in the air plane is hard to see. needs rudder in turns. When flaps are deployed plane noses up. Will add some mix. Must land with power. I recommend you have an experienced pilot standing by. This plane is not for the faint of heart. Lucky to get it back on the ground on first flight. Three flights so far on a grass field with no problem to retracts. The plane is a hand full for me, but I still like it.

Comment

if it needs rudder in turns which way? if left turn does it need left rudder ?

Comment

Yes Ron! Left turn left rudder and visa versa. This will keep your turns axial. If you have a computer radio you can mix it in with your aieilrons.

Roy B.

Comment

thanks roy

Comment

well didn't do so well on maiden....took off great gear came up and made a turn to the left to the downwind....it would not come out of the left turn and spun in ...total loss not sure if it was a servo lock up or what? the elevator after the crash was one side up other level but think that was from impact....oh well on to more planes lol

Comment

well didn't do so well on maiden....took off great gear came up and made a turn to the left to the downwind....it would not come out of the left turn and spun in ...total loss not sure if it was a servo lock up or what? the elevator after the crash was one side up other level but think that was from impact....oh well on to more planes lol

A little FoamTac and it will be fine.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

ya I figure some duct tape and wire ties no sweat

Comment

That will buff right out Ron! ;)

Sorry that happened.... :(
                                Lauren

Comment

I think of it as making more room for other models :)

Comment

Ron1950,
                                    Sorry to hear about wipe out. You should be able to put it back together with Gorilla glue. My Mosquito is flying like a dream. Take off and landing is smooth once plane is trimmed out. Still you must fly this plane with authority at all times or it will bite you. Don't give up on it.
                                    TJ

Comment

thanks TJ but I really did need the room lol (currently living in my motorhome away from home so just have the dashboard for storage) and it was in at least 6 to 7 pieces ,kinda looked like a snake...got to think a servo locked up cause it was full throttle and just screwed itself out of the sky...

Comment

Ron1850, I had the same problem when I bench tested. It was a bad BEC in one of the ESC.
                                        TJ

Comment

Working...
                                        X